Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

on 4/17/2015 12:33:00 AM

I finally gave in and bought this mascara. Mascara and foundation are my two favorite make up items. My lashes are short-average, thin, and curled. When I first tried this mascara, It did not work. I got fibers in my eyes, on my face. My lashes didn't look any different. I kept trying because it's pretty expensive and found a way to make it work. If I put on a base mascara (maybeline colossal) I do not give it time to dry. For some reason when it dries it is hard to get the transplanting gel on and results in fibers everywhere. I have skipped the maybeline too and it has worked. Also, I take my time to avoid clumps! The mascara makes my lashes look fuller and longer. Almost like falsies but not quite. I really do like this mascara, I just recommend experimenting with it and finding what works best. Watch some youtube tutorials and try them before giving up on it.

on 4/15/2015 3:00:00 AM

I've never written a review before (That I can remember) but I wanted to post here because Ive been seeing ads for this mascara everywhere so came on to makeupalley to check out the reviews. I never write reviews but I am on makeupalley reading reviews a lot. With so many bloggers being sponsored these days, I feel like it's a lot easier to get honest opinions here. As I was reading the reviews for this mascara, I started noticing that some of them sounded like they were written by people trying to sell the product, like defensive and angry about the bad reviews or really generic positive reviews, so I was wondering if maybe these people did just come here to make positive reviews because they are affiliated with the brand and I clicked on quite a few of the usernames of people who wrote 5 star reviews and pretty much every one (that I checked, didn't go through all of the reviews) just had one review (for this product) on makeupalley, so probably did just sign up to promote the product. I think that's super annoying because I look at makeupalley as a reliable, honest place to get reviews without props trying to sell and promote things, and with the rude tone of a lot of the reviews by people defending the product it totally just turned me off from the company and I have no interest in trying it now. It sounds like a lot of people had pretty bad reactions from using this mascara too so I wanted to post a review to let people know to be careful when reading these reviews since not all of the positive ones are genuine honest reviews.

on 4/10/2015 12:41:00 PM

I'm kinda torn on this product. I bought it because I heard good reviews and had to try it. Although it's on the pricey side, it is packaged nicely. I'm not in love with this product but I did notice when I didn't put it on how it makes a difference. My eye lashes are very light and short so this product does "boost" them up. It's not a must have but it does help my lashes show more.

on 4/9/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful! I actually left work early to rush home and give this a go! It really is amazing, easy to use and looks AMAZING! P.S. customer service is top notch! Hillary W. was so helpful and fast! I'm impressed!

on 4/1/2015 2:00:00 PM

the effect that this gives my eyelashes is fantastic, I have really long (but blonde) eyelashes, so this made them gorgeous!

However, the one thing I wasn't able to get past was the fibers getting into my eyes and falling onto my cheeks. I've tried many different suggestions that i've found online in order to avoid this, but it keeps happening. By a few hours of wearing this my eyes so red and irritated, and everytime i look at myself in the mirror i'm having to dust it off my cheeks.

I really wish there were a way around this problem, as the end result really is beautiful if you take your time and comb out any clumps. It's hard to get past the red painful, irritated eyes and the fibers constantly on my cheeks though :-(

on 3/29/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I too was skeptical when I first decided to try this new product. And when I bit the bullet and spent the $29 (not $40) I will admit to being somewhat disappointed. Although the effect was outstanding, I got fibers in my eye and it was uncomfortable. I then realized I was applying it too close to the root, and changed my application process. Since then I have had very little problems. When I do, it's usually because I am rushing and not being mindful in how I am applying my make-up, which is essential, especially when not wanting to look like a two-bit whore.

From my foundation to my mascara I am taking notice.

I actually love the mascara, but their eyeliners really have me hooked as well as the new lip stain.

I have always been a drug store cowgirl and stuck to Cover Girl but as I get older I need higher quality brand for sure.

I will also agree with most of these posts, though, explore!
It's fun to try them all out, (except of course when your skin breaks out), but when you find the one that works for YOU, that's the best!

on 3/26/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

WOW! Try this. Highly recommended.
You do not need an under-mascara- the instructions said it was optional.
I find the thicker formula of the mascara I apply as a base, the more clumpy it turns out.
I wear contact lenses daily, and it has not irritated my eyes; I haven't gotten any fibers in my eyes, ever.
No fiber fallout after a 12 hour day, including crying- OR SMUDGING- true to its word, it is water resistant. It removes easily with an oil based makeup remover. I applied regular mascara to one eye, and this on the other- let me tell you, dramatic difference. It doesn't turn out clumpy if you use 1 coat. It gets clumpy once you start layering it. Unlike other fibers these are easy, black, and the transplanting gel, if applied after, seals the fibers in very well. Doesn't rip my eyelashes out. BEAUTIFUL packaging.

on 3/25/2015 12:15:00 AM

I love this product!! I am very picky about my eye make up. I have thyroid disease which make me have very little lashes. I tried it the first time, it really was amazing!! Took practice to apply correctly. I also had fibers in my eyes at first then after the second application and getting fibers in my eyes, I though about it. What was I doing wrong? So I tried putting the fiber not so close to the root of my lashes....duh!! Worked like a charm!! No more problems except that I'm addicted to the brand!!

For one....there is not a product made that everyone is going to love completely. For two...all products have some possibilities of risks or allergic reactions, If you don't think so...you are delusional! If you read.....it says it on the site as well as directions. Thirdly, if you know how to use it right, it is a great product! I love it! I will never use anything else. You do not have to use your regular mascara before it....that is optional! If you get fibers in your eyes...it is because you did something wrong. I have been wearing it for a long time...I have exercised in it, hunted in it, swam in it, wore contacts with it and have got it in my eyes once, and it was my fault! It never caused a major reaction! Other than that one time, it never comes off my lashes. I have even slept in it! You can't make everyone happy unfortunately, but I absolutely love it! P.S. if you are buying this product from anyone besides a presenter...it is fake! Ebay and Amazon included. Anything under $29 for this product is not real. Just FYI. You run the risk of greater chance of allergic reactions and problems.

Popular Mascaras