Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All)

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/21/2014 10:01:00 PM

I was excited when I got Corrupt and Zero as a double-ended pencil in a gifted kit from JC Penney Sephora. Unfortunately I am a little weirded out by my disappointment-- I have heard so many awesome things about these! I thought that maybe this double ended version is not as good quality as the full-size version... but in that regard, I'd think it should be as good as or better than its full-size counterpart, since Sephora uses these kits to market their full-size products.

Anyway in short, my experience with this Glide On liner is "Glide on, slide off." I used a eye primer with Corrupt, but by the end of the day, it had just melted off my eye.

I love the smooth, creamy texture of Corrupt, but I think it also the downside for me.
Alternatively, the Zero side is kind of hard. I don't have wrinkly eyelids, but I felt like this tugged on my eyelids. To make matters worse, I feel like the glitter just scrapes my eyelids, AND this seems to require constant resharpening. I like the color selection and pigmentation, but I can find cheaper drugstore alternatives that either don't smudge or at least smudge less.

Edit: Feb 8, 2015. Demoted to 1 star from 3
I put this aside for awhile because it was such an all-around disappointment. In an effort to give it a second chance, I started using it again recently, and was swiftly reminded how disappointing it was. Now the tip is constantly breaking off or simply just falling out, leaving a nice little cavern in the pencil's end, to which I must sharpen to. I didn't realize this one morning, so now there is lovely blotch of squished black eyeliner in my carpet. Lovely indeed. Given that I liked everything else in the eyeliner kit, I find it highly unlikely that I would even go out on a limb and try a different color in this line. No sir, not again.

on 2/27/2014 11:58:00 PM

Nope, did not stay 24/7 for me at all! This smudged and transferred all over my eyes. For the price I paid and all the reviews I read and watched I expected 10 times better. I'll stick to my Annabelle smoothliner's at a fraction of the price.

on 2/7/2014 4:19:00 PM

I love these liners. They do say 24/7 and are waterproof, but you MUST give them a few minutes to set. Otherwise, they will smudge because they haven't dried completely.

on 2/4/2014 2:28:00 PM

So my hunt for a bulletproof eyeliner continues. I really expected better from UD, especially for the price you pay for them. I purchased perversion. This is a great Black. Very dark, great depth.But! Smudged all over underneath my eyes in no time. Not what I'd call 24/7. Whenever I tell the UD sales Consultants their jaws just drop! Perhaps I'm a minority.

on 2/3/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Went on a spree this holiday season and bought myself the Black Market kit and a dual ended one with black/dark brown. The colors are all nice, pigmented, dark, so no complaint there. I was just surprised how, well, HARD these seem to be. I've been using an automatic cream liner from Clinique that has zero tug and just smoothly glides right on, so switching to these was a bit of a surprise. There is definite pull and tug as I apply these, and part of that is my "beginning to get crepe paperish eyelids due to sun damage and being 35" but I was shocked how much there was since these are supposed to be holy grail for so many people. I am guessing these are for the younger set, with mostly smooth lids, and the color selection is unique. Major disappointment though for me. These won't last me too long, since I have to constantly sharpen to keep a sharp point. Won't repurchase, and wish I had kept my receipt to return.

on 11/24/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

These are okay. This review is probably going to be very similar to my one on the 24/7 liquid eye liner. I purchased the color perversion, which is very black and has very good pigmentation. I couldn't tightline my eyes with this though because it made them sting so badly. It didn't blend very well either. Maybe i would repurchase this if it was in a bright color, since the pigmentation was so good, but as far as black pencil liners go, I like my drugstore ones better.

on 11/23/2013 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have the Ocho Loco 2 set, which came with 8 pencils: blackest black, aqua/teal, forest green, royal blue, eggplant purple, and three varying shades of brown. I am extremely happy with my purchase! They are so pigmented and on me do not smudge at all. The aqua/teal, blue, purple and green are surprisingly wearable and flattering! They have inspired me to try makeup looks that I was intimidated by before. They are so pigmented that I betcha I will have mine for years before needing to repurchase...but if I ever had to, I'd buy again in a heartbeat. I just love these!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These are the best eyeliners. They have tons of colors and are very pigmented. I recommend getting them as a set to save $$$. I also recommend using a eye primer to make it last all night, and set with a setting spray. I use the the Urban Decay primer potion on my water line and then apply, then use urban decay de slick all over my face. You can use any primer and setting spray though. Doing this will make your eyeliner last all day and night. Don't be afraid to build upon the color. I use two or three coats of this eyeliner to really make my waterline pop. These are the only eyeliners I'll ever buy.

on 10/26/2013 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Holy grail eyeliner pencil. I have Smoke and will soon be buying Perversion. I use it every day. It's creamy and so easy to apply. I'll never use anything else.

on 10/23/2013 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought 4 of these and returned them all. The colours are juvenile. Too bad because when I tested the formula for both application and resistance it did remarkably well for both.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products