Urban Decay Grind House (sharpener)

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/15/2012 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

It's about time I got myself a decent sharpener. It comes with a compartment that collects the sharpening’s that can be removed & emptied at your convenience. It is a lovely looking sharpener with a nice patterned UD design. It sharpens beautifully yet at times has a build up of wax from my eyeliner. My old sharpener used to chip the tip off my pencil & never really sharpened my pencil to a decent point. The UD one sharpens like a dream & I'm yet to find out if the build up still occurs with a better quality pencil. I definitely recommend this sharpener & will repurchase.

on 9/29/2012 7:17:00 AM

I didn't believe it was as good as people say but it is, oh boys, IT IS!
I have a couple of eyeliners that either a) break when you try to sharpen them or b) don't ever, ever get a pointy tip. So I caved and got this.

It does look every every other sharpener out there with a nice package. But it does work!

Now all my pencils have sharp points, smooth surfaces, even Milani Liquif'Eye which always look dull.

on 9/21/2012 12:56:00 AM

I had given up using all pencil eyeliners until I found this product. Before owning this I would get one or two good uses out of a pencil-style eyeliner before it'd go dull, and sharpening them using a normal pencil sharpener (the non-electric kind) would do next to nothing.
I read good reviews for this product and decided to give it a try, and I am SO GLAD that I did. Every time I sharpen my eyeliner pencils they look like they're straight out of the package, it brings the tip to a sharp point like you'd see on a lead pencil. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone that wants more precision from their eyeliner. It's small, stylish, and easy to use.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is actually a decent sharpener! I got it as part of the 15th anniversary eyeliner kit and I have to admit I'm impressed with how well it can sharpen pencils. Many other sharpeners either can't get a fine point or cause the liner to break, resulting in more sharpening and wastage. This sharpener gets it right. Chilling the pencils in the freezer for a while improves the sharpening even more--by doing that I am able to get fairly fine points.

on 8/10/2012 11:49:00 AM

I got this in a kit with two of the 24/7 liners (which I'm obsessed with...) but for the longest time it was just shoved in the bottom of my makeup bag. I was afraid to use it because I'd destroyed pencils before by using a bad sharpener, and the UD pencils are NOT cheap. I finally used it, however, and I definitely recommend it! I was able to get a good tip on the pencil without shaving off too much of the product or breaking the tip. I think it retails for $10 which is a little pricey, but you really won't need to replace it until it breaks or if it wears down after years of use.

I bought this in a special pack with two full sized UD 24/7 liners. If you have a lot of soft eye pencils, this is definitely a good investment. I've used it for UD liners, the NYX Slide-On Pencils, my Hard Candy Wet lip pencils, the UD 24/7 shadow pencils as well as the NYX Jumbo Pencils. I used alcohol to clean it throughly; pigment from the pencils can get stuck in the corners. I like that it comes completely apart- you can pull the bottom off as well. If you collect eyeliners, there's no reason not to spend a little more for a quality sharpener.

on 7/31/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The only sharpener that will sharpen ALL my make-up pencils. The cheap ones cause the wood on them to split, not this one. When you spend $20 on a makeup pencil, you have a tendency to want to make sure it doesn't split and ruin...

on 7/26/2012 3:37:00 PM

After (like others) ruining my last pencil in another sharpener I stayed away and for a while only bought retractable pencils....but then I found this amazing creamy pencil that I loved but it was expensive and I didn't want to ruin it. So I researched and found reviews for this UD sharpener I dished out the $10 crossing my fingers and YES!!! it works like a charm, it's fantastic!! (p.s. putting your super creamy pencils in the freezer for just a few minutes before sharpening will also ensure the shavings wont smuge anything when you are removing them....very helpful when you want to sharpen more than one pencil)

on 7/22/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Got this yesterday and proceeded to sharpen every pencil in my collection. Well almost. XD Theres not anything I can really say that hasn't been said, but this its really good. And ten bucks for a sharpener is up there, but its still just ten bucks.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

AMAZING! Before using this, I owned a 99cent sharpener from the dollar store and it didn't work for my jumbo eye pencils by NYX or my UD 24/7, so I splurged on this! And it's well worth it, the packaging is beautiful--bright purple with skull accent and it's easy to find in my makeup bag. This does a great job sharpening all sorts of pencils, large and small, with minimal effort. I'm no longer breaking pencils and wasting precious product, thank you urban decay!

Top Rated Tools