Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

4.4

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Tiglyceride, Butylene Glycol,Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Ceteary Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avacado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice 685230/5 Code F.LL.: D8409/1 Made In U.S.A. 1/26/12

on 1/19/2013 5:32:00 AM

The results I achieved in the midst of winter with quite dry and chapped hands are unfortunately only temporary. The cream does moisturize and forms a protective layer without feeling greasy, thatīs true. But so do many others. What I didnīt like is the quite medicinal smell, even though it disappears after few minutes. I would prefer it much more if the cream was unscented. I find the price too high for the results I get with other, cheaper brands - and more pleasant or no scent. So I wonīt buy again.

on 12/28/2012 10:06:00 PM

This hand cream is pretty great. I wash my hands 15+ times a day (working in a day care) so my hands get very dry. It does a pretty great job of keeping my hands moisturized for several hours, but it does not last all day. I need quite a few applications for my dry hands. It has a slight medicinal smell, but that does not bother me.

on 11/8/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Exactly what my hands want in winter

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on the fence with this Kiehl's product.

It is not a bad hand cream: utilitarian, unisex packaging, availability in two sizes (got a bigger 150 ml one for Ģ19 in Kiehl's new boutique in Edinburgh), inoffensive, very weak smell but as to the performance, I still have to be persuaded by its superpowers.

It is not sticky, which is great, it does not leave marks on my nice Macbook Pro keyboard ;) but it does not seem to leave any protective residue either and it does not hydrate my cuticles well enough though at the same time it does not seem to dull the colour of my dark red nail polish as many other hand creams do.

To sum things up, I will use this ginormous package thoughout autumn and winter but I will not repurchase when it finishes.

on 9/6/2012 1:26:00 PM

To start off, I'll just say that I don't have particularly dry hands but I do live in an area with severe winters.

This is a no-fuss type of hand cream that does what it says it will. It is moisturizing, absorbs quickly and is non greasy. It has a light eucalyptus scent which goes away after a while. The price is a bit high but around the same cost of other high quality hand creams. The packaging is simple and functional.

Its not that I don't like this hand cream, I just prefer something that feels/smells a little more luxurious. I've been using Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams for years which feel a lot silkier and smell a lot nicer so that's just my preference. I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a no-fuss, non-girly type of cream.

on 8/20/2012 11:52:00 AM

Ohhhhhhh this is good stuff. The Tampa airport happened to have a mini Kiehls store and I felt like parting with some of my money. They let me try it before buying. It's a very thick cream, but also absorbs very well (a dab will do ya.. you only need a pea sized amount).

I've tried a slew of hand lotions (Neutrogena, Eucerin, Suave, Aveeno, Curel...) and this is one of the best. Ironically I'd say the second best is a Suave hand lotion that they no longer make (~$3). Sigh. Yes this one is pricier than the other ones, but not by that much. I spend $14. Neutrogena/other brands can be around $8.

on 8/8/2012 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

HG hand cream. I love this stuff. I get contact dermatitis quite often so need something really heavy duty.

It's not greasy, nor does it have a distracting or bad scent.

Yes, it is really expensive, but I am willing to pay the price as it's so good. If you suffer from extremely dry hands, give this one a go, you won't regret it.

on 4/12/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've used this hand cream on and off for the past year along with Jack Black's Hand Healer cream, but never realized just how effective Kiehl's hand cream is until my recent business trip to NYC. Whenever I travel to non-humid places, my skin has the tendency to get very dry from the hotel soap. To make things worse, I tend to wash my hands a lot and use hand sanitizer, so my hands were extremely chapped and dry, to the point that they felt sandpaper-like. In desperation, I looked up where the nearest Kiehl's store was in NYC, and went to buy the hand salve. That evening, I used the hand salve several times, making sure to massage the salve well into my hands. Miraculously, the next day my hands weren't chapped or dry anymore! I used the hand salve throughout the rest of my trip and thankfully it worked extremely well. I will remain faithful to this hand salve now that I've seen just how effective it iis.

on 4/2/2012 1:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Really good for super dry hands! Strongly recommend!

on 3/5/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This hand cream is excellent for winter. It's very thick but not greasy. It's just perfect