Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, c12-15 alkyl octanoate, c9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, lauroyl lysine, acrylates copolymer, pentaerythrityl, tetraoctanoate, farnesylacetate, farnesol, bisabolol, pathenyl triacetate, BHT, phenoxyethanol, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides

on 8/31/2013 5:53:00 PM

Best bronzer I ever used hands down. I have been using Mac bronze for the last couple years til I tried this! Gives such a natural color. I don't see what others are taking about looking orange. I think if you find the right shade you won't have that problem. I'm using medium and this makes me glow! Packaging is super cute, comes with a brush but I prefer to use my Mac 182 bronzer brush with it. Although the brush that comes with it is good for on the go. Also lots of product so u get your money's worth!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this bronzer!

on 7/26/2013 12:12:00 AM

After being disappointed in a cheap drugstore bronzer, I went to Estee L as I am almost always very happy with their stuff. This bronzer is great. I have very pale skin and my face (unlike my body) can`t tan. It is very expensive I think, for $36, but I `got over` the price and now just happy to have the product :-). The color is beautiful, natural, makes a big enough difference without looking fake! It will last a long time I am sure as the size of the bronzer is very big. Much prefer using this than a fake tanner on my face as I get breakouts from those, while this powder you wash off, and you have clear skin. :-)

on 7/21/2013 8:56:00 PM

Wonderful bronzer. Used it many times over the years. A great splurge

on 7/14/2013 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Just got this bronzer and I'm in love. I got it in medium which is a neutral, natural bronze with slight shimmer. Applied with a big, fluffy finishing brush it really makes me look naturally tan. I exfoliate a lot so my face is always 1-2 shades lighter than my body, and I'm always looking for products to alleviate that condition a bit. This definitely fits the bill. I'm rating the price a 2 because while you may experience a little sticker shock initially, this baby is HUGE and the product itself is really top quality. Pretty meh about the brush, but I appreciate that they include it. If I ever run out I'll buy it again.

on 6/20/2013 4:54:00 PM

Nope, hated it. I have tried my fair share of bronzer a and this one was prob one of the most orangey one on my skin. A lot of people seem to like it, but there are so many better bronzers out there.

on 6/18/2013 6:27:00 PM

This ranks very high in my expanding bronzer collection! Comes in a large compact that's easy to open. Beautiful, natural color. I have this in 'Medium' and it has essentially become the bronzer I use the most. Be aware that this in 'Light' is more golden-brown-yellow and 'Medium' is a more coppery-natural-brown that I find works best with my NW20 skin-tone. 'Medium-Deep' is a darker version of 'Light' (more golden) and 'Deep' is a darker version of 'Medium'.
I often get compliments on how nice my tan looks :). Expensive at 36$ (ish) but you get a lot of powder. Highly recommend!

on 6/7/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

LOVE this bronzer!! I have medium to dark skin and this shows up great on my face! I have it in shade medium deep and I can use it as a bronzer and for contouring, which is hard to find with my skin color. I can find good contouring powders, but it's hard to find a bronzer that can show up on medium dark skin and not look like a highlighter, not have too much sparkle and not show up too orange.
LOVE!!

on 5/28/2013 6:12:00 PM

This was my HG bronzer 10+ years ago (see review below, my opinions still hold true) and I recently rediscovered when EL relaunched it as part of their Bronze Goddess Collection for Spring 2013. It's the same formula/ingredients as the previous incarnation (thankfully!), but it now comes in 4 shades: Light, Medium, Medium Deep, and Deep. The shade names are misleading, though, because they don't go from light-to-dark. Rather, the difference between them is undertone: Light is peachy, Medium is rosy, Medium Deep is yellow, Deep is red-bronze. For example, I thought I would wear Light since I have a light skintone (MAC NC20), but after chatting with an EL MA and having her explain the color-system, she then tested a few shades on me and Medium was perfect for my skintone. FYI, for those that were fans of the previous Matte Bronzer, the shade Medium is the same. I was informed of this both during a Live Chat on EL.com and by the EL MA. Although, I no longer have my old compact to compare the two. I also love the new compact, which has an elegant tortoise shell pattern.

Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer (from EL Customer Service, 2013):
INGREDIENTS: TALC [] C12-15 ALKYL OCTANOATE [] ZINC STEARATE [] C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATE [] METHYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ALUMINA [] LAUROYL LYSINE [] PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BISABOLOL [] PANTHENYL TRIACETATE [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] BHT [] POTASSIUM SORBATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] FARNESYL ACETATE [] FARNESOL [] [+/- MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) [] CARMINE (CI 75470) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]

My original review from 2002:
This is a fabulous bronzer for fair to light-medium skintones! Non-orangey and leaves a matte, yet ever so slightly glowy finish. Oil-free and a great option for acne-prone and oily/combo skins. It's Sage "safe", meaning it doesn't have any known comedogenic ingred. that could cause zits. It comes in a cute and huge compact w/ brush. I strongly rec. this bronzer to any and all light skinned gals! Finally...a bronzer for US!!!

on 4/24/2013 12:20:00 AM

This needs to be applied with a light hand for those of us with fair skin and pink undertones. I have found it's not something you can swipe on without really looking. It does have staying power, either over or without your base makeup, however I haven't tried it without primer. It does seem to turn me orange under certain obtrusive fluorescent lighting scenarios, but those are my nemesis. I don't understand how anyone over ten years of age can look good. It shows every blemish from birth. I've tried this on and off over the past year. I'm quite fair, have had rosacea for the past few years, and my skin has been all over the board due to ...(there's way too many words to insert here)...mid-forty hormones (this seems to sum it up, and those of you, and you know who you are, totally 'get' it). If you leave the house, and you do a 'natural daylight' makeup check at some point, only to find you look a bit like you could be waiting to go on stage....well, it's not going to be the fault of this bronzer. The packaging is spectacular. I understand not all compacts are created equal, and you can indeed get a bad one, no matter the name or price tag. This was in my purse during a recent move. While driving the truck (that looked remarkably like something that should require a special license to operate), an unforeseen, somewhat unpleasant incident occurred. There was a sharp left hand turn made (due to my ninja like moves), then chaos followed as my purse dumped out all over the lovely industrial metal floor. After it was all said and done, my bronzer was still in it's original state! No chips, no chunks dumping out, perfect! Give it a try! (not the ninja turn)

Popular Bronzers