BeneFit Cosmetics B. Right Foamingly Clean Facial Wash

3.6

on 8/16/2012 9:21:00 AM

I have been using this product for about a month now and I am seeing some good results. This is not an acne-cure-all by any means (especially an overnight cure) but I have acne prone skin that is sensitive, so I really don't have that many options when it comes to cleansers. I have to use something more gentle without any salycylic acid or benzoyl peroxide or tea tree oil because they are all way too harsh for my skin. I think if you have mild acne, you should actually stick to something more gentle that just simply cleans your face and exfoliate once a week. I have come to realize all of these harsh cleansers out on the market are just full of chemicals, parabens, and sulfates-and frankly I am just fed up with the list of a hundred five syllable ingredients on the back of my face wash bottles. I like this cleanser because the list of ingredients is about 6 and not including parabens, and sulfates in it's list. I was on a search for something without parabens because I was so angry when I had found out that parabens are actually hormones!! I also like this cleanser because it has cleared up the incident I had with dermalogica completely destroying my face, and it actually lightens scars as well. It can be a little drying but I will occasionally use like a cream cleanser if it does because I am not straying away from this cleanser. I cleans very well, and slowly but surely, getting rid of comedones and blackheads. Like I said it is not an overnight miracle for acne, but I do feel better using this product on my face. And Benefit is actually made by Louis Vuitton, so that helps with it not costing $40 a bottle-because let's face it, the man already has enough money, he doesn't need to make more off girls with acne!!

on 8/7/2012 3:18:00 PM

So i've been through soo many face washes and i bought this one not expecting much, just buying it through force of habit really, however i was impressed, the smell is normal and not off putting. After i washed my face and dried it with a towel I felt it made my skin feel very dry,but squeaky clean! ( ihave combination/acne proneskin) After moisturising it felt fine and felt smoother than usual! I'd defo buy this product again as it cleans makeup off really well! Something which i usually have trouble with.
Xo

on 5/21/2012 10:09:00 PM

The price tag is pretty steep for a cleanser, so I probably wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't included in the large kit I was given.

I have dry skin so I was worried when I read the title "Foamingly Clean" that it would strip all the moisture out. To my surprise it cleaned all my make up off, but my wasn't dried out because of it. (I follow it up with the Moisture Prep Toning Lotion & the day or night moisturizer afterward & my skin feels really soft!)

The fragrance is nice (identical to the toning & day lotions) & comes in a pretty, easy to use tube. It lathers very nicely (but not large foam bubbles that always seem to get in your nose when you inhale...sounds silly but my old Olay & Neutrogenia cleansers use to do that & it was very unpleasant!) Because it lathers easily in my hands, I only need a pea-sized amount to wash my face & neck & the tube allows me to dispense the perfect amount.

The only things I dislike are the price (but sometimes I can find it cheaper online which helps) & the fact that you can't see how much product is left in the tube.

If you have allergies or sensitive skin, you'll want to skip this because of the fragrance. Otherwise, I'd recommend buying the 3 or 6 piece kit to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! (I ended up buying all the full size products in the line before the travel sized were used up.) I know Benefit likes to replace product lines sometimes, so I'm really hoping this one doesn't get the axe.

on 3/31/2012 2:47:00 AM

Got this as a trial size and glad I did - after trying this, wouldn't pay full price for a full size at all. It foams nicely, but it smells horrible and left my skin feeling not very clean at all and dry. I had to slather on twice as much moisturiser after using this, it was that bad. Think BeneFit should stick to what they know best - makeup - and leaving the cleansing products to someone else.

on 3/11/2012 7:33:00 PM

NO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN. This product was recommended to me by a woman who works at the store I bought it from, clearly she knows nothing about skin. I have dry skin, and it's sensitive to fragrance. This product completely stripped my skin, leaving it raw and patchy. The only good thing I have to say about this product was that it lead my to my new cleanser which corrected my skin in no more than a week. THANK GOD FOR BOSCIA.

on 12/21/2011 10:54:00 PM

Great cleanser but it does not remove eye make up very well but I am willing to put up with the little extra step before hand. My acne has actually cleared up better then any other cleanser before so I am delighted with that! I don't like the screw cap as I'm always messing with it in the shower. Over all favorite cleanser after many many many others have failed to impress me. :)

UPDATE: i stopped using this as after a while the smell became overpowering. Still a memorable favourite but i won't be able to repurchase.

on 11/27/2011 6:29:00 PM

I have been using the BeneFit b.right products for quite a few months now and i have to say its one of the best that ive tried. It gives a very squeaky clean feel, which i love, and doesnt completely strip all the essential oils off your face. It also didnt give me that tight feel that many others cleansers have done.
It may not have much of an impact in terms of preventing or clearing acne, but thankfully im not prone to major breakouts, and this hasnt given me any since using it.
In addition, its a good makeup remover, but you may find it doesnt help much with removing mascara.
The main reason i love this product is because of the fact that since using it, my complexion has become much brighter. Ive been using it alongside the BeneFit b.right facial polish, which is also very gentle on the skin and definitely gives a more luminous finish.
The packaging is wonderful and looks amazing on my bathroom counter; its one of the things i love most about BeneFit products. Although, it is slightly pricey, i have yet to find another cleanser that does the same job as this one, so i will repurchase this when it finishes. Having said that, my current bottle has lasted me ages and im still not close to finishing it, which is definitely a plus.
Overall, i wouldnt say that it would help with problematic skin, but if your looking for something that cleanses the skin and gives you radiant finish, then this is it.

on 11/8/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't have anything nice to say. I was a huge fan of Benefit about 6 years ago, and I miss all the wonderful products they used to have. A lot of their newer stuff just doesn't do it for me, and this was one. I bought this trying to give them another chance over my Philosophy... I used it once and my face got so raw and red after using it, it was horrible! Plus the smell was a HORRIBLE turn-off... I kept smelling it as the day went on and it was getting worse with every whiff. I couldn't wait to get back home and wash my face with my purity! AWFUL for those who have sensitive skin.

on 8/6/2011 8:34:00 PM

Me? I really like this face wash. It truly deep cleans like whoa.

My boyfriend? This made his eyes so red for a week that his employer questioned his leisure activities. Seriously. Massive allergic reaction to the fragrance.

It is very heavily fragranced. The smell bothers me but it's worth the cleaning power. However, if this is a problem causer in my household, it's sadly a no go for next time.

on 8/4/2011 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first review so I hope that I express myself well ! First of all I have been looking for a cleaner for my combo/oily skin for a while. I had settled on Origins Checks & Balance but wondered if there was anything else. I stopped in to purchase something else ( as is always the case) and the saleslady mentioned the new line. I figured I was almost out of C&B anywayz and thought I would try it. Why not...

Well I have to say I absolutely love it. It cleanses my skin without making it tight and dry. Its quick and efficient and great. There is a scent that starts off noticeable so if you are very anti smell this may not be for you. I however love it. The packaging is great but we all know its the product since that counts.

I will definetly buy again and am very happy with it.