Lancome genefique

3.0

Aqua/ Water/Eau, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Parfum/Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate.

on 9/21/2012 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is what I tried - got a sample at sephora. Too expensive - but seems to work well.
Still - I won;t be buying the whole bottle. Smells a bit artificial (for all that money you'd think they could leave out the synthetic fragrance.)

on 6/4/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Skin was remarkably better after just a few days. Looked fresher and healthier. Non greasy. Would definetly use again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had been interested in the Genefique concentrate for awhile, and when Shoppers' had a decent GWP and Beauty Bonus on (double score!) I jumped on the band wagon and bought the smallest size, the 30mL. At this point, I truly wish I had just been sprung for the largest size.

I am very impressed with Genefique. I have combination-dry, sensitive skin with some dilated pores around my nose, and clog-prone skin. Breakouts are generally limited to times under stress, and while PMS-ing. This product after a month of use, has made my skin look much more even toned (without changing what I use as an exfoliant - Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, or Juice Beauty's Sensitive Green Apple Peel.) Both of these had made something of a difference in the beginning, but Genefique gave it a bit more of a kick-start.

Again, I do have sensitive skin, and a tendency to get the odd breakout. Like many, while the pimple may last a couple of days, the mark left over from it can last months. In the last 4 to 6 weeks, I have noticed a marked difference in how quickly new and old marks seem to be fading. The product does suggest following up with a serum, and moisturizer, but I find the concentrate followed by a light moisturizer is enough. Unless you had parched, very dry skin, this seems like it would be enough.

The price is a bit of a con, and I'm not sure how long the results will last before they taper off or plateau out. However, as this product has been one of the better skincare products I've tried over the last two years, I will repurchase until it no longer seems effective.

on 5/6/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a self-proclaimed Lancome junkie and I have to say, this product didn't thrill me. I love skincare and the art of preventing intead of reversing so I realize I may not be part of their target population (I'm 19) but I was hoping there would be more to it with all the hype.
I got quite a haul of samples that kept me using the product for a good month of day and night application (3 drops- NOT DROPPERS FULL- 3 drops per application) and while there was some improvement, there was nothing too fantastic. I guess some is better than none though since it all adds up but not for th price of the product worth. My skin was smoother and just looked a bit nicer overall but for something that claims to show improvement in 7 days, I sure wasn't seeing that much improvement.
I wouldn't buy it but I will keep accepting samples. It's not one of their products that I can't live without unfortunately.

on 3/14/2012 10:35:00 AM

This product did absolutely nothing for my skin. I used it religiously at morning and night for 3 months and saw no change whatsoever in my skin. Thank goodness for Sephora's awesome return policy!

on 1/18/2012 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was tempted seeing the reviews on a different website. I tried a sample and though it didnt do much I thought maybe I should use it for a longer time. I bought the 50ml and used it for 3 months. It is one of the most useless products I have ever used. I did not see any different in my face. Some days I felt like I am just using plain water on my face. Such a waste of money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has done wonders for my skin. I'm only 21, but I've been using this for about 4-5 months now and I have noticed a drastic improvement in my skin. Usually my skin can get a little rough, red, and dry at times, but when I put this on under my moisturizer, these problems are reduced greatly. I use this along with a Clairsonic Mia, and these two things combined has given me my best skin ever, hands down.

on 11/24/2011 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was going through some really tough time with my skin recently, having to change my whole entire skincare routine to salvage what left.
Anyways, I brought this as part of my new skincare routine, mainly to help my skin tone and texture to even out after a disastrous winter of blemishes, breakout etc causing scaring.
My skin is not like how it use to be anymore, the breakout have more of an effect on me know then it did when I was young(or even a year ago for that matter), it takes a lot longer to heal, and the purple scaring lingers around on my face longer then anticipated.
Anyways a lot of people mention this product for anti aging purpose but also to even tone and texture, I just had to give it a try. SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY!
I brought this during their GWP, and also because it was having a special pack promotion at $120AUD you get the 50mL Genifique, with the eye cream and night and day cream in generous sizes plus the gift pack, how could I say no?
I'm currently still using mine, and will be finishing it up and that's it. I've been using this for well over 2 month I've seen nothing improve.

on 11/22/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my first time writing a review and I just had to since I can't say enough about this product. First I would like to say that my review is based on my own experience and my skin type. My first ever lancome face product is the Lancome Genfique Youth Activating Concentrate and I think it's the best I've used. Prior to using this, I was endulging in the La Mer. As far as hydration, of course it isn't the greatest, since it isn't really meant as a moisturizer. However, it does give my skin a radiance that I have never had before. Paired up with the Lancome Visionnaire, oh my gosh! what a perfect combination. I do notice a significant reduction in my pore size and a luminance in my skin. I have less break outs and my skin just feels so smooth and looks clearer. I still have dark spots that I'm working on erasing but overall this product works for my skin. I do have eczema and dermagraphism and it's been fine :) Please give this product a try.

on 11/15/2011 4:35:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample of this as a Sephora perk. When I first got it, I really liked it. My skin was glowing and just looked in better condition, overall. After using it nightly for about two weeks, my skin went bonkers and I developed two big cystic pimples- ( I never have had these before). This was the only thing I had added to my skin care that was different- so I'm thinking it was from that. I stopped using it and the acne went away. I may try using it again, after reading here I see that there may be some type of purging going on.

Popular Treatments (Face)