Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

4.2

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Jojoba Esters, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Polyquaternium-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 1/13/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this. It reminds me of the Lovely Skin cleanser but with little beads. The cleanser itself has exfoliating properties, but there aren't a ton of beads in it, so the scrubbing action is gentle. I use it once a week with my Clarisonic and it gives me very clear, clean skin.

on 1/7/2013 2:32:00 PM

Love this, but to me this is more of a scrub and I use it as such. It's gentle, fragrance free, rinses well, skin feels really soft, none of this tight feeling.I'm very wary of scrubs. Some cause more problems than they than they can possibly hope to solve.They.are so harsh and rough. But this is none of these.It is expensive, but I don't mind if a product is worth it and this certainly is.I wouldn't use this twice dailly though , like I say it's more of a scrub and should be treated as such. Over exfoliating can be harmful.Let's not confuse this with an AHA/BHA chemical exfoliator though. The ingredients do not remain on skin long enough. This is no more than a scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I waited a few months before writing a review for this product in order to make sure I could write a fair one. I believe I can.
I use this morning and night, usually, although there are some (few) days where I only use it once- I think that's trivial, though. The product is thick, white, and has little jojoba esters in it that I don't personally think are enough for exfoliating. I use a different scrub in order to truly exfoliate my skin if I feel the need. If you prefer very gentle, seemingly non-physical exfoliation, then this will be perfect for you as an exfoliator- it's just my personal preference to have a grainy scrub like St Ives.

Anyway, I do really like this cleanser. It leaves my skin glowing- really, really glowing- and crazy clean, although it can be drying (to be fair, I don't drink enough water and I don't moisturize, so take that with a grain of salt). At first I thought this product was breaking me out and stopped using it but once or twice a week. However, recently my skin has broken out like never before and I started using this consistently again, hoping to combat it. And it did! The breakouts are smaller, less inflamed, and there's less of them now than before- I think this cleanser has definitely helped in that.

I also have a huge problem with hyperpigmentation and have noticed that this cleanser seems to help with that problem, as well (: I tend to leave this cleanser on for a few minutes before washing it off, hoping to reap the full benefits in that respect. All in all I'd recommend it.

on 11/30/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

I've been using this exfoliating cleanser for more than a year. This was recommended by my dermatologist for my severe cystic acne problem. I've been using this twice a day with tazorac, and indian aztec clay once a week. Definitely improved my skin dramatically. I still have acne scaring, a few pimples, and large pores, but my skin is smoother and much better than before. Won't stop using it.

on 11/14/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Recently my skin started looking dull, dry, drab. No one wants to see that in the mirror day after day... Finally dragged myself to Sephora, got a sample of this...and used it a few days in a row, noticed my skin was looking more glowy, radiant, and spot free! Exactly what I was looking for YAY! I know a lot of people say oh its best to use AHA's in topicals not in a wash- but if your very sensitive to AHA's this is a great solution as it doesnt sit too long on the skin to irritate!

I have found with my dry sensitive skin I cannot use this everyday. One to two times a week or if my skin starts acting up. After using up my sample, I definitely want to buy this!

Update 1/2014 - I am finding that my skin is no longer tolerating this product might try during summer when skin is oily but for now will be using it on my body exclusively . If you have very sensitive acne prone skin definitely tread with caution !!

on 11/12/2012 10:17:00 AM

This product is great for keeping your skin clear and clores unclogged. I recently became interested in products with AHAs and is basically how I got started using this cleanser. I deal with sensitive and acne prone skin but it has gotten much better over the years after I've learned to understand my skin and its skincare requirements. This product has taken my skin from good to great. I truly don't need to wear foundation anymore and I use concealer just to cover up dark circles. It has eradicated all the tiny bumps I had under the skin except for some stubborn milia. I used the wrong type of cleanser on my skin for 3 days and my skin instantly became clogged and a few pimples popped up. I then used this for a few days and it cleared it back up. Its a great cleanser on its own, but I have found that using it with a moisturizer with AHAs is a winning combo for keeping skin clear. When I first started using it, I used it nightly because I was hoping I could use it as a daily cleanser. I find the product to be a bit on the drying side so I now use it on occasion. I use it with my Clarisonic. I agree with the other reviewers that the marketing is terrible because it targets only aging skin when it is really fantastic for acne.

on 11/7/2012 9:41:00 PM

SO.......BY FAR THE GREATEST EXFOLIATOR !!! on a good day my skin is red, dry, blemish prone and yah...not the greatest. however, this product is amazing. i was hesistant to use it because my skin is extremely sensitive but after trying it, i was pleasantly surprised ! i happened to stumble on this product by accident; i 100 % agree with a review below about the poor marketing for this product...even the label targets this for age reform ! total bologne. sacylic acid is amazing for acne prone skin ! and i have seen major improvments in the overall quality of this skin. im so glad i found this ! also, you only need very little product and the bottle is huge !!! therefore, despite the high price tag, you definetly get what you paid for !

edit: ok..so even though i used to love and adore this product. i have recently been trying to get away from using chemically loades products and sythentic ingredients...and to my dissapointment i discovered that this is loaded with parabens !! for that reason alone, i sadly will not be finishing it up and will definetly not be repurchasing !! :(

on 10/9/2012 12:09:00 AM

I got a large sample tube of this. I have been using it for about 2 weeks or more, and I like it a lot! I don't have sensitive skin, so I use this everyday and I haven't had any adverse effects. At first I thought it wasn't doing anything and it seemed too gentle. But then, I got a huge pimple (hormonal) and it went away MUCH faster than usual. I don't have acne that often anymore, but when I do get a breakout, it's a big one, and right in the middle of my forehead lol. It usually takes 2 weeks for it to clear up. But since I was using this, it went away in 3 days! Also, if I feel a smaller pimple coming, it doesn't come up at all when i'm using this. My skin also looks brighter and much smoother. I usually don't spend a lot on skincare products, but when this sample runs out, i'm definitely buying the full size if I keep getting such great results.

EDIT: I've been using this a few months now, and it's still amazing! I have a lot less breakouts than usual and my skin has just been really good lately. And the full size bottle is expensive but does have a lot of product! I use about a dime sized amount every other day, so it seems like it will last at least 8 months. Loveee.

on 10/8/2012 1:39:00 PM

I have to start off saying I did not purchase this product - I received in a gift bag at a charity event. I have been using this for over a month and I really like it - it does not work miracles but as someone mentioned below but it does a great job of lightly exfoliating and my skin seems smoother and a bit brighter. I use it only in the morning in the shower so I don't use it to take my makeup off. That being said, I went to Sephora and was taken aback at the price. I like this very much and a little goes a long way but I have never paid more than $10 for a facial cleanser. I don't think scrubbing my face for a minute gives AHA/BHA a chance to really work BUT I have seen results with this so I am kinda stumped. I will purchase this when I run out and I will see how I feel after spending money on it. But as of now, it is my favorite cleanser. As of now...

on 9/3/2012 1:05:00 PM

The thing I don't like about this product is you can't truley exfoliate with an aha/bha product if it is not left on for the skin to absorb. The little grains in the product are the only thing that exfoliate and my understanding is that there really is very little AHA/BHA % in the product. So, if you really want to exfoliate look for something else that actually is product that is meant to be left on the face. I'm just glad I actually didn't pay anything for the product, it was a free sample travel size from Sephora when I placed an on line order.

Popular Scrubs