Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

3.0

on 6/23/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe I got a bad tube of Clump Crusher, but this doesn't work for me at all. For some reason the brush doesn't seem to hold any product, and the formula is very dry. I have to put on at least three or four coats before it starts to look like I have anything on my lashes. It holds true to its promise of no clumps, but that's only because the brush hardly deposits any product at all.

I also agree with other reviews that the claim of water resistance means nothing. It will definitely run if your lashes get wet.

on 6/3/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The mascara itself works great, not as amazing with clumps as I thought it'd be seeing as its name is clump crusher. Also, not water resistant AT ALL. Was in a misty rain a couple weeks ago and just from blinking, my eyelashes made that wet mascara mark under my eyes. Other waterproof mascaras I've basically had to scrub my eyes to get it off, which isn't necessarily good, but its what I wanted, for it to not come off when I'm in a pool or something. That said, it works great for length and separation, but it could be better.

on 5/12/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara for separation, curl, and length. I don't know if this is really waterproof but i think this mascara is better then the original. I would repurchase this.

on 4/8/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This ... did not do anything for my poor short Asian lashes. It didn't give me length, volume, nor did it hold my curl. It just didn't do anything!! I at least expect it to hold my curl being it was water resistant but I noticed my lashes fell right back down after applying this. Not a huge fan of the mascara at all.

This was a terrible mascara for me! I have short Asian lashes and so I always use waterproof mascara because it holds a curl. This fell far short of expectations. Not only did it make my eyelashes go limp, the formula was way too wet and it ran all over my lid and cheeks, just because it took too long to dry.

on 3/17/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I needed a waterproof or water resistant mascara, and this failed miserably. THIS IS NOT WATER RESISTANT!

It looks great on your lashes, the wand is great, but as soon as your eyes water in the slightest this mascara runs like crazy. It gets in your eyes, which makes your eyes water even more. If it's a rainy day, forget it, you'll end up with black streaks down your face. I seriously had to recheck the packaging and the labeling to see if it indeed said "water resistant" the running was so terrible.

If you need something even remotely water resistant, don't buy this mascara! What a disappointment!

I love the way this makes my lashes look - lifted, defined, volumized but still fluttery. It doesn't live up to its water resistant billing though. One sneeze and this started to run into my eyes. It lasted about 5 minutes after that because something irritating in the ingredient list made my eyes stream with tears.

on 3/11/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

sweet mother Mary it just doesn't get better than this mascara.

This has been my go to mascara since the beginning, so much in fact that when I emptied the first tube, I cleaned off the brush and kept it. so I could use it with other mascaras. The brush itself is just that good. This keeps my lashes in place and looking fab ALL DAY, it doesn't matter what I do. It keeps em long, luscious, and beautiful.

My only complaint has to be the packaging, not the brush, just the color and shape of the tube, it is very chubby and bright. Don't get me wrong, the bright color makes it super easy to find in my hell pit of a makeup bag, but it is very obnoxious and not very sleek. One of my favorite reviewers once said--

"I don't care for the teeny bopper packaging. It looks like it should come with a Justin Bieber trading card"

If that didn't give you a good laugh, I don't know what will. But honestly, the packaging leaves something to be desired, because it obviously isn't very classy. But I'm a teen, so no one really cares if my mascara tube is bright green, lol.

This mascara is outrageously good, if you haven't tried it yet, I really suggest it.

on 3/11/2014 10:39:00 PM

I bought this totally on a whim.
I was out getting groceries and happened to find myself in the make-up aisle (*eyeroll*) and saw this on sale for 6.99usd. Being that I'm a fan of CG's LashBlasts in general, I thought I'd try this out. So, I chucked it into my cart among the bananas and bibb lettuce and went upon my merry way.
Next day I decided to try it, only to find out....OMG....it's water resistant! I didn't realize that when I chucked it into my cart but, oh well. I do not use water resistant/proof mascaras - never have - but I bought it, so I should try it, right?
Wow.
I'm very impressed.
It's truly a "clump crusher", for sure. I found it to go on smoothly, evenly, and very black.
It added great thickness, a bit of length, and 2 good coats was satisfactory for me.
Now, I've seen the negative reviews and it seems that the common denominator for those is that it doesn't hold a curl. I can't speak to that, as I do not curl my lashes. I've also seen complaints about it not being "waterPROOF". It's not. It's clearly labeled as being "waterRESISTANT". Big difference.
Having said all that, here is my breakdown:
Great thickening/semi-lengthening water RESISTANT formula for every-day wear. For those (like me) who are shy about waterproof formulas and their ilk, and the difficulty in washing them off...fear not! This mascara is SO easy to wash off at the end of the day. I can't say it's truly waterPROOF, but it IS resistant. I've cried from laughter, had watery eyes from smoke, and have even rubbed at my eyes a little bit...no smudges.
So, yeah.
Don't use it if you need a curler. Totally use it if you're prone to a tear or two but still want the lashes. ;)
Update on 4/05/14: I have been reaching for this every single day. I'm surprised at this, seeing as how I wasn't really expecting much when I first bought it. It looks great either on its own, or with shadow & liner and I really, really like the ease in washing it off. If I want added drama, I just wait a little bit and add a 3rd coat. Either that, or I'll use my Tarte. But what a pleasant discovery for an every-day mascara!

on 3/11/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I usually wear a combo of Benefit's They're Real and Maybelline the Falsies Flared WP to create lush, long, and volumized lashes. Lately, my usual pair of mascaras hasn't been delivering the oomph I want, so I tried Clump Crusher. Fat green tube, similar to Lash Blast which I used to love. I do like the curved slender brush with its short, plastic bristles. It delivers product evenly and really separates the individual lashes. With one coat, I got great definition and deep black color. Two coats improved my length quite a bit, but I still had to add another mascara for volume because this didn't really give any. I wear waterproof mascaras because I have straight lashes that do not hold a curl on their own. Clump Crusher is the only WP mascara that actually undoes my curl. The formula is way too wet and weighs my lashes down. I end up having to recurl them entirely so if you do not feel comfortable curling mascara'd lashes, bear this in mind. Also it is NOT WATERPROOF AT ALL. I do like how my lashes look with Clump Crusher as long as I wear it in conjunction with another mascara and recurl after it has dried. That is a little too much effort to make a drugstore mascara work so I won't repurchase this. I recommend it to those with curly lashes who want great separation and more of a natural, daytime look.

Popular Mascaras