Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

4.5

NeoStrata 10AHA Ultra Smoothing CreamIngredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

on 4/5/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

No just no instead it made my skin oilier, upon applying this cream my face instantly feels fresh but after 4 hours i totally look like a glazed doughnut.

on 4/3/2012 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

In Canada, this is also known as Neostrata's Oil Free Smoothing Lotion, Level 3, not to be confused with the Daytime Smoothing Lotion, which is, in my opinion, not as good.
I use this cream nightly and it is an amazing product. It is quite intense, so if you have very sensitive skin, be very careful with how often you apply. My skin is fairly used to AHA's so it responds well. This stuff is fantastic for smoothing your skin and evening skintone. This works so well that my husband's male friend even made a comment as to how smooth my skin was looking and that I looked younger.
I don't use this during the day too, I tried and it was just too much for my skin. Be sure to use the advice and apply sunscreen during the day as the glycolic acid will thin your skin. I don't find that this makes my skin oily in the least, if anything, it could be a bit more moisturizing but will probably be perfect when the summertime finally rolls around. Oh, and I don't find this has any offensive scent whatsoever. What an amazing product, so glad I tried it.
Update: I got away from using this for awhile, not sure why, just trying other products. I started using this again 2 days ago and I already see such a difference in my skin. It's so smooth and the tone is already evening out. I will never stray again.

on 8/5/2011 10:42:00 PM

I used this product for 2 months and it's lovely. I love that it's oil-free and it really makes your skin lovely and soft & helps to fade blemish marks (didn't notice any freckles/ pigmentation change though). I stopped using this for the time being as my dermatologist has me having some chemical peels and I don't want to over-do it, but I will use this product again once the peels are finished. Great for night time, perhaps a little greasy for the daytime, but may suit your skin just fine.

on 3/31/2011 7:09:00 AM

Would I buy this product again? over and over!
I use this of a night, have been for about 6 weeks and its the best. My skin just keeps getting better and better.
I havent broken out...my pores are looking more refined...

I began using this cream slowly, every 2nd night, and then after a week I started using it every night and Ive never become irritated or flaky because of it. I believe if you keep the rest of your routine simple, your skin wont become irritated, it will thank you! not over night, but you will realise after a month or two!

ETA: My skin needed a break from this after going through 2 tubes. its faded my acne scars which was the whole point of using it. Im still young so dont want to overload my skin. If I start breaking out horribly again, I would turn towards this product immediately!

on 1/16/2011 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For the first time in my life I developed acne prone skin at the age of 29! I spent a fortune on different cleansers and moisturisers, started with drugstore brands and then moved onto brands like dermological and karin herzog, they did help keep it under control but didn't actually help to clear it, then I stumbled across MUA alley and then across this NeoStrata product, and it has saved my life!!!!
After using it for a week just before i went to bed my skin felt the smoothest it has ever felt, after 2 weeks I started using it morning and night and after about 3-4 weeks my skin is almost clear, i do still get the occasional breakout but they clear within days.
I can't really say enough about this product, I never thought my skin would look so good again, all I can say is that if you suffer from acne you MUST try this product.

on 5/22/2010 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

have been using this product for about 2 weeks but i have small bumps on my face i do not know if this is the purging phase? has anyone else experienced this? I dont know if this has been common with the other users

on 4/18/2010 10:48:00 PM

I normally don't write reviews but I have to let you know that this has been my HG for the past TEN years!!! I am 38 years old and often get mistaken for someone in my 20's all the time. My face is as smooth as a baby's bum. I wear very minimal foundation. The one time I strayed from this product (had a baby and didn't have time to take care of myself) my face broke out and looked terrible. Never again will I stray. Fantastic product!!!

on 3/12/2010 2:39:00 PM

This product is my HG for break outs. It keeps my skin smooth, clear and helps immensely with dark spots. I stopped using it (silly me) when I was lured away by fancier products with flowery smells and regretted it. I went back to using this in conjunction with the Anti-bacterial wash & the eye cream. My skin looks so much better, again.

on 11/28/2009 11:05:00 PM

This HG for me... I've used it for almost a year now and I've only good results. No breakouts anymore. Pores are more refined and fine lines are not so obvious anymore. I usually use it only at night but if I'm staying indoors the whole day I'll use it day time too. Iit does gives the face an oily sheen but it's nothing a blotting sheet can't fix.

on 8/23/2009 1:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use the Smoothing Cream Level 3 along with the Peeling Solution to help combat my acne. It is doing wonders to help clear up my face, however my forehead does not seem to be affected by these products. I love the consistency of this cream - it is not too heavy for summer, will probably be fine for winter (I like my face creams/lotions to be good year round, as my skin is fickle and hates having to adjust, and readjust as the seasons go by). A little of this product goes a long way because it is just so smooth and spreads so easily. My face feels properly moisturized and is so smooth. My face doesn't seem to be getting oily by 10 AM, so I believe that this cream has contributed to help keep oiliness at bay. Overall a very good product, and I will continue to use it nightly (I used it day and night for 10 days straight). I will be repurchasing this once I am done this jar.

Popular Moisturizers