Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream Skin Protector

4.1

Petrolatum 56.8%,Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

on 5/13/2010 11:26:00 AM

EDIT::: ok unfortunatley i have to down grade this after my first review....turns out it is WAY to harsh on my skin, took me a good few days to recover my skin it was like a mild burn- i had to salvage it with my astral cream and rose & co salve!!!

my review is very short- brilliant stuff very multi functional and well i actually love the smell-isee it seems to be an issue to some people but i really love the anti bacterial type smell!

on 4/27/2010 5:44:00 PM

I love love love this!! I bought it in a kit from duty free after a trip and it also contained the lip protector and hand cream.
The product doesnt look great- kinda waxy but once smoothed onto parched skin you see why its a cult product.
I use it all year round, in the winter I use it when the skin round my nose gets sore and on my lips. In the summer I use it if I catch the sun on my face.
It also leaves a sexy sheen on my cheekbone if used very lightly as a highlight.
Just a tiny smudge will sooth any dry or sensitive skin.
It looses a point because it is a tad pricey at first even if it does seem to last forever!!!
Not bothered by the smell at all, it smells like its doing you some good!!!

on 4/9/2010 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First, the bad: 1.) it looks like ear wax and smells bad, and 2.) it's basically over-priced vasaline. However, whatever extra ingredients they put in that traditional vasaline doesn't have seems to make all the difference. vasaline for me always just sits on top of the skin and never moisturizes deep down; this does, and that is why I haven't been without it since I was 14. I can't use it on my face as it would be break-out city, but it's got a million and one other uses. dry hands? fixed. thrashed cuticles? nothing but a bad memory. rough, dry heels, elbows, etc.? smooth as silk. I have tried dozens of pomades and hair creams over the years, and nothing works better than this for fly-a-ways. luckily you need to use so little of it that a jar will last years, so it's not really that expensive all things considered.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Isn't worth it, the smell lingers on forever, and it smells absolutely disgusting.

on 2/25/2010 7:49:00 AM

I received a free sample of this product at sephora. It works very well on cuts and burns. I also use it for chapped lips and it does exactly what it says.

on 2/3/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Ok I know I am in the minority with this product, but I am not a fan. It's greasy, so I just use it on my lips, but it does not help with chapping, flaking or dryness, and wears away quickly. When I first put it on it does give my lips a nice shine though, so I am trying to use up the product that way, but it wears off within the hour and my lips are left as dry as before.

on 1/26/2010 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I bought a jar the Original 8 hour cream for like $20 on ebay, and I've never regret I did it! I got this in a vintage glass jar which is super cute :) This product looks like orange-y gooey balmy thing and smells quite weird, but by far this is the best medicine for chapped, cracked, dry lips. I don't use it anywhere else other than my lips since it's very sticky. I just put it on my lips the night before when it's cracked and hurts like hell, and the next morning after I took a bathe, my lips were so soft when I patted my face (lips included) with towel. No more pain, this balm cured my lips overnight. I don't use it when my lips are fine, since it's very shiny and I don't like to look like I'm wearing lip gloss. But those who likes full and hi-shine lips, this will be ur thing! I live in a tropical country so I don't use this a lot, but when I'm traveling abroad in winter, this is a total must have for elbows, lips, cuticle, hands. I put this everywhere when I needed it. It's quite a lot, so I just put some in a small plastic jar and keep the rest to keep it sanitized. Will def. buy this again (when I ran out of this) :)

on 1/24/2010 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It`s simply the one of the products you must have always in your bag. It`s make my lips smooth summer & winter. I also use this dry cuticles. And if I want my heels soft, I put this at them on night. And next morning they feel amazing soft. Only little minus is smell.

on 12/15/2009 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product due to recommendations from my mum (I'm 18) and friends. I was dubious because of the price but managed to buy it for 12.99 from TG Hughes- bargain compared to 22!
Have been putting it on my dry skin around my eyes and noticed a difference immediately. Without a doubt i would buy this again although i did find the smell off putting at first and was worried it may cause spots. Nothing.
I love this despite the cost - my desert island product!

on 8/8/2009 3:54:00 PM

I must share my personal experience with this wonderful multi-purpose gem!!!

Besides the numerous wonderful benefits it treats such as for chap lips, dry skin, cold sores, light bruises, etc...this is the only cream I use after every session of my fractional laser treatments (my 3rd time BTW).

It keeps my skin fully moisturised, protected and really speeded up the healing process.

Do give it a try. It's really really good!

Popular Body Skincare Products