The Body Shop Pressed Face Powder

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/4/2008 1:58:00 PM

This powder does absolutely not work for me. It's finely milled and looks really natural when applied with a big powder brush. But it doesn't reduce shine or oiliness at all and after a while, especially when it's hot outside it just turns orange on me. Very unflattering.

on 8/30/2007 6:07:00 PM

I purchased this product despite the horrible reviews here because I saw how it looked on my cousin= it gave her a subtle and pretty softness that I thought was naturally her skin. Granted, she had nice skin to begin with, but the powder made her skin look softer. We're both fair Asians, and I found the powder #04 to be a perfect match. I would only reccomend this for people who have good skin and want a softer glow to it. Otherwise, don't buy it because it's not going to cover up many imperfections. It's worth the price... it's considerably cheaper than the Chanel DP powder foundation I own... and personally, the DP wasn't much better for me. The fluid DP is another story (my HG foundation), but for a light powder, this is excellect- not perfect, but excellent.

The packaging is shiny and appealing... but the powder failed to impress. It covers well, but looks unnatural even if the colour's spot on. It dries your skin out awfully too. Admittedly, I do have sensitive skin - but still, I can't recommend this.

on 12/4/2006 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally feel that it's the worst powder I ever used. Gave me clogged pores and it makes my face shines after a couple of hours. Worst of all, it oxidizies really badly.

on 4/18/2006 9:24:00 AM

I recently threw away most of my Body Shop stuff as it just doesn't keep. I had a compact of pressed powder but it looked so dry and cakey on my face I gave up. ITs quite difficult to match the colour well too. They do seem to have gone up a lot in price lately but the quality hasn't risen with it. I am also doubtful as to their animal testing policy which was read out on TV recently due to their takeover by L'oreal and it wasn't clear at all. I hope the quality improves now. I also hate the way you can't browse in peace in the stores anymore!

on 4/15/2006 3:45:00 PM

This stuff is a good subsitute for liquid foundation when my skin is on the clear side. I would not recomend this for very broken out or uneven skin, just for someone would neds to cover up slight discolorations. Overall this stuff is ok, it made me pale with so i had to use a bronzer over it. But it did feel good on my skin.

on 2/13/2006 12:31:00 AM

I am tentatively answering yes for "Would you buy this product again?" I like that this powder gives a bit more coverage than conventional translucent powders. This way, I can use this instead of foundation when I have a good skin day, and when I have a bad skin day, I can use this on top of my foundation for an extra kick of coverage. Unfortunately, it doesn't control shine for very long -- my nose will be matte only when I first apply this product, but will start to shine again after an hour. And I consider shine-control to be a pretty important part of a face powder, so I'm docking two lippies.

Also, the packaging for this powder sucks. Cheap, ugly, plastic. Thank god I can't use this as a shine-control powder, otherwise I would actually have to carry this ugly thing around during the day. Also, I threw away the puff that came with the powder and am using my own tools to apply this.

on 12/9/2005 3:32:00 AM

Have no idea what it did. It did absolutely nothing for my skin.

on 11/4/2005 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's very reasonably priced, doesn't break me out, doesn't look makeuppy, and matches my skin tone almost exactly (I'm GGG Asian [various], got this in 06) - it isn't just the colour that I am. on days when I'm a bit patchy or sallow, it makes me the colour I should be. I like it. As far as powder goes, it's all right. I'll buy it again. Why not.

on 8/29/2005 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product at the airport, when I stepped off the plane into some overwhelming humidity.
The color isn't a great match, but it was an emergency purchase. I'll toss it before I ever use it up.
It is inexpensive and has a nice velvety finish that didnt cake. If you can find one that matches, its a nice cheap pressed powder.