St. Ives Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Acrylates/Palmeth 25 Acrylate Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Polyacrylamide, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopherol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria)

on 4/16/2011 11:30:00 AM

This was better than their apricot scrub, fine grains were great and really helped to exfoliate. I felt like the ingredients were not powerful enough and the smell gave me a headache. I am very sensitive to fresh scents and citrus scents.

on 3/29/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a good quality scrub. It's gentle and very effective, with a light, pleasant scent. Very inexpensive as well. Leaves my skin soft, smooth, and radiant. I highly recommend, will definitely purchase again.

on 3/28/2011 11:38:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

I used it today and it actually gave me a cut on my face and left it feeling raw. All I did was simply rub it onto my skin. In addition, my skin is pretty normal and not sensitive.

on 2/27/2011 12:12:00 AM

A great gentle exfoliating scrub, a nice light scent, it leaves my skin looking fantastic! I have never had a problem with it scratching my skin, my mom also uses this and loves it.

on 1/31/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

excellent job sloughing off dead/dry skin, doesn't irritate, don't notice a scent at all, ok to use every day, cheap for (esp for how little you need). Don't forget to put on sunscreen.

For those that think the microdermabrasion label is misleading, you just need patience. It's better to use this over a longer period of time than be in a hurry and damage your skin unnecessarily. I originally started purchasing this to help with acne scarring following a round of accutane. After 2 years, the only scars I have are from recent zits, and they will soon fade like the others if I continue with my St. Ives and sunscreen routine.

And for those that say it's not abrasive enough, I agree with a previous poster that this is very concerning. Be kind to your skin. Most other scrubs are TOO abrasive. I don't need to scrape at my skin with harsh scrubs - which is essentially what you are doing when using other products that are not this gentle.

on 12/23/2010 12:24:00 PM

After finishing my bottle of Philosophy's Microdelivery Micro Massage Exfoliating Wash, I decided to find a drug store dupe. And I have to agree with some of the previous reviews that St.Ives has managed create an almost exact dupe (minus the high price). It's low price, it works, it doesn't cause any break outs, and it doesn't smell bad. I will definiately re-purchase this.

on 12/23/2010 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

i've got the daily micro-dermabrasion timeless skin, and i love it! It leaves your skin soft and glowing!it' soft,doesn't irritate my skin! I pair it with the olive cleanser,and it works perfect! I complète it with my collagen ellastine face lotion. And once in a while,i do extra virgin olive oil/castor oil massage/cleansing thing;and i'm happy with my skin!i use st yves since 96...and i'm 43 and look 20...so highly recommand st ives products! That micro-dermabrasion works really good!

on 11/28/2010 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this scrub! The granules in this are really fine and for someone like me with oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, this doesn't irritate me or make my acne worse. It gets rid of excess skin and smoothes out my skin gently.

I find that it's gentle enough for me to use everyday since the granules are so fine and they feel like they are round in shape in comparison to St. Ives Apricot Scrub with irregular shaped bits.

It has a light and pleasant non-offensive scent and is really affordable, I picked it up from Walmart and I have one in the shower and one at my sink. I really like it! Try it out!

on 11/24/2010 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So i was using another micro scrub from them.... but i guess it got discontinued :( so i FREAKED out and when to every store you could think of to find it. so i THOUGHT i found it on amazon... well i was wrong. this ened up getting sent to me. and i love it. it makes my skin feel so soft and clean. i use it every morning. it doesn't seem to be making me break out which is a HUGE plus ! and i have totally noticed it has slightly made my acne scars fade. just a tad but then again you cant expect much. anywho pretty much i love this stuff and am very happy with it :)

on 11/8/2010 10:59:00 PM

I love this scrub! Most scrubs irritate my skin to no end, and I end up with a grotesque-looking bright red face and blotches of irritated skin. This one is super gentle and exfoliates perfectly. The beads/scrub particle thingies are very very small, and it's extremely gentle on skin - even sensitive skin. It keeps the dead skin cells off and leaves my face smooth and soft and even-toned! Doesn't dry my skin out too much, either. And although I generally prefer unscented products, this smells awesome and not a strong smell at all. Would definitely repurchase.

Popular Scrubs