LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I literally don't understand how anyone could give this less than five stars. This may be the best skin care product I've ever used. The smell is heavenly -- like a lime margarita. It's an amazing exfoliator, but at the same time is creamy and smooth. I'm not really sure what the hell I was doing before I used Ocean Salt. I could not recommend it more highly.

I think some of the low ratings have to do with people using the product incorrectly. Here are a few tips:
1. When you get a new tub, mix the blue salt granules on the top into the product with a butter knife.
2. Wet your face before use.
3. You don't need a lot.
4. Be gentle!

Overall, Ocean Salt has done wonderful things for my skin and I will definitely repurchase it :)

on 2/5/2015 7:26:00 AM

I received this in a gift set - I liked the smell, but there should be instructions to stir the salt into the product (might be - I probably missed it). I didn't and I pretty much has all the salt on the first try - OUCH!, and then mush the rest of the time. Scent is great! But ladies - stir it up BEFORE using! I have not tried the newest version of Ocean salt - perhaps they updated that?

on 1/27/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be more like the origins peppermint scrub. It's less oily, and much smaller scrubbies. I would never use it on my face. But the salt's still not coarse enough for me. it's complicated.

on 1/17/2015 2:49:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product, and the sales representative said that it was Lush's bestseller. However, it stung my face so much that it eventually became painful to touch my face. People with sensitive skin should DEFINITELY NOT use this product. It will burn the crap out of your face. Additionally, in a scientific perspective, salt dissolves in water because salt is ionic and water is polar and they have ion-dipole bonds (done with my scientific rant), but basically if you put this product in water it will dissolve the salt crystals and you will get a huge clump of mess.

In addition to this product being an absolute piece of crap, it contains propylparaben, which is a KNOWN CARCINOGEN. In addition to getting horrible and dry skin, you also get an increased risk of cancer!

Seriously, since I want to protect the well-being and health of other people, I would very strongly recommend that you do not purchase product.

on 1/16/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the SELF-PRESERVING Ocean Salt, which is the same price as the Ocean Salt. I was told this scrub was a little more gentle and moisturizing because there's glycerin in it. I tried the sample last night and found it still too abrasive for the face - one of the pieces nicked me and the citrus burned my skin that my whole cheek bone area was all splotchy red. The redness faded this morning but I can feel that my skin is still irritated. Needless to say, I'm not using it on the face anymore but I'll use it for the back of my arms.

The only reason why I gave it three lippies is because I can see it as a really good scrub and I did try the Ocean Salt and my skin liked that better, but I guess my skin is too sensitive. Smells nice too.

on 1/15/2015 11:23:00 AM

I really loved this product! I have nothing bad to say about it, it helped with my dry skin and it made my skin super soft. But when I ordered it online (because my closest Lush store is an hour away) it took FOREVER to come in. It took almost a month, I thought it was never going to come in. I really enjoyed this product but I'm scared to order it online again and be waiting forever for it; when I need it now bc my skin is soooo dry!

on 1/8/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is seriously my favorite Lush product! I have always had rougher skin, especially the little dry bumps on the back of my arms. I've always hated them, and every product and lotion I've tried hasn't been able to fix this problem--until now! After one use I could already tell a difference, and after two uses, I felt so smooth I couldn't believe it. The top layer is not to be used on your face due to the humongous pieces, but the under layers even help my face get so soft (I have a lot of acne though so it stings a bit! So I only use it on my face when it's feeling really dry and flaky). It smells very lemony, which personally I really like. Seriously seriously seriously I recommend this product. There's a reason why it's a best seller.

on 1/4/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ocean Salt is entirely too abrasive for use on the face. However, I find this to be a phenomenal body and foot scrub. You are supposed to mix it when you buy it, and then use it. The top layer is chock full of large chunks of sea salt, and underneath is a paste with finer ground salt. When I use this for pedicures, I use it on dry skin and it makes my feet baby soft. Only a small amount is needed to do the job. The smells is very fresh, and heavy on the lime and salt -just like a margarita :)

on 12/31/2014 6:54:00 PM

I love this as a face exfoliate. I have used tones of products but this one is by far my favorite ♡ it has an amazing smell and refreshes you skin http://m.

on 12/26/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nice smell - good scrub for body..not so much for face. VERY abrasive on the facial area, especially with the larger chunks of scrub. Dried my (normally) oily face out terribly. Thankfully this was only a sample so I didn't purchase anything.

Popular Scrubs