Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/20/2013 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice, light weight lip balm with a sheer hint of colour which should suit most skin tones. It is expensive for what it is but it is a quality product nonetheless. Feels moisturising but not heavy, which is what I like.

I like the consistency of this lip balm much better than regular Burt's Bees lip balm. This product is actually moisturizing on me.

I am NW25 and have very pigmented lips. I thought this lip balm was going to be a lot more pigmented than it actually was on me. However it is good for if I want a little bit more coverage than a clear lip balm. I also really like using it for is a base layer under lipstick.

However, I do find it a little expensive for what it is. I was also really disappointed with the packaging. I purchased a cardboard tube. When I got home, I realized that the tube was all I purchased. There wasn't anything inside the tube. I returned it to the store and they replaced the tube with one that actually contained a lip balm inside. It really bothers that for the high cost of the product, it can't be packaged in a way that is a bit more tamper-proof.

I might repurchase. I'm undecided right now.

on 2/4/2013 12:58:00 PM

For a tinted lip balm, this is on the pricier side. That being said, this happens to be a quality product. The balm is moisturizing and glides on smoothly. The pigment is moderate to sheer, not as dark as I originally believed it was going to be. You can apply it a couple times without looking cakey. Beware if your lips are really chapped though, you are going to need to apply a heavier lip balm first, then apply this one. This is not as moisturizing as the original Burt's Bees lip balms. The tube is very portable and does not uncap, which is a plus. Overall, this is a nice product which I would repurchase.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Although not as moisturizing as some, this does the job and the color is natural looking and not a blaring red like others. The looks of a lip balm container is not important to me as its usually in my purse. Use under my lipsticks to add a little more depth to the sheerer lipstick colors.

on 1/23/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a huge fan of Burt's Bees lip balms but this failed to impress me. As a general lip balm, it's okay if you don't need something very moisturising, it's light and smells/tastes pleasant enough. I picked this shade because it was the darkest one but you can barely see it on my lips, except when I accidentaly over-apply and it goes out of the lipline. So for the extra money I don't think it's worth it. I also don't understand the excess packaging with that pointless cardboard tube and the plastic tube inside is so ugly. Wouldn't buy again.

on 11/25/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm NC20, blonde hair and brown eyes, this stuff looks great on me. It's on the bold side as far as tinted lip balm goes but it's not overwhelming. Does get really flaky though, unfortunately. I'll probably buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A lightweight (not thick, waxy, gloppy) balm with a nice hint of reddish-brown color. It's not a product for the dry cold harsh weather of winter (I use Lypsyl for that) but it's very nice for an everyday balm for your purse or pocket. It's nice in every way.

on 10/9/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product was awesome! I am a lipstick/gloss junkie and this actually left me with lots of color and moisture. It is always in my pocket and i use it all the time. I am actually having my engagement pictures this week and this color is perfect! I don't want to look like i am using too much lip product so this is great! Great pigmentation and lasting quality!

on 10/9/2012 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

What a waste of money! I picked the darkest tint (Red Dahlia) and there was virtually no tint on my lips whatsoever! My lips are naturally pale so there should've been some coloration. The balm itself was average and didn't moisturize and condition as it claims to do in fact my lips were waxy after about an hour. Will not buy again!

on 9/28/2012 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am on the fence with this product.

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle in the summer). I have pretty pigmented lips also. When I first swipe this across my lips, I like the subtle deepening of my natural lip color. However, as I continue to wear this throughout the day, my lips not only feel drier and drier, but then I kept putting more lip balm on, and I noticed that as the color grew stronger, this shade looks really off with my skin tone :(

If I wanted a "high maintenance" product that I have to layer with lip balm to moisturize my lips and remember not to over-apply, I'll take a lipstick, thank you.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products