Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 3/7/2014 9:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!
I am just so obsessive about foundations and have spent a small fortune over the years on the search for the perfect one. I live in New Zealand and have to buy this from overseas, so I held off for sometime, as I thought it was not for me. How wrong I was. I bought it as an after thought when in Hong Kong at Christmas, and was just blown away by how fantastic it was. I find the coverage is light-medium and is adjustable, I just pat a little more on any places that need it. I apply it with my fingers and it is fool proof, very quick and easy to get a perfect finish, exactly what a busy person needs.I have a combination skin and the colour stays true and I can't believe such a watery foundation lasts all day and late into the evening with no touch ups-amazing. Packaging is fine, I always shake it well before use, but am wondering how easy it will be to get the last out of the bottle with the dropper when the level gets low. I have already purchased a back up bottle online from the US. I wear shade 5.5, over Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge shade 2, or Hourglass Mineral Primer. I do a light dusting with Edward Bess Bronzer in Daydream (my all time favourite), Nars blush in Deep Throat topped with Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient blush. High light with Koh Gen Do Aqua Illuminator in Sheer Beige and a quick spray MAC Fix+.
I find this still looks perfect 12 hours later.
Other foundations which I have worn and loved (but not as much as Maestro) have been Armani Lasting Silk, Ellis Faas Skin Veil, and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
I just hope Armani never stop making this amazing foundation.

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It's the only foundation I'll wear when being photographed. The airbrush quality others have raved about is no joke! I've been accused of "photoshopping" on this very site when posting pictures while wearing this foundation! I have to mix two shades together to match my skin tone(4.5 & 6.5) but it's worth it! A little goes a LOOONG way, so the price is a little easier to justify.Lasts all day too, without oxidizing! I'm posting a picture taken wearing Maestro with this review.

on 3/1/2014 2:20:00 AM

BEAUTIFUL foundation. I always receive so many compliments from complete strangers when I wear this. It is incredibly lightweight, buildable coverage and as long as applied correctly, you get this beautiful airbrushed finish. Make sure to open from the base of the lid and not the dropper. I like to put four drops on the back of my hand and starting on one cheek, slowly work my way around my entire face using my fingers to apply. You don't want to apply dots all over and try blending them out after as the foundation dries down pretty quickly. I highly recommend for those with normal to oily skin types, you will LOVE it!!! I sure do!

on 2/27/2014 7:20:00 AM

I love this foundation which comes with a broad range of tone selections. I have always been looking for a foundation that is not too white for me and i got number 4.5! Other than that, it is light and long lasting. :)

on 2/22/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I live well over 100 miles from the nearest Armani counter, so I was super excited to try this product as well as the other Armani foundations. We did half my face with this, the other half with the luminous silk version and in all kinds of light this one worked better for me. Most of my melasma has been lasered away, so I don't need that much coverage any more. It is very thin, but I like that I can spread it around with my fingers and how it feels like I don't have anything on. If I need more coverage I can put another layer on and it looks nice, not heavy.

on 1/26/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It took me a long time to like this foundation. I wanted it for ages before I bought it, but I live in New Zealand and it's not available here (at least I haven't seen it anywhere) so I had to wait and bought it duty free. But for a long time it didn't really work for me. I really liked the concept, and I found it easy to apply and long-lasting and that kind of thing, but it just didn't look that good on me! I spent a bit of time on the internet researching best methods of application and that kind of thing, but to no avail really. I found the coverage too sheer, but worse than that I found it made my skin look a bit ashy. There was definitely no glow. Now it is possible that I just got the wrong shade, but I don't think I did. It seems to match my skin colour pretty well, and I spent a long time with a SA getting the shade right, as I am neurotic about foundation shades. Even so, there was this ashiness.

I know I haven't really justified the four lipsticks yet. Well: I finally found a way of liking this foundaiton, and it is by mixing it with a LITTLE bit of Lancome Teint Miracle. I find that the blend of the two foundations brings out all the things I like about each of them and removes the things I don't like. I love the glow and imperfection-blurring nature of Teint Miracle, but I don't like the thick feeling and the slightly "hi, I'm wearing foundation" look. Those things go when mixed with Maestro. What I get is the sheer, skin-like look of Maestro with none of the ashiness. Just a lovely non-glittery glow.

So while Maestro on its own is not that great for me, together with Teint Miracle I have found perhaps the best foundation ever for me. So on that basis I'd definitely buy it again.

on 1/17/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didn't even realize I had dry patches on my face until I wore this. Probably nice on normal/oily skin, but I find it really drying. The texture is nice, very light and silky. But on my dry skin, it looks HORRIBLE up close and the finish is dull and too matte. Even though my skin is on the dry side, I never have problems with foundations clinging like this one. It doesn't smooth over imperfections like most foundations probably because it's alcohol based. It just sinks into them.. so beware.

on 1/7/2014 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This looked too dry on my skin and settled into lines. Drug store brands do much better on me than this.

on 1/7/2014 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

It may not be the most rational choice, but I adore this foundation. Sure, my skin must be at its best in order for this to really shine, but when it does, it SINGS. The texture, the fragrance, the packaging, the beautiful finish. It's a wonderful product and I've found the staying power and coverage to be adequate. I have a hunch there are more logical choices out there, but using this makes me feel extra confident and lovely, so why not stick with it? I alternate using my fingers or the RT buffing brush for application.

on 12/19/2013 4:26:00 AM

Ooohhh... I never loved so much a foundation like i love mestro..
I've been trying few foundations lately.. I bought samples of light bulb and face architect from shu eumura, and full size of face designer and maestro from giorgio armani.

I love those foundation above, at first i was hesitated to buy maestro but what the heck.... i bought it anyway. I used maestro the last cuz i didnt any have high expectation but.. i was amazed with how beautiful the foundation is on my skin, best among all i owned.

My skin is not perfect at all, i have few brown spots from previous breakout, i have tiny scars on my cheeks from breakouts as well during my teen, so guys not perfect at all.
What amazed me is this foundation could make my skin near perfect, it may not cover all the brown spots but you really need to put your eyes close to my skin to spot them, and my scars.. Somehow this foundation blurs it ?? My skin looks almost smooth ... Really im not kidding ! My skin looks damn good !!!

I have been wearing this foundation from 7am til 5pm, i didnt blot... Neither did any touch up, my face still looks damn good, no oxidation at all too. I have shine but good shine not gross or oily kind of shine... Oh man... Good Job Giorgio A !!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products