L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

on 1/30/2013 11:52:00 PM

atrocious horrific orange color, No more tries for L'Oreal all of their self tanners are orange and smell terrible, thumbs down

on 1/10/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This has been my go to self tanner for years. It takes some practice to apply and even when I'm careful, can leave you with slightly orange palms, but I love the slight shimmer it leaves on your skin and the instant color. It has the typical self-tanner smell, but its not too overpowering. I can always smell it hours after it dries, but my husband never notices. All in all, I will continue buying it, especially in the winter months. I use it on my face too without any issues. Its cheap and gets the job done. It is probably too dark on women with fair skin as I always buy the Medium tones option.

on 11/27/2012 3:12:00 AM

I wrote a similar review for the Sublime bronze Gel, as both products are similar... I used this product a long time ago (back in 2006-2007), but did want to write a review about my experience with this product. When I used this the product smelled TERRIBLE. Awful. My sister and I used it in college and thankfully we were the only people living in our apartment or any other roommates would have moved out for sure. It made our ENTIRE apartment smell for DAYS after using it. Our friends could smell it as soon as they walked in our house. The stuff just literally seeps in your pores and just leaves your skin dry and feeling unhealthy. I wasn't happy with this item at all. It is better than the Gel, by far.

on 9/25/2012 1:35:00 PM

I don't get the glitter. Who would want this much glitter? I am still rating it 3 because the color, like other people mentioned, is good. I just don't think anyone could go out in public before showering because it looks like a fairy sneezed on you.

I too am dissapointed that this was reformulated to be more of a gel-like texture and with MORE glitter. HOWEVER, once you get past the glitter, the gel, the smell.. the end result after the tan has developed, is far superior than most other self-tanning lotions. I really can fool poeple with this. Especially if you blend this with a bit of lotion like Eucerin's Everyday Protection, it's pretty seamless. No streaks, gathering of color in wierd areas, yellow spots ect. And honestly the smell is not that bad. It's a kinda perfumy but not the worst perfume. I haven't used this in years because I was busy spending my last dollar on high-end tanners that are stupidly priced and disappointing. So reunited I have become with this product I used back in high school.
Still could be better. I don't know why L'oreal doesn't read our reviews and omit the excessive glitter and make the smell better. Don't they know we speak for women across the world?! :)

on 7/26/2012 2:27:00 PM

This used to be one of my favorite products, but I recently bought this and it has clearly been reformulated. I was first struck by the smell, which is unpleasant, but after applying this several times over the last couple of weeks, I've decided to throw it away and find a new self tanner. It's streaky, sticky and there is so much glitter- I'd rather be pale than try this stuff again!

What's with all the glitter?? I'm much too mature to sparkle like a kid in jr. high, and am not happy about that! The extra shimmer effect really should be emphasized on the label. I'd have never bought this stuff had I know it was glittery.

The smell was not offensive at all.

Legs streaked horribly, even though I thought I applied it meticulously. Arms, chest, face covered smoothly. Walked into work today and a teen blurted out, "WHOA!!! Boy, are you TAN!!" Few minutes later a little girl walked up to me and seriously asked me, "Have you been in the desert?" I was so embarrassed! I tried this product to help me look nice for my husband's company party this weekend. I only used medium shade ONCE this morning, and ended up looking drastically darker and in some lighting orangey on my face and legs. Had to powder my face several times at work trying to cover the shimmer.

on 7/5/2012 4:23:00 PM

I use the Sublime Bronze Lotion in Medium. I tan easily and mainly use this on my neck and to cover tan lines on my chest for wearing tank tops, sundresses, etc. It does not streak, dries fast, also does not turn orange on me (but as I said, I am already tan to begin with). I took off one star because of the massive amount of glitter. I will keep this on hand because it is a lot cheaper than getting a spray tan! It does what it is suppose to do. As others have stated, be careful to apply it evenly, avoid fingers and toes, and wash your hands after application.

on 6/26/2012 8:51:00 PM

Bad! I bought it because I thought it would be like the Sublime GLOW, which people love. 1.) I'm pale and pinkish, and the color is okay on me in most light. Not too orange, but also not that noticeable either. 2.) it streaks. Yuck. I had to do major all body post application lotion afterwards to try to even things out 3.) The glitter is way over the top. Like people will say "why are you wearing so much glitter" if you go out during the day with it on 4.) I think another reviewer said it smelled like cheap mens aftershave. Exactly.

Skip it.

on 6/19/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first self tanner I've ever used. It works well at bronzing, but it has a slight orange color (the orange is more or less noticeable depending on lighting). The worst thing about this self tanner is that it smells like cheap men's aftershave. The next time I shop for a self tanner, I'm definitely going to smell the product before buying it.