Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm a huge fan of pixiwoo and recently got a bunch of these brushes since they finally started selling them where I live. This is the only one that has really stayed soft and nice, all of my other ones have gotten rough for some unknown reason. :I I like this a lot, I use it for a lot of things; for powder, contour, and blush. It's nice for a softer and more diffused application of bronzer and blush, if you like it to look really precise you should probably buy a smaller blush brush than this one.

on 12/13/2014 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I first bought this brush for my powder blush although I feel like it is to big to be a blush brush, I now use this as an all over powder brush and for powder highlighter. The powder brush from the real techniques set is too large for many little creases within the face so this is the perfect brush to do so. This brush is so easy to clean like all the other real techniques brushes and after cleaning feels like brand new, I have had this brush for over a year now and it is still like I bought it yesterday, with no loss of bristles or shape.

on 12/2/2014 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I like this blush best for extremely pigmented blushes as to not over do it. With my other blushes it doesn't pick up and deposit enough blush for me (I'm using quality blushes- Tarte & Nars so it's not the blush that is the issue). I have to repeatedly layer my blush to get it somewhat visible. I also feel this brush is too large for the intended purpose. On the up side, it doesn't shed, isn't scratchy and is very affordable.

on 11/30/2014 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just like the reviewer before me, I also purchased this as an all-over powder brush, and I'm very pleased with how it works. It disperses a light and even amount of powder, and with the tapered tip I can concentrate it more on my t-zone. It gives a really lovely finish to the skin and doesn't cause my foundation to cake up. I've personally found it works great as a quick blush brush, though I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone because it is quite large. I've found that it works well with some of my more pigmented blushes to help disperse the product nicely, but if I'm looking for more control I still use smaller brushes for that level of precision. If you have smaller features, I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a blush brush. The quality is fantastic, it's very soft, easy to clean, I like the sturdy handle, and quite frankly I think it's beyond great value for money.

Overall I'm incredibly pleased with my purchase. I was in the market for a powder brush that could be multi-functional and that's what I got.

on 11/27/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this brush not for blush but to use as a powder brush. I needed something tapered and fluffy to use for my translucent finishing powder.

As a powder brush, it works brilliantly and puts on the perfect amount of powder.

I have cleaned it and used it as a blush brush but I found that it is too fluffy for blush and doesn't work will for bronzer either. When I used it for bronzer I found that it applied almost blotchy and I ended up taking off my makeup and redoing it.

The price for brushes aren't bad, similar to the rest of their line but I don't think I would purchase this again as I have too many brushes.

on 11/27/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a fluffy oversized blush brush which I consider better suited for a light all-over dusting of finishing powder than for controlled application of blush.

I like the shape of it, which is rounded with a very slight tapered end and I think the way the bristles are arranged lends itself well to blending products. It's worth consideration, however it might be best to purchase in-store or take a look at it first so you have an idea of what size it is (as it may be too big for applying blush unless you have a very light hand).

on 11/17/2014 11:01:00 PM

I really like this brush. It's very soft, fluffy and affordable. I don't use it for blush since I like to use a more firm brush for precise placement. But I LOVE using this to contour, since you get such a light application due to it being so fluffy. It works great for bronzer, and it's never shed even after I've washed it.

on 11/16/2014 1:59:00 PM

Magic Brush! Very good quality and best price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great brush for very pigmented blushes!! I use it for my theBalm Instain blushes, and some of my Nars blushes (Exhibit A, for example). I tap the brush in the blush a few times, and it works well to sheer out and blend the blush without getting the clown face going on.

It's a big brush, but I don't apply product to the whole area- just the very tip of the brush. Then I use the tapered bristles to blend the color. It diffuses it perfectly.

I wouldn't try to use this on anything but a very pigmented blush, as I can't see it picking up enough product to be anything but frustrating, but if you like bright (or dark) pigmented blushes, like me, this is a great brush!

The only thing I don't like about it is the handle. I don't like that they made it so thick at the bottom. I understand that they wanted it to stand on it's own, but I never do that. Mine lives in a brush holder with the rest of my brushes and just takes up excess space. Because of that, I have moved on to the It for Ulta Live BeautyFully Domed Powder brush. It's got the same great shape, but a handle that plays well with others.

Still, I keep this for a backup, and I will never bring myself to get rid of it. I highly recommend this brush in spite of the handle. For the price, the quality is amazing, and it's quite a unique brush in it's price range.

on 11/15/2014 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this brush at Ulta because I wanted to try a "dome" blush brush. I like it, its much different than any blush brush I have tried before, and it does blend beautifully. Sometimes its a bit difficult to control because of how large it is though. Its a very nice brush but I'm not sure that if I misplaced it I would repurchase.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products