NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 8/12/2012 8:28:00 PM

AWESOME cream eyeshadow in stick form. The stick is good to throw in your purse or to take when you travel, but I ended up depotting it, since the plastic lid breaks easily and smooshes the top of the product.

The color is dark brown. I normally place a bit in my crease and blend out with a MAC 224 and top with a similar toned powder, although the staying power is great and it doesn't need the powder. Looks great on the lid for a brown smokey look, too. The price was very cheap about $3-4. I highly recommend these.

on 7/20/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a good base to use for your neutral eyeshadows. Ever since the maybelline color tattoos came out I don't really use nyx pencils as me go-to base anymore. Regardless it's still a good product, even as a stand-alone color.

I got mine in a pack of 3 on ebay for super cheap (milk, yogurt & iced mocha).

on 6/23/2012 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful color! I would call it a darker, cooler version of Urban Decay's "Sidecar." The are smooth and do not crease (at least on me! I've seen other people complaining about this), but you have to really work to get them to stay on for long periods of time. What I've found works best is to start with a primer, use these pencils first, then set with a similarly-colored eyeshadow. When I follow this routine, it seems to work nicely for staying power!

These pencils are very convenient when you don't want to dirty a brush, or just want a quick, no-fuss makeup application in the morning. I recommend them, especially the more muted, natural colors. They're shimmery, but if you're a fan of Urban Decay Naked shadows, or just like shimmery neutrals in general, these will be something fun and different to add to your collection.

on 4/20/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely adore the color of this pencil, it is so pretty for neutral looks! It's similar to MAC's Satin Taupe, but less purple. It blends easily and applies well. But I only gave it three lippies because it has pitiful staying power, even with a primer. I tried several methods to make it last, including two different primers and layering eyeshadow over top, but within a few hours (like 2) it was creased awfully. I would recommend this product for someone with dry skin who doesn't have an issue with oily lids. I really wish this product had more staying power because I absolutely love the color and would use it almost every day.

on 4/20/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm Asian, NC 30 w/yellow undertones.
Iced Mocha is a combo of cool taupe/silver/bronze/plum. Very similiar to Mac Satin Taupe. First the PROS: beautiful color, creamy, easy to apply (for me, it lasts longer with UDPP), pigmented and cheap. Now the CONS: takes a while to dry but I do feel some slight creaminess/stickiness on my lids all day, average length of wear (even w primer), difficult to line eyes afterwards because of the creaminess from product, CREASES! I've NEVER had a problem with cream/pencil e/s creasing). This was the biggest dissapointment and it transfers my eyeliner to the crease-so not cute!
FYI-Laura Mercier Caviar eye sticks are AMAZING but they don't have a color similiar to Iced Mocha and they cost $24 compared to NYX $3.50.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This my 2nd favorite of the bases .I like this cooler toned brown and I love this as a base under plenty of looks not just the neutral ones under pink shadows is so pretty.You can't wear this on this own it needs a shadow over top but it doesn't need a primer underneath which is great..\the lid is very cheap and allows you to push it all the way inside damaging the pencil itself so be careful when closing it.

on 11/16/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not bad, very nice and sticky - creates a great base for my eyeshadows. Used it with the NYX HD primer and never had any creasing issues. I like the colour and creaminess of this product

on 11/6/2011 3:47:00 AM

Beautiful color, and would make a terrific base. BUT, has no staying power whatsoever on my oily lids. Yes, I use primer (UD and Too Faced Shadow Insurance). It never fails to crease within the first several hours. Sigh.

on 10/7/2011 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I first tried NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils after having great luck using their concealer stick (which is easily the best one I've ever found!). I chose Iced Mocha because it was a soft, metallic shade neither a brown, gray, or gold but a muted combination of all three. It glides on so smoothly and the big pencil is easy to hold. I achieved the perfect amount of color with minimal effort and didn't even need to smudge it. The effect is subtle and very pretty, making my brown eyes really pop without being obvious about it. It also works easily to tint the inner rims of the eye, something that is sometimes difficult with a smaller pencil. I can use just the liner, or start building on it with shadows for a more dramatic effect. But just the speed with which this achieves a perfectly defined eye makes it my go to product when I'm really in a hurry. I have since bought about 15 more pencils in a variety of shades, but this one is still my favorite. It seems to blend well with anything, making it extremely versatile.

Not everything about this is perfect, however, which is why I didn't give it a full rating. The color doesn't stay where I put it, but travels in a variety of directions. I frequently need to check in a mirror and clean up the migrating liner, which isn't ideal. I use a primer and powder first before applying, so it should stay in place. But within a few hours I have to clean up and then reapply in order to keep the initial effect I like so much. Maybe the formula has more oil in it than most liners, which facilitates the smooth application. So if I'm just running on a few errands, this is a great option. But if I'm going out at night and don't want to keep visiting the ladies' room to check my makeup, I use something else. These aren't expensive, and I do like the easy to use pencil shape. The colors available are so gorgeous I couldn't buy just one, and I keep them in a small jar like crayons because in a way, they are. And who doesn't like to color?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this bronzey taupe shade! (:
I actually line my waterline with this when I have completely natural makeup going on!,
or just put it on my outer corner and it looks amazing!
Great for all over the lid as well, and I love how it's super cheap but so creamy and pigmented~