Hard Candy Lash Call Lengthening Mascara

2.5

on 5/18/2010 9:59:00 AM

I purchased this in the brown color a couple of weeks back, only tried it once, hated it, gave it away. I was looking for a decent natural-look mascara to keep around the house on my minimal makeup days when I’m just cleaning, running errands, etc., so I wasn’t looking for something spectacular, just something usable. Well, this wasn’t it! I absolutely hated pretty much everything about it except the color & the super cute (as usual with Hard Candy) packaging. Formula was dry & unworkable, the brush is useless as it barely deposits anything on your lashes, then when it does it clumps! Smudged after 2 hours…This is my second miss with a Hard Candy mascara, so I won’t be trying them anymore. They’re great for all other eye makeup from my experience though. I would have given this a zero rating if possible. Don’t buy this!

on 4/29/2010 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am using this in "After Hours" which is the carbon black shade. I love the thin, long wand, it grabs ahold of every lash and applies the mascara from the very root. It helps separate lashes, as well as lengthen, which in turn gives a more plush fuller appearance. I like this mascara better than Hard Candy's Ginormous lash version. Not to mention the packaging is adorable. Unique brush!

on 4/12/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does lengthen,, but does nothing for volume. I got the Blue flavor in peacock..Very pretty, but maybe on someone with Dark thick lashes already, mine are thin long and blonde!.I might just try layering it with my colossal, and see what happens, if not I will use it to streak my hair blue when the mood strikes me, not a total waste, but would not repurchase.

on 4/12/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in Night Owl (black), at least partially because I'm obsessed with owls but also because I was a sucker for the beautiful packaging. It's really a gorgeous tube of mascara and my only issue with it is that I'd like a slightly shorter wand.

I use this mascara almost daily. My lashes do look longer when I wear it, but now that I've used it regularly for a couple of months I think I'd prefer a fuller, more curled appearance. It might work better if I were to curl them first but I barely have time to put on makeup in the first place, so I don't want to add another step to the process. While I would consider buying Lash Call again to use for occasions when I do have time to curl the lashes first, I want to try other mascaras.

First off id like to say that this mascara is most likely one of the few that ive baught and truely liked. The wand that comes with it is huge and i think he helps with applying the product. The only thing that i do not like about this product is that when I wear it I tend to blink alot aswell as have lash fall out. All in all i recomend this product who has very short thin lashes.

on 1/26/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WHAT...the...Hell! I hate this mascara. Seriously, this mascara ruined my morning today. lol I curled my lashes as I always do, put on this stuff, and my lashes went stick straight. Took forEVER to dry. I made the mistake of blinking ever so lightly and wound up with mascara all underneath my eyes. Had to totally redo my makeup this morning. UGH!

The only thing I can find positive to say about it is the tube is really cute. Love the grungy design of the entire Hard Candy line. Was so stoked that I would finally be able to try some of their stuff now that they're in WalMart. I was just so disappointed in this mascara though. Will never ever ever repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

bleh..did nothing to my lashes. its clumpy. would not buy again.

on 12/29/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm stunned by the bad reviews for this mascara--I love it! I buy a different brand every time I need a new mascara, so I picked this one up at Walmart for about 6 bucks in the black color. My eyelashes, although blonde and seemingly invisible, are in fact pretty long with mascara--and this super-long skinny brush coats every single lash! I don't find the formula to be too watery or runny--If I get a smudge on my lid, I wait until it dries and then it flakes right off with a Q-tip. The packaging is also charming--I'll buy this again!

on 10/30/2009 1:36:00 AM

I bought this in punk, which is the pink. The packaging is really cute, I give it points for that, but that's about it. The wand is too long for starters, I found myself using the very tip to get best results. Even after a few coats the color was too vague. I was hoping for something that really popped and sadly this does not. You have to be really close to see the color at all.

Another downfall is how runny and thin it is. It made my lashes stick together and when I tried to separate them the color wiped right off. You have to be really patient when waiting for this to dry...

The only real plus I found is that it really does add good length to your lashes, maybe I'll try it in black. I'm also wondering if using a white primer first would make the color more visible, so I think I'm going to try that before I completely call it quits on this product.

on 10/18/2009 3:29:00 PM

This is the worst mascara I have ever used! By far. The outside packaging is cute but the wand is skinny and very long. The formula is way too runny, and gets all over the place. When I tried to wipe the mascara off of my lid it didn't come off easily at all and I ruined my makeup. I gave this product a raiting of 1 instead of 0 only because the packaging is cute.

Popular Mascaras