Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, beeswax, aroma (flavor)*, castor seed oil, lanolin, euterpe oleracea fruit oil**, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, soybean oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool *natural flavor **acai berry

on 3/4/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It lasts for AGES. It's scarily never ending. The only positive thing I can say about it.

It's waxy, smells and tastes weird, doesn't moisturise, and makes my lips flaky and uneven. There is no colour payoff like the pomegranate one.

Dislike, don't understand the hype, think its expensive, and will not repurchase.

on 2/26/2013 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I normally rotate through the Burt's Bees Mango, Acai & Pomegranate. All 3 give my lips ample moisture and protect them from getting chapped or wind burnt. I love the thicker consistency of these balms because they seem to last longer than average, yet aren't sticky in the least. I use one every single night after brushing my teeth (before bed) and rarely find the need for daytime use. They don't make your lips look glossy or shiny so the guys can use them too. I'm just not a fan of peppermint so I don't use the original Burt's Bees. Thankfully these 3 have no minty smell/taste, they are fragranced after the corresponding fruits.

on 2/10/2013 11:31:00 AM

This is my least favorite Burts lip balm. Initially it feels nice, lots of slip. Gives my lips a nice feel and appearance for a bit. But within 30 minutes or so after application, my lips feel dry again. Also, when I used this exclusively, my lips got significantly drier overall.

Another good thing about this balm is that it smells good. I won't repurchase, but will finish my tube.

on 1/28/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very good product to put on when overnight. it keeps lips moisturized well. It smells pretty nice, is very thin and nonsticky.

on 1/4/2013 6:01:00 PM

I used to prefer this balm because it smells nice. but it gets this awful grainy texture that I hate, and it is one of the more oily of their balms, which means it slides right off.

I think the original mint balm and the pomegranate balm moisturize & protect way better, and neither of those get the annoying lumpy texture.

I'm giving this product a 3 because I've tried lip balms that are way worse than this. I just think other burt's bees products are better.

on 12/19/2012 1:55:00 AM

I'm more of a flavored lip balm kind of person, so when I saw it had the acai berry, I thought it might have a berry flavor-- It doesn't. It smells like acai berry, just minus the flavor. It's texture is a little on the grainy side and I prefer more of a waxy feel. It does moisturizer the lips well though.

on 12/11/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I switched to Burt's Bees after someone told me that the original Chapstick brand had some addictive ingredients in it. It is safe to say that now, I am no longer addicted to chapstick and I only use it when necessary. Like other reviewers here, I did not notice any Rejuvenating effects from this chapstick, it seemed like a normal chapstick to me. I usually put it on at night so that it helps heal my lips without it fading so quickly (I end up licking most of it off during the day). It has a great flavor/smell, it's a very sweet bubble-gum-ish smell.

**EDIT: I originally gave this product a 4/5 overall rating but I'm going to change this. Recently I started using the Eos lip balms and I realize that those work SO much better than the Burt's Bees ones. I realize that the Burt's Bees lip balms are really "oily" and slides right off my lips after a while. It just felt like I was slathering oil all over my lips. However, the Eos lip balm does not feel that way. It also gives a better effect, and fully moisturizers and softens my lips after keeping it on at night. I believe that I will, from now on, switch permanently to using Eos.**

on 8/22/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I picked this up because it was cheap and I thought it was tinted. The cap is a deep merlot color. But it's not, it's clear, so I was a little disappointed. But the product itself smells great, sort of like tangy candy and moisturizes without being oily. Haven't noticed any "rejuvenating" effects, whatever that means.

on 8/16/2012 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

THE SMELL <3 and it is super moisturising I dont even have to apply it on both top and bottom, just one side is enough to keep my lips hydrated for a good 2 hours or so. I will definitely get this again :)

on 7/25/2012 10:21:00 AM

Bought this on a whim at Walgreens during a 2 for 1 deal and was pleasantly surprised at how much I like the product! I was never gun-hoe on the original BB lip balm, so I wasn't expecting much. It seems to moisturize well. the smell is very strong but fruity and will keep wafting under your nose, so be warned if you hate the smell of berries.

Popular Lip Treatments