Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 3/24/2015 10:25:00 AM

For a liquid foundation, this tends to do fairly well at it's claims AND working well with dry, dull skin (as some liquid foundations do not do well with).

Starting off fairly oily and slightly slippery, blending is key to this product. The brush that it's geared to being sold with (the flat top with the well in the middle) does a decent job but really, any decent and well made brush made to buff out and blend a liquid foundation will do the job.

I don't buy the claims that this has anything remotely related to being a serum inside of it; the amount of lilac extract is minimal and has no peer reviewed evidence to actually helping skin. I do appreciate that it has a high amount of titanium dioxide in it to offer broad spectrum SPF protection all while not looking or finishing ashy even on dark tones.

I tend to use this on clients that want a more "glowy/natural/ finish all while having a medium amount of coverage. I think it's difficult to get a high amount of coverage without looking totally cakey and thick. For oily skin, setting this is a must as the amount of coconut extract and glycol tends to rise and slide around after a few hours.

I will give praise to BE for the huge shade range that really do work well with most skin tones as it ranges from very fair to very dark with red or yellow undertones.

Playing with this in a store is a must as it really depends on your skin tone and type to see if it'll work for you.

on 3/22/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nope. Noooope. This had promise and I thought it would be different because it's a "gel" foundation. It's very sheer. Sheerer than I thought. I don't like the packaging. It's kind of hard to get out of the bottle, because you can't really squeeze the bottle at all. It made my forehead into a shiny, oily, mess. My forehead was SLICK at the end of the day. I was hoping that because it was a gel, that that wouldn't happen. Thank goodness for Sephora's return policy!

on 3/15/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is whatever. You have to wear primer underneath this foundation or else it will be flaky and streaky. Because I have oily skin after about 5 hours (of running around and sweating a little) the foundation looks disgusting especially around my nose and t-zone. However! when i blot with oil absorbing sheets my face doesn't look so bad! The foundation also feels heavy and really makes my pores look huge :/ I don't think this foundation is worth 35$

on 3/13/2015 3:48:00 PM

This is a great product, I love it! Great coverage, spf, super blendable. A little goes a long way with this. I dislike the packaging though, sometimes it comes bubbling out and it won't stop making a mess. Other than that, this is great for my oily skin. No breakouts either!!

on 3/10/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

No animal testing! This really does brighten up my face! Medium/Heavy coverage, buildable, and wears beautifully for 9 hours on my oily/combo/acne prone skin. Feels light. I'm NC25-30 now and I tried Nude (9) and Buff (10). Both a near perfect match for my hard-to-match olive but reddish skin. Nude was a bit too light at first perhaps, but darkened throughout the day. Buff is fine. I am extremely perfectionistic about my foundation being a perfect match. Both are very yellow based, and don't allow your natural glow to shine through. Highly pigmented - a little goes a very long way.

Oil free, paraben free. It seems oily out of the bottle, and definitely needs to be shaken well before dispensing. It smells like paint, and actually looks like paint while I'm putting it on. But the shade is absolutely perfect. It's the strangest foundation I've ever used, due to the texture, smell, and finish.
It has kind of a powdery feel and look on my skin, and doesn't leave it with even a hint of dewiness...but it's still good. I need to wear extra moisturizer to make it look more natural. It takes all the dimension out of my face so I use Lancome Le Duo Contour & Highlighter Stick with it, and I feel like my face looks 10 years younger - it's kind of shocking.

on 3/3/2015 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was debating between this and tarte's foundation as I wanted more coverage than my usual tinted moisturiser. Tarte wins in coverage honestly but I can't bring myself to get it due to the silicone content.

So I got this instead. Not bad. Not great. Better coverage than tinted of course but not by much. I wanted something more oilier as it is very dry in the Canadian winter but otherwise, this could be an oil slick.

Medium coverage at best but so much more cleaner than the other American made stuff. I do miss some of the very clean Asian makeup but that's not an option right now.

on 3/2/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Dropper nozzle makes it hard to control how much product comes out. Weird dirty smell once applied. Will clump easily if you touch your face too much or don't apply perfectly the first time: makes it hard for touch ups. Product looks like it's separated from the oil or water once out of the bottle. Will return.

on 2/28/2015 7:02:00 PM

This product is something I really wish I could love.
It's not full coverage (a must have for me, I have acne and dark spots) and I had already known that before I bought it. However, I decided to buy it and try to build it up to a full coverage, which sadly wasn't the case. It's a medium coverage at the most with a few layers of product.

I think the texture of the foundation is amazing. It's so silky and the finish is so fresh and dewy, it's absolutely wonderful. Although for people who have acne, a dewy finish can sometimes make the acne look worse, and more noticeable.
So, with that said. This product is very nice. It leaves an amazing finish, and is mostly sheer with slightly build-able to medium coverage.

If you have clear skin, I would highly recommend this because it looks so beautiful and natural, but for my skin type it just wasn't right for me.

on 2/22/2015 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a love/hate relationship with this. First off, the packaging is terrible! It is so liquidy and leaks like crazy inside the cap. Even just keeping it on my countertop, I find that I'm cleaning up messes regularly around the nozzle. And absolutely don't even think about throwing it in your purse or something.

The coverage is too light for me. It evens out my skin a bit for sure, but it doesn't do a whole lot to cover my redness, and doesn't do much at all for my age spots. The texture is a little streaky, so it can be tricky, but I'm getting better at application. Th staying power is not very good. By the end of the day when I remove my makeup, there's almost none of this left.

However! I have recently been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis, and this is the only product I have found that will allow me to wear SOME foundaton without turning me into a scaley mess or causing pain and irritation. For that I am so happy. The finish is pretty nice too, it's not drying, but it doesn't look greasy.

Now I've just got to find some way to put it in a smaller container or something so I can bring it with me, because it definitely requires touch ups, and the packaging being such a bummer, you'd lose half the product to spillage if you keep it in your purse.

on 2/21/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was so highly raved about by the YT community but this wasn't what I had expected.

Packaging comes in a dropper form, which I don't really appreciate because it is very hard to control how much you need. I wish it came in a pump which would make everyone's lives so much more easier.

I only bought this because of its claims and the fact that it is a serum foundation. It was expensive, costed around 55 dollars in my country. I did not buy the brush because it was too heck expensive!!

I applied this with a beauty blender and I find that it looks more flawless as compared to applying it with a brush. It offers light-medium coverage. If your skin has a lot of bad acne scars and redness (like mine), you will find that you need to keep applying another layer to get more coverage. One thing to note: please DON'T apply too many layers as it will look extremely cakey once it sets!!!

I wouldn't say this foundation is bad, but I can only say this is definitely not for oily skin types (i have oily skin esp at t zone area). Within 4 hrs you can expect yourself looking shiny and this is the kind of foundation you know you need a pressed powder with you in order to touch up.

I haven't used this long enough to see whether their claims of having better skin overtime, but I didn't have any bad major breakouts either. I would see this to be something that can be used on dry skin types instead. They would definitely benefit a lot more better than oily skin types.

Video Reviews & Tutorials