Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

3.3

on 7/21/2011 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Good on some, but not for me on me the fruity and wet notes combine to make a slightly toilet cleaner (like Ocean fresh or mint and eucalyptus toilet duck) type fragrance with my chemistry, also makes my partner sneeze like crazy. I bought this after a girl at work always smelled amazing and I found out she wore the lotion. Just not for me.

on 6/30/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This smells incredibly good! It's light and refreshing which is quite nice considering the notes are mostly floral and sometimes perfumes that contain only floral notes can be a little over-whelming in my opinion. It's soft, pretty, youthful and slightly sweet which makes for a good Summer scent. The bottle is also very pretty with the rainbow gradient and teardrop shape. :)

on 5/14/2011 10:22:00 PM

Calice Becker created this as she did J'Adore .She does soaring florals very well . I love this scent ! You either love it or hate it - there is no in between. Beyond Paradise will always get some reaction and everyone has an opinion about it.

Wet dewy garden and exotic flowers polarised into a sensual rainbow bottle .

It is familiar florals and yet it isn't. It's hard to describe and hard to explain. It is polarising sweet florals but it does indeed soar. It's balanced and yet it's too much .These are the reasons that make Beyond Paradise a great scent and a modern classic.

on 4/24/2011 2:30:00 AM

I adore this perfume, it's my perfect summer scent. Floral and sexy without being overpowering, something about the smell reminds me of the beach and sunshine. When I say beach, it's more of an organic smell, not a manufactured coconut type smell. The bottle is so beautiful as well. I've had my bottle since 2006 and its lasting power is amazing. It's a little bit expensive though. But I would say it's worth it, because the scent is so summery and beautiful and I always get compliments on it.

Beautiful packaging! I love rainbow gradients and the bottle is so pretty
the scent is floral and musky like definitely less on the sweet side and more on the flowery alcohol side
I prefer marshmallow-y scents so this wasn't a hit for me but I really like the bottle even though I tried to unscrew the top to see if I could reuse the bottle when its empty but it seems its not reusable

on 2/1/2011 9:41:00 PM

My husband gave me this perfume before we were married, and I'll admit it, I mostly wanted it for the bottle. However, it is a pretty, rich floral scent and I do like wearing it, but I rarely wear perfume. Still, every girl needs a perfume, and this one means a lot to me since it was one of the first gifts my husband gave me. It still smells just as good after a few years, too!

on 1/29/2011 6:50:00 PM

Tricky. I smelt this, liked it, bought it. I wore it and hated it - it blew my sinuses to kingdom come and they spent days recovering. It's very much crisp hyacinth and honeysuckle on me. After many months I gave it another go against my better judgement and I really, really liked it. I don't know what to think tbh! Maybe I should just use it every few months or so...

on 12/27/2010 7:56:00 PM

I agree with Luca Turin (Perfumes The Guide) on this one! Beyond Paradise has been one of my favorites for over 6 years now and I've actually used up an entire bottle. That's saying a lot as I have hundreds of fragrances in my collection. First of all, I think the bottle is just stunning! I hope they never redesign it. About the fragrance-it's a very unique tropical fruity floral that is a bit powdery. I have never smelled anything even close to this fragrance. It's in no way a typical coconutty beachy fragrance. It's more floral and sophisticated. It's a fragrance that can even be worn in the colder weather and has great lasting power. I used to love spraying it on my turtleneck sweaters before I went to work and it would last through my 12 hour shift! When I would work the drive through pharmacy, customers would compliment the fragrance and inquire about it. I believe the perfumer on this one is Calice Becker and she slapped this one out of the park! I'd definitely repurchase!

on 12/2/2010 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feelings on this one. It has a unique scent (to me at least) and reading the notes, it appears to have some unique notes. It is a fruity floral. I find it a bit overpowering, but it is one of EL's better fruity florals. The fragrance opens with Eden mist which gives a long lasting tropical wet effect, rare flowers (orange blossom and blue hyacinth) and fruits (Jaboticaba berry). The floral heart is a burst of exotic flowers: laelia orchid, pink honeysuckle, Japanese mahonia. The base is no less exotic, consists of Natal plum blossom, golden melaleuca, zebrano wood, ambrette seed.

on 11/19/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My favorite perfume of all time! I love it! Smells amazing! It's a flower/rose scent so its not to strong, just right. Great for people who love flowery scents. And the bottle is cute also, love it. :)

Popular Fragrances