Maybelline Expert wear eyeshadow- Nutmeg

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/6/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

About two years ago, I became obsessed with creating brown smokey eye looks. At the same time, I was also becoming kind of a makeup snob, so instead of going to the drugstore for my shadows, I went to MAC. I purchased Brule (which I put all over my eye, from lid to brow bone) and a matte chocolate brown shade called Handwritten. I began applying Handwritten to the my outer corner with a fluffy blending brush, and it gave an amazing effect. Unfortunately, I lost the eye shadow pan, and because I was not willing to pay $11 for it again, I went to the drugstore. I soon found Nutmeg from Maybelline and found that not only is it cheaper, but it is surprising dupe-able. I don't notice any difference in the consistency, and though it may be slightly more red based than Handwritten, it does the job. Ladies, DON'T spend anymore money on matte browns from MAC. Maybelline is absolutely amazing.

DO not buy another high end matte browns. This will be enough, I regret buying MAC matte browns because there is literally no difference when applied to your face. Save your money, and get this little gem because it is super pigmented, smooth and blend-able. I highly recommend this!

on 9/20/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

like the other reviewers say, this is a perfect matte brown, great for blending. i will be using this for ages, especially as the packaging seems sturdy enough to last as long as the shadow does.

on 7/16/2011 10:44:00 PM

This is a really great, pigmented eyeshadow for applying the outer V area and I also use eyeshadow to line my bottom lids. If you're looking for a dark brown shadow to create a smokey eye I would skip purchasing dark brown shades from high end makeup brands and purchase this instead.

on 6/30/2011 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shadow is quite pigmented. It's a matte deep brown and I like using this to line my eyes and also as a crease/outer v colour. This eyeshadow is very smooth, silky and blends easily. Does have a little bit of fallout if your not too careful but that's alright. Would even work as a brow filler for brunettes.

It goes on really smooth, and the color is unique. It's hard to find a deep brown, but if you need one this is it! It's very subtle, and you could use for a variety of things to play up your eyes.

I wish it was a little darker, and I wish it stayed on longer. But for a drugstore eye liner....awesome.

on 1/5/2011 8:31:00 AM

I had forgotten I have this. I just found it in my stash and this is AMAZING. It is silky soft and very pigmented. It is way up their with the highend products. They have nothing on this one. I will check if Maybelle has this same product with other colors.

This is comparable to high end eyeshadows at only $3-4 - so it is a great buy. If I ever go out I will repurchase and currently looking for same kind different colors...(even though I have NAKED now)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I love this color. It's a matte plummish brown. I actually thought it was brown but in the sunlight, a friend commented on how it wasn't a true brown but an eggplanty color. Idk, it looks brown to me.
Anyhoo, it was my first real eyeshadow and I still wear it as a wash on my eyelids when I want a simple, neutral but smokey look. NW45. Love it.

on 12/30/2010 10:11:00 PM

I have been on a search for the perfect "brown" forever ~ in either matte or shimmer. Finally found my favorite in Nutmeg. This is a beautiful brown that works well with my coloring. It's my crease favorite, and I use it to tone down shimmery browns too. I don't use it on my brows ~ I have a L'oreal brown (forgot the name) that works well for that.

I like the Maybelline Expert Wear Singles and own quite a few, but they are getting harder and harder to find. Their matte shades are wonderful and price is always right. I will purchase this product again...Maybelline Expert Wear Singles are a great value and a great product!

on 8/2/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this for years everyday to color in my brows and for my go-to dark brown eyeshadow for a crease color. It's matte and the perfect neutral, basic shade of dark brown. For the low price, the pigmentation is superb! Even though this stuff lasts forever, I have repurchased many many times over the years.