MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Could not recommend this product enough!!!
I always saw Youtubers raving about this product for years and I waited for so long to buy this product mainly because I didn't know the price because I come from Ireland and MAC doesn't have an Irish website and I'm rarely near a store to check the price,

butttt I was in Paris last month and I went in to MAC and asked and I was pleasantly surprised to hear it was only 15 euro. You could buy a travel size one for 10 euro or full size for 15 so it made more sense to buy the 15?

I spray this on my foundation brush before applying my foundation if I want a more natural look when using a full coverage foundation and it also helps it with spreading the foundation more easily and evenly.

Im yet to try it on my face when I'm finished my makeup I hear it gives a really nice dewy look but I'm more into the matte finishes but I am going to try it soon.

For the price and what I've seen the product do I really couldn't recommend it enough it's so worth the money, Im not sure if I got it for cheap or expensive or if thats the regular price but i was really happy since most products in MAC cost an arm and a leg really.

on 3/20/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Absolutely useless for me, feels like I'm spraying my face with aromatic water. Smell is also very unpleasant.

I bought a travel size of this as I wanted to try it before I purchase the full-sized product.

One thing to remember is that it does not make your make-up stay longer as it is not a setting spray. It did refresh my face but in a way a water would. However I find this great for spraying on my eye make-up brush before applying eyeshadow and it really makes it stand out and makes it more pigmented.

on 3/13/2015 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite "beauty" product ever. I do not go a day without applying it in so way. I don't mind paying $22. or $10 for the travel size. I always carry a travel size in my purse. I use this before I apply anything on my freshly washed faced and them apply my serum. I also love using this to apply pigments or loose eyeshadows. This IMO is not a setting spray and will not prolong your makeup but I do spray this when I'm completely done with my makeup so that my powders set. I also use it through out the day. Even when I'm not wearing makeup I love this to refresh my face. I also spray my brush then go in and apply my liquid foundation. I could go on and on about all the ways to use this product. If your on the fence pick up the travel bottle for $10. and you will definitely get your money's worth.

on 3/12/2015 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I usually love affordable drugstore products that has amazing quality and won't make you think you're washing off thousands of dollar when you take off your makeup. The only problem with drugstore products is that sometimes they can give you a powdery look. I am a huge fan of dewy look. So anyway, I purchased this product. It cost me about $20. I figured that even if my makeup is drugstore an expensive setting spray will give me a nice, natural dewy look.
I do love this product a lot. I had a lot of problems with it in the beginning because I did not know how to use it. I used to apply it in my sponge or brush and then apply it all over my face. Obviously that did not work.
Then I sprayed it directly in face from a few inch distance. I let it set for a minute or two and that's how I found out how it works.

Pros:
1) Gives you a natural dewy look.
2) Makeup doesn't look powdery or fake.
3) Beautiful neat packaging.
4) Made from natural ingredients, nothing artificial.
5) Feels refreshing.
6) Does not break out your skin. I have extremely sensitive skin and this did not break me out.

Cons:
1) Expensive
2) The smell is quite irritating.
3) Can sting if they get in your eyes.

It's a nice product overall. I would purchase it again. Even if the price is unreasonable. It's a nice product to have so that you can feel confident about your makeup.

I use prep and prime face primer from Mac, so I thought I would try fix +. At first I sprayed it after I had finished applying my make up, although it doesn't seem to help keep the make up on longer it does give a nice dewy finish. It stops the skin looking too powdery! Recently I have sprayed it on my face straight after my primer and I have found that this helps my make up from becoming patchy throughout the day. I really like the packaging as it enables a nice mist of the product to be sprayed evenly over the face. Whilst I don't think this product prolongs the wearing of make up it does have many benefits. I would recommend this product!

The only thing I love abt this is the packaging. I find it does nothing to help my makeup. & it makes me even oilier when I alrdy hv an oily T-zone. such a bad move to buy this! bought the Urban decay deslick which is so much better! I didn't even hv to blot my face throughout the day with that.

on 2/8/2015 10:21:00 PM

My face is not that oily but it is a combination one, only my t zone gets really oily during the day, but this thing really makes my whole face look greasy and wet but way too wet, not in a good way... It's very useful for making the brushes wet and apply a lot more eyeshadow, or just for a refreshing effect to my face, but nothing else for me.

on 2/4/2015 11:06:00 AM

Lately I've been having problems with even my most moisturizing foundations leaving my skin dry and flaky (dry skin and winter are not a good combo). I usually use fix+ to finish my skincare routine, but today I tried using it to set my makeup instead of UD all nighter and I think I found my solution. My foundation's only been on four hours, and by now on most days I look like a dry cakey mess. So far today I've experienced minimal flaking and my skin has a really nice glow. My only bone to pick with it is that the pump disperses it in small drops instead of a fine mist, but it doesn't seem to be messing up my makeup at all, so it's not going to make me stop using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I decided to try this out because my skin was looking blotchy and dry in the winter. This product has several uses.
1. It can be mixed with dry products to make them creamy( pigments, powders, etc)
2. It can be mixed with foundation to make it less thick and easier to glide on the face.
3. It can be sprayed after makeup to give a dewy look instead of a powdery one.
4. It can be sprayed in the middle of the day to refresh and hydrate skin while the makeup is still on.
It does not make my skin more moisturized necessarily but it does make it look more hydrated and glowy, so it makes your skin look nicer. I normally hate the dewy look but this makes the skin look dewy in a flattering way. It is not a setting spray so don't buy it if longevity is what you are after, because the purpose of this is to make your makeup look nicer and be easier to work with when used as mixing medium.

Popular Face Skincare Products