Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 3/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this masque, I really did. There were a couple things I liked about this and a couple things I didn't.
LIKES: I purchased the jar and it was very easy to use because you had control over the amount, the product was cheap.
DISLIKES: It burns your skin. Some facial products give you that amazing cooling sensation which I thought I would get with this, but it literally hurt. It also gave me redness and blemishes whenever I used the product. I thought the smell would be minty but after a while, it goes away and doesn't smell so good.

The queen of all face masks. I don't know what's in it and I don't care. It works and I want to put it on my face all the time.

on 3/13/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on a whim after seeing a few people mention it in YouTube videos. I found it at a health food store, where I paid $9.60 CAD for the 8oz. bottle, so the price is very reasonable.

I have oily, acne-prone skin - my t-zone and cheeks get pretty greasy throughout the day, so I was hoping this would help mitigate some of that oil. After using it a few times, I have found that it really does help get rid of some of that oil. I haven't noticed a difference in my breakouts, but for a few days after using it, I only have what I consider a normal amount of greasiness - barely any at all, except for a small amount at the very end of the day. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine, so this is clearly what has made the difference.

The product itself is quite thick, though I didn't have any problems removing it as other reviewers have mentioned. I just soak a face cloth with warm water, and wipe it off. I don't get that tight feeling after rinsing that a lot of masques give me, although the mint does make it tingle while you have it on your face. The smell of mint is somewhat strong as you're applying it, but I don't find that it lingers too long. However, if you are sensitive to smells, I would be a little cautious as it starts out pretty pungent.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to mitigate their oiliness throughout the day. I will absolutely repurchase, although I suspect it will take many months to use up such a large tube.

on 3/9/2015 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I tried this years ago and still have the full bottle. I like that it gives a little bit of a tingling and tightening effect on my skin. I usually keep it on for about 20 minutes. The only reason why I don't do this often is because clay masks tend to be the hardest to wash off. So I probably used this product less than 10 times total. I like how my skin felt tight and clean afterwards but it didn't really do much in terms of complexion or acne reducing for me

on 3/6/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
-your face feels great after using this mask. It feels refreshed and clean

CONS:
- in the long run, I don't see this doing much for me.

on 3/6/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the hype with this product. I've tried for years to try to like this mask and find a way to make it work for me. I don't have overly sensitive skin, I can usually use almost anything. But this just breaks me out like crazy every time I use it!

on 3/3/2015 1:06:00 AM

I enjoyed using this product a couple of times. It felt good on my face and I like the color. It seemed to have the same effect on my face as a regular cleanser, though -- nothing more. If I just want to clean my face, I'll use cleanser. I started to get a bit sick of the smell pretty quickly.

on 3/2/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time around I used this product was two years ago-when I had zits and acne scars dotting my cheeks. When I opened the tube, it was pretty scary at the thought of smearing it all over my face due to the "spearmint" smell, as another reviewer pointed out. And it did kind of burn, I guess due to the fact that it was my first time using the product, plus my skin hasn't ever been exposed to something stronger than normal clay masks. Nevertheless, I still used it, in desperate, but not vain, hopes that my blemishes would lighten up a bit.

Girl, was I right!

After rinsing off the mask, I definitely felt a smoother complexion and noticed how most of the zits have shrunk, along with some of the scars that appeared more healed. My face felt more softer, although it did take more restraint to stop touching my skin.
I then began a routine of applying the mask twice per week. If the acne died down over the next couple of months, then the facials would be down to once per week. And the acne considerably began to dissipate over the next months, even into the new year! By senior year, majority of the blemishes were nearly invisible. It was almost never there before!

I would give this product five lippies, if it weren't so hard to wash off--even the thinnest layer! And the price, well, let's just say I want to make this facial last as long as possible.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this mask for almost two years now, and its such a good mud mask for acne skin. It sting a bit when you first put it on but that goes away fast and after a few times you hardly notis it, but the first time i used it i got suprised by the intense stinging.
Its clarifying without being extremely drying. I use one of the queen helena face scrubs first then the mask and on those days my skin looks so good and glowing.

The tube is LARGE and i use it atleast once a week and i put a good layer on and still the tube last me over a year but for the price its okay to throw it away and buy a new one when it gets to old.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This used to be my HG mask but the one I got recently did the opposite for me. It made me break out in hives so it's either I got the bad batch or they change the formula?

The price is dirt cheap so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try if you can