Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

on 7/18/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I was starting to run out of my Paula's Choice Earth Sourced cleanser (which is amazing btw) and I keep trying to find drugstore equivalents of PC products because I hate that you can only buy PC online. I don't know -WHY- I keep doing that, because there are NO DRUGSTORE EQUIVALENT to PC products.

But anyway, I completely ignored the bad reviews on here for this. I thought how bad can it be? Bad, apparently. It's very strongly fragranced and dries my skin out almost instantaneously. I tried this product two nights in a row, and had it on my face a maximum of 45 seconds. It feels burn-y and stingy the instant you apply it. After I washed it off my skin felt tight and dry. And it doesn't even remove foundation! Not long wear foundation either, just regular liquid foundation. I was still scrubbing makeup off my face even after using this.

Ugh. I'm sorry I strayed, Paula. Never again.

on 7/17/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. It's gentle on my skin and is not drying. It has virtually no fragrance which I love. I used to spend $30 on makeup remover but with this, I don't have to. It removes all my makeup with ease.

on 7/11/2014 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually don't mind spending more for a good daily cleanser/makeup remover and got this one at the drugstore because I ran out of mine. It is indeed gentle still good makeup remover and I think the best bet when you don't want to spend a lot in a good facial cleanser.
I feel it leaves my skin slightly dry so I always follow with a light moisturizer.
Great for sensitive skin.

on 7/11/2014 2:01:00 PM

I do like this basic, no frills cleanser. It removes makeup and sunscreen and rinses clean on my combination skin. I would not recommend this for normal to dry skin types though as it could be to harsh or drying. I am not a fan of the fragrance and find it a bit strong. Contains willow bark extract.

on 7/8/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a more natural cleanser so I tried this cleanser out. OH MY GOSH is it horrible. Not even lying. It made my face sting, red and breakout alot more. NEVER buying this again.

on 6/2/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

41 yr old, oily/combo olive skin. After seeing people rave on YouTube about it I bought some. It smells amazing but I haven't noticed any difference in my skin for the past 3 weeks. Does last a long time and removes face make up well, haven't tried on eyes yet. My skin isn't sensitive so can't say how it would be for that but hasn't decreased or increased oil and I live in central Georgia where it's beginning to get humid. Not bad but not holy grail either.

on 5/27/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Everyone has different skin types. To be honest, this cleanser will not work for you if you have dry/dehydrated skin as it will dry your skin out, not when you first use it but using it continuously will. This happened to me. I was using Cetaphil for about 1-2 years now and decided to change my cleanser, as I felt Cetaphil wasn't doing enough. This cleanser worked for me the first time after i used it but after using it day & night, it dried my skin out and caused tiny white heads to grow on my nose and other parts of my face. I thought this would work for me, since it mentioned that it was 'suitable for acne-prone skin' & 'genle' as well as 'natural', just what I needed. However, it didn't work for me at all. I will definitely recommend it to oily/acne-prone skin as it will give your face a healthy glow and will do just right for oily skin. Do not use this if you have very dry/sensitive skin. The scent is pretty unpleasant for me, but it might be pleasant for others. :)

on 5/14/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. I am 32 with combination skin, and this cleanser does a better job of removing all of my makeup than many other cleansers, and doesnt break me out. I dont feel like its too harsh or drying but I also apply moisturizer every evening. Gets the job done and is cheap at $6-7 per bottle. Would re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why some people would find this face wash bothersome. I however have been lucky with it so far. I dare say I really like it. It does have a slight drying effect, but my oily skin doesn't mind too much. It also does have (on me) the tiniest burning sensation, but that subsides after I thoroughly rinse it off. For reference, when it comes to skin sensitivity, mine is normal. Some products can aggravate, but most don't. It lathers well and rinses clean. Sometimes I'll just use this on the blemishes on my cheeks and jawline if I feel like my skin is going to be dry that day. Overall, I've not had a negative experience with this cleanser and will continue to use it for some time.
Also, I use Dove bar soap with this cleanser (Dove to remove make-up, this cleanser to cleanse and treat skin), so maybe that's why it hasn't been super bothersome,

on 3/18/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I didn't like this at first because it does leave the skin feeling dry. I have dry skin so I tried all these other creamier "moisturizing" face washes for a while then couple years later decided to re-visit this stuff. Now I LOVE it! I have dry skin and I've come to realize a "moisturizing" face wash isn't going to help moisturize me , that's what lotions are for! Face wash should cleanse & remove dirt and bacteria. This stuff does the trick! It's so clarifying It makes my skin feel so much cleaner and purified as it claims. So far I think it's best to just use it at night & no need to wash in the morning. It does not dry out my skin. I have used it both morning and night and I didn't find it irritating. My skin is semi-sensitive and dry to very dry w/ very few pimples. I was getting random pimples here and there which is what prompted me to re-visit this, because i had it laying around and my current stuff (CeraVe) obvi wasn't working anymore. Its been about a month using this and I haven't had any pimples! I should note this is an old bottle I had laying around from maybe two years ago and I find it still great despite how old it is. I am not sure if there has been any changes in formula. I will re-purchase and update if I notice any difference in formula.