LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 9/26/2014 5:27:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a new night moisturizer as my HG has now been discontinued. I love LUSH cleansers so thought I would give their moisturizers a go as well. I had tried Skin Drink as a sample but I just wasn't impressed enough to buy a full size. Went for Celestial instead as I was thinking I could maybe use it for a day cream as well when my day cream (also discontinued from same company) runs out. I really do like it as a night cream, it smells amazing, vanilla and cheesecakey, and I only need a small amount for my whole face. It takes about 10 minutes to sink in and it makes my skin nice and soft. It's a bit oily/creamy for day use but if I blot it before applying my makeup to take off any excess oil it's fine. But it is a good cream! Bit expensive for such a small pot, but as said up there, I only need a small amount. This along with the Ultrabland cleanser has made my skin look the best it ever has!

on 8/5/2014 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff was so awful and definitely NOT good for my sensitive skin. I used this for quite a few months before realizing that this product was not good for my skin. It never felt like it properly moisturized my skin, and I remember my skin would turn red upon application. Would never re-purchase.

on 6/24/2014 5:23:00 PM

Only thing that let's this down is the packaging. Wasting cream that constantly gets stuck around the lid. But the cream is luckily the best face cream I have used. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't break me out. Helps with combination skin and it makes it really smooth. Yes it's very rich and some people would prefer it just as a night cream..but using a small amount in the morning is great for me. Might not be the best if you want a matte look but I prefer a dewy glow.

on 6/22/2014 7:38:00 PM

Celestial is a super thick but gentle moisturizer for anyone seeking something safe to turn to for nurturing their dry skin. I bought it because I thought it would be "light" for summer but that isn't at all what it is like, it is some heavy duty stuff and most likely not for oily skin. It is gentle and softens up your skin with this nice, supple glow but only use a little. If you want something mild and soft with a thick feel, it will be your best friend.

Let me start off by saying it smells heavenly. I can't really describe it all that well because it's so airy and nice and subtle. It has this dreamy, creamy cool vanilla scent that is sweet and light without being too sugary. I can kind of smell the cocoa butter, but it isn't harsh at all, kind of like an underlying note in the fragrance.

Lush made a video for this product where the lady talking about it called it a "cooling cloud for your skin," which I think is a pretty accurate description. No warm notes in the scent which by the way is not perfumed at all.

Just a tip for those of you ladies who think this might be too heavy, think about buying a toner before you give up on this one! I had so much of an easier time getting this moisturizer to soak into my skin when I bought the Tea Tree Water Toner. My skin eats Celestial right up if I remember to tone my skin before applying the moisturizer.

I know just about everyone and their mothers hate the pot packaging like it is the devil himself but I actually quite like it. I can see just how much product is left and get the perfect amount every time. If you make sure you wash your hands or are fresh out of the shower when you apply it, you don't really need to fret about it being unsanitary. Just remember to keep your hands clean and screw the cap on tight when you're finished.

on 6/20/2014 6:38:00 PM

This is a difficult one to review, because I used it for over a year, but recently discovered it has been drying out my skin badly. The moisturizer really isn't anything to rave about, but I kept using it because my skin didn't burn or sting when I applied it like many moisturizers do. People with sensitive skin may want to give it a try if they can't find anything non-irritating. But beware that it may cause flaky, dry skin in the future.

I've only ever had sample pots of this but it's always worked really well with my skin and I've been meaning to purchase a full sized pot just because it's rare that a moisturiser works so well with my sensitive skin.

It does have a strong vanilla scent which is tolerable and the consistency reminds me of icing but it sinks into the skin really well and doesn't leave a slippery or tacky residue. It works especially well as a base for makeup and with Lush's 'Gorgeous' moisturiser as a night cream.

I'm not crazy about the pot packaging as I don't like sticking my fingers in a pot over and over again but I'll be purchasing a full size pot of this as soon as my current day cream runs out.

on 6/7/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My first dalliance with this moisturiser was a disaster. Too thick and rich, didn't sink in and had a sickly sweet smell that I couldn't stomach. But I think it might have been a bad batch, or they've changed the recipe because a second tub of this stuff has proved to be fabulous.

My skin is super soft and smooth using this, and despite being fairly sensitive it's in perfect, non-irritated, not-reddening condition. this has definitely become a staple in my skincare routine.

12.50 for a 45g tub isn't bad, the only problem is the shelf life can be shorter than it takes me to finish a tub.

on 5/8/2014 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am jumping the gun and writing a review after a few night's use because I am really liking this moisturizer. I am pregnant with super hormonal dry and sensitive skin which is normally break-out prone. I have been trying just about anything for the red, dry patches on my face and nothing seemed to be working, not Aquaphor, rosebud salve, Urea cream. I picked up some Celestial and it applies like a dream, and my dry patches and redness have minimized so much in just a few nights! I love the smell, the feel and you really only need a little bit. I am hesitant to give 5 ful lippies because it's pretty early in the relationship. I dislike the packaging as well, but I understand the minimal concept Lush is going for.

on 5/4/2014 12:50:00 PM

I bought this moisturizer because I lost my old one, and I hadn't loved it enough to repurchase it. I've loved all the other LUSH products that I've purchased so I decided to pick this up. I have an oily t-zone but dry cheeks. I don't apply a ton of it, typically about a dime-sized amount for my entire face (and I'm used to applying a lot to my dry areas). I first used this at night, and slept about 12 hours. When I woke up, my skin was still covered in an oily film. This does not soak in at all. If you aren't planning on wearing makeup, you will look completely oily the entire day even if you don't have oily skin. In addition, the packaging constantly makes the product squeeze out of the edges when you close the container. The product separates if it gets to warm and you have to mix it back together. The only advantage to this is that it does completely eliminate dryness. I would only buy this if you have severely dry skin, and even then I would only use it as a concentrated night cream.

on 4/27/2014 2:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of the first moisturizers I tried from Lush, and I was pleasantly surprised! I decided to try this out since my skin can get a bit dry during the cold Michigan winters. Enter Celestial. It's packed full of humectants and moisturizing ingredients to keep your skin well hydrated and soft, and it shows! I've been using it for nearly a month now and I noticed a HUGE difference! My skin tone and texture have improved a lot, and I've been spot concealing most days since I don't really see the need for foundation! Even though the weather's getting warmer (slowly but surely...I do live in Michigan after all!) this still benefits me in warmer months. And it smells like vanilla! Not that chemically overly sugared scent that sends you into a sugar coma after just one whiff. I'm talking real genuine vanilla that smells so comforting and soothing. I kind of want to take a bath in this stuff. Is that weird? It shouldn't be weird. This stuff is awesome! Totally repurchasing!

Popular Moisturizers