Rimmel Volume Flash The Max - Extreme Black 003

2.9

on 12/24/2011 11:02:00 PM

Got this because it was considered a relatively safe mascara by the EWG, especially since I'm looking for the less irritating eye make up nowadays. This was an incredibly horrible mascara. Not only does the color payoff suck (bought this in extreme black, but it was basically grayish), but also it gave no length, no volume, and it did not hold a curl. Worst of all, this flakes like crazy! I would go throughout the day only the find giant dark mascara flakes all around my under eye by mid-afternoon! To the this trash this goes!

on 12/15/2011 12:08:00 PM

I'm actually on my third bottle of this mascara.

I can see how everyone doesn't like it because it makes your lashes seem spider like, or doesn't give enough volume. But I've come to find out that this mascara gets thicker in time. The first few times I've used the mascara, I was upset. The formula was watery and made my lashes stick together. But I didn't want to give up on this. After about 4 or 5 uses, the mascara formula thickened up a bit and now gives my lashes great volume and length, especially for a drugstore mascara.

It may be annoying to have to use the mascara and wait for the formula to thicken, but I really love what it does to my lashes after. Thus why I'm on my third bottle. I'm just giving it 4 lippies because of the whole waiting thing :)

on 5/30/2011 7:49:00 PM

I HATED this mascara. I applied it at around 7pm and when I got back at 11pm, the volume had completely disapeared. The first day I bought it, I gave it to my sister. I hated it. Don't buy it.

on 5/14/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This isn't a good mascara. I've tried a few, and this is one of the worse ones. It clumps, which I hate. It's not completely awful though: if you apply it carefully, it does make my lashes long and sexy, but still, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/9/2011 9:23:00 PM

Hate the brush. It feels cheap and flimsy. The mascara was clumpy and didn't give volume. I ended up using this to cover the grey regrowth in between colour jobs.

I love this mascara! It gives you really long full dark lashes and it's perfect for nighttime. Kinda gives a spidery effect but overall great mascara and I only paid $8.99

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow I love this mascara. I was really worried that the brush would be too big, but it actually is just perfect. This does a great job at giving volume and length. It is not very often that I can only use one mascara and it do what I need it to do. This one does. I curled my lashes as usual and a few coats of this and suddenly I have beautiful lashes. I love that I can get great results even though I have very fine lashes. The only downside is that this clumps up after a while of being open. I found this does not stay as fresh and I have to open a new tube more frequently. That is the only downside and to me nothing serious enough to keep me from using it.
UPDATE: I have been disappointed with this during the warmer months. This seems to melt some and leave me with a racoon eye. No thank you. Wouldn't recommend this during hotter months or climates.

on 5/5/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Didn't like this too much. It provided some decent volume/length, but it smudged pretty badly on me. I had horrible raccoon eyes by mid-day when using this. The brush is not designed properly in my opinion because when you pull the wand out from the tube it collects too much product and ends up clumping your lashes if you don't wipe away the excess (which means wasting product). Just didn't work for me. :(

on 3/23/2011 7:28:00 PM

Ugh. Hated it. Gave no volume, doesn't hold a curl, smudges & is messy. Threw out after only a few uses because it was just horrible.

on 2/22/2011 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i hate this.
too clumpy
doesnt hold curls at all what so ever.
great for bottom lash tho

Popular Mascaras