Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/26/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This has to the best highlighter in the world. It's got a golden undertone to it and when applied lightly can really give you the most amazing glow. There's enough product in here to last a few years!

on 12/24/2014 10:46:00 AM

Oh hello there new favorite makeup thing...

Would have never picked this up if not for some of these reviews. CLEARLY not a bronzer lol, it's a beige powder with slight shimmer housed in an enormous compact (that will last 27 years) for $3.99.

I tried the Hourglass Ambient powder (Dim) and I think it was actually *too* finely milled and high quality for my skin if that makes sense. It didn't work as a setting powder (no oil control) and I couldn't detect any highlighting properties. I literally could not notice its presence on my face. (And for the price? nahhhh son.)

Anyway, Reserve Your Cabana is great. It has some pigment to it; I noticed this when I applied it over my blush one day - it totally cancelled out the color. For reference, I have light olive skin, so I'm not sure how this would work out on darker skin tones or extremely pale ones. I have large pores and it does have a tendency to highlight them, so when I use it as an all-over glow-maker, I fill in the sides of my nose/inner cheek with primer and then apply (before blush haha) and they're not that noticeable. When used that way, typically on a night out for me, the effect is an overall radiance. Otherwise, I use it as a regular highlight on the top of my cheekbones, bridge of nose, etc. It's not shimmery enough for a dramatic look, though. I have other products for that!

Doesn't cake, oxidize, or break me out. YAY.

Yeah this is definitely not a bronzer! Which I in no way thought this was-although they label it as such. This is a highlighter!! I really like this product, it really isn't a shimmery type of highlighter, I think it's more of a satin finish. Compared to my MAC soft and gentle- this could be considered a matte! Lol! But really, this stuff is great at brightening your face and especially good if you aren't into the super shimmery highlighters. I don't put this on any areas where I have prominent pores, so I don't know if this product enlarges their appearance. Personally, I enjoy a highlighter with a bit more sheen than this ( MAC soft and gentle for example) so that's why I gave it four lippies. Price is great and you get a ton! Packaging is typical drugstore, not really a pain but not the most beautiful thing. But all I care about is what's inside the packaging anyways!

on 12/11/2014 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

They call this a bronzer, but...no. Maybe if your skin happened to be in the NW0-3 range. Otherwise, this is a fantastic highlight or finishing powder. Gives a beautiful glow that isn't gold, silver or pearlescent white. The glow is a very subtle beige, though tiny golden sparkles can be seen if you shine a flashlight directly on the product (it really doesn't translate as gold on the skin, though). I'm around NW20 and this is basically the color of my skin, so not quite highlight material for me, but a great skin finisher. It's my 2nd favorite only to Hourglass Dim. For $4, it's absolutely worth a try!

on 12/11/2014 9:08:00 AM

As a high end makeup girl I was shocked to fall so in love with this<3 I literally had just bought "Mary Louminzer" from The Balm to be unimpressed with its frosty yellowness. I use "Reserve your Cabana" as a skin perfecter and not a bronzer. It gives a subtle light beige glow with a soft focus finish. This looks natural in any light and helps to blur imperfections! This is perfect for any occasion any lighting situation; office or a walk in the park. Dont be afraid to dust all over bc you will not look overly made up, just luminous! I swear.. stand back and wait for people to squint curiously at you or ask you if you got extra sleep. I will be stocking up as this has literally killed all my lemmings. In addition let me mention lastly, the cost! 3.99 for 13 grams. Nw20 / LM tender rose for reference.

on 12/2/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm feeling wet n wild girls!
I lusted after the Hourglass ambients for awhile but couldn't seem to drop the money. After hearing whispers and raves about this, I had to try. Why I hadn't already picked it up a longtime ago,who knows, I absolutely love wet n wild for the quality and prices. Wnw performs. Coverall<3.
Soo ...I have reserved my cabana, and will sit and relax under it with my fresh, radiant skin teasing the sun with my glow.
Product: the powder is silky smooth to the touch, does not feel like a 3 dollar powder.
There is no real shimmer or glitter, it's just a radiant subtle glow. (Although there is very very small glitter partials. You have to look hard to see them.)
A beauty that is not gold,pink or white, Neutral beige leaning yellow. Not so yellow it's going to look of on cool skin. Can be used as a highlighter or all over. It has just enough oomph to be great at both tasks.
I use real techniques blush brush to apply all over and I love it, I truly can tell a difference without looking shiny, or too done up/over the top. The face comes alive with dimension and goddess. Also beautiful brought down to the décolletage.
Heck I've even gotten my Mother in law interested in it.
The *only* downside is the powder seems fragile, I've seen many broken in store. One drop and it would for sure be a goner and the packaging would not do much to protect it.
This is an A+ for me. One of my favorite products, if not the favorite. It's very close. I feel no need for hourglass now, because I can't see that giving me an any better finish, or something totally different.
And to think I got it for $3. Who woulda knew.
Hasn't upset my sensitive skin.
Great amount of product.
Great product period.

on 11/18/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I frequently see this compared to Hard Candy Tiki but I don't think they are similar at all. Tiki is much more shimmery & golden. RYC is very subtle. I know some people like to use it all over (like an Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder). And while I can see it working, esp if you have a lighter skintone I personally like a more controlled glow.

I like this but I don't love it. I rarely wear foundation or completely mattify my skin so it doesn't make a huge difference on me. If this becomes a must-have I will update my review.

This product is an amazing value! Wet n' wild is not generally a brand I would purchase, yet I am so glad I read some reviews, watched. Some YouTube videos, and purchased this. The store I bought it at (fred Meyer) also had BOGO 50% off, so I also picked up their ultimate minerals bronzer in amber glow, which is also great. Back to Reserve Your Cabana, it gave me a nice, natural highlight/glow without being shimmery. I felt that it made me look younger, more awake, and even worked on subtly hiding under eye darkness and facial redness. I would reccomend this to others!

on 10/13/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm IN LOVE with this. Super natural looking glow. The micro shimmers are undetectable unless you look extremely close at yourself. Looks so lovely in natural light. It's a very neutral and soft shade. Serious dewy/pearly highlighted look without any chunky glitter. I love it even more than St.Lucia by E.L.F because I can pack on Reserve Your Cabana without it looking too dark on my face (I tend to go ham on highlighters).

on 9/15/2014 10:16:00 PM

I love the glow that this product gives, without putting actual chunks of glitter on my face, however, maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like it shows of my pores quite a bit, even though I use a really good primer. This is a common problem that I have had with highlights like this one, but I have found some like the Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki which is also used a highlight like this product, which I do not notice my pores with.

Popular Bronzers