OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 10/29/2013 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Worse top coat. It takes forever to dry and even after a couple hours, it still gets dent marks. Definitely not as shiny as I had expected. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased this polish. Truly a waste. Will be sticking with my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri clear top coat polish...

on 10/8/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it's very good when used as a ridge filler.

on 9/30/2013 5:21:00 PM

Most disappointing top coat. I thought top coats were pretty innocuous. The bottle hardened way to quick. It took forever for my nails to dry, and became very thick and gelatinous very quickly. It was gross. After 5 to 6 uses, the cap became immensely difficult to take off. Would not buy again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Yeah, this sucks. After a couple of uses, it has become way too thick and whenever I take the brush out of the bottle, it leaves little strings behind. It takes FOREVER to dry. I always end up getting dings or smudges in my polish long after I've applied this.

I also have this weird problem where the cap is really hard to take off and put back on and it seems like the black from the cap has chipped off into the polish so now there's black flecks all in it and it gets on my nails sometimes.

on 7/31/2013 7:18:00 AM

Literally IT CREATES BUBBLES ON YOUR NAILS. WITHOUT THIS COAT IT DOESN'T HAVE BUBBLES, BUT WITH IT IT HAS LITLE EXPLODED BUBBLES! Ugh. On the bright side, yeah it creates shine. Not worth it

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually threw out the contents of my bottle and bought the bigger salon refill, thinking I just got a bad batch. Turns out, this top coat really is quite horrible. Yes it's shiny and application is easy but it bubbles like crazy! Not the quality you'd expect from OPI. Since I have so much of it now, I'm just trying to finish it off by patiently applying very thin coats. That's the only way I can tolerate this product.

on 6/21/2013 11:42:00 AM

Ick. I hate this stuff. Costs $9 now. It dried relatively quickly for me. I was able to take a shower about an hour or two after I applied it, but it bubbles like crazy. I rolled the bottle before I used it and it still made my nails bubble. It is nice and glossy, but it also does not prevent against chipping. I put it on yesterday and I've got 3 serious chips and tip wear on all of my other nails. 0/10 would not recommend.

on 5/11/2013 2:04:00 AM

In terms of glossiness, it does the job. I find it smooths out any uneven-ess in my nail polish and makes it look done and neat. The applicator is easy to hold and the wide brush allows for easy application of the top coat. The top coat also dries pretty quickly. However, I have an issue with the bubbles it creates on my manicure and the fact that two coats are needed to achieve more glossiness (which is how I like my nails to look). Though it is a decent top coat it just isn't worth it for the price. I would probably go for Seche Vite or Sally Hansen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Don't. Just don't get it. I don't care if I happened to get some old bottle or what but this smells like old fish. omg yuuuggghhh! So it will smell like old fish at some point in time. Emptying it out and washing out with np remover for frankenpolishes because OPI's ProWide brush is awesome, but this top coat reeks. (Same price as other OPI polishes, but I got this for free w/OPI base coat purchase.)

on 2/12/2013 2:16:00 PM

it's OK but takes FOREVER to dry. i always got sheet marks the next morning even after waiting hours for it to dry. i had for about 2 months and used it about once per week, when it got all gloopy and unuseable. then i wasted another $12 on the OPI thinner and that did absolutely nothing to restore the polish, no matter how many drops i used. i had to throw it out. thankfully i found Seche and it's SO much better!! i most definitely wouldn't repurchase OPI's top coat, or even use again even if it was free.

Top Rated OPI Products