Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/28/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATE** 11/7/09** No, I guess I got too excited too quickly on this. It dries my face out and makes it look older than it really is. I so wanted to like it, as MMU is just so much more convenient, but, alas, it's not for me. :( **Original review** I've tried many MMU before and never had any luck with my dry skin. Thought I had it with Meow Cosmetics, but when I ordered the full size after using the sample, it didn't look the same for some really odd reason, and you can't return their products :/...... Anyway, I had been waiting to order this through Sephora, and they were out for, like, 6 weeks, but I finally got it, and am soooo glad I did! I am fair-med yellow-undertone complexion, and the Laura Mercier Online Artist hit the color for me spot-on. She suggested Natural Beige, and while I ordered that along with the Classic Beige just to be sure, the Nat. Beige was the best 'settled in' shade. The Classic Beige was a bit too dark, and I knew I wouldn't be able to wear it year 'round. As for the finish and the wear, I love it! Since I have really dry skin, I moisturize really well a bit beforehand, and use a primer (Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel, bizarre, but works!), let the primer dry a bit, then buff on using the Everyday Minerals flat-top brush. The finish is like soft satin. Not too dry and powdery looking, and not too shiny (BE are you listening?) It also does not irritate my sensitive skin or make it itchy. YAY!!!

I have extremely sensitive skin and have a difficult time finding foundation that does not break me out. I wanted to try mineral makeup again as I am always up for trying something. SA at Sephora pointed me in the direction of LA mineral foundation. I have been wearing the foundation for about two months now and I can happily report NO break outs and the finished product when applied with The Body Shop's mineral brush is absolutely beautiful. My skin looks as though it has been brushed with silk.

on 8/25/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Using this in Rich Vanilla. Staying in the tropics, and have dry skin with some slight oiliness in T-zone. Gives me nice, glowy skin but please be warned that it WILL emphasize your pores a bit, though not too bad in my case. Will apply first thing in the morning after sunblock, never need to retouch till the end of the day. My face will get a bit oily around 4pm though, so will brush on some loose CD powder or Chanel Mat Lumiere compact powder, and that will solve the problem pronto. Great coverage, no breakouts in my case. Using this powder with a matte sunblock helps tremendously. Try my HG of all sunblocks, the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection cream or lotion. Can't use this with oilier, shinier suncreen like Laneige High Lasting Sunblock, makes my dry face so shiny and oily I'm scared to stand near any fire source for fear of my face catching fire. Haha!

on 8/8/2009 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After buying this twice I guess I should finally write a review. This is definitely a heavier coverage mmu (which I like and need). I don't need concealer on my broken caps and leftover red marks and find that a stiff old e/s brush with extra of this on top of marks covers beautifully. My biggest gripe is that is does oxidize on my chin in nice little orange spots. I tried a zillion primers and the best thing is the Fryinnae yellow rice powder first. No more Cheeto spots! I'm currently rotating this and the new Lancome they are almost identical on me. LM even in Real Sand is still a touch too pink but it's a decent match. This can easily look cakey and patchy and requires good blending and dry time after s/s and primers. I use the EM flat top brush to achieve heavy coverage and kind of stipple it on. Wroth a try if you need coverage and like mmu.

on 8/4/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't hate it but I don't love it. I was using it with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and I felt like it wasn't doing anything to make my skin look better. I was hoping for more of an illuminating glow with light coverage and I didn't feel like I was achieving that.
I think the packaging is pretty decent for a loose powder. I still have about half a container left and dust it over my current foundation if I'm looking for a little more coverage or a long lasting affect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily,sensitive, and acne-prone skin. This has great coverage and doesn't make me break-out and I like the fact that is has SPF 15 in it. The packaging is definitely not my favorite. It's pretty inconvinient, and can get messy. The coverage is great, but it does look like you have a mask on, and it gives that dewey glow like all mineral makeups do. And it's not as matte as I want it to be so I always set it with an oil-free powder. Currently I'm using Lorac oil-free wet/dry powder for touchups and it's been working great for me.

on 7/21/2009 7:53:00 PM

I applied this product using a brush, and every time I use it, it feels like a mask over my face. It makes my skin really oily, clogs my pores, and it doesn't match my skin tone, a bit too pink for me. I also hate that the minerals stick together, so I have to get it out of the container, put it on the cap, and break it up with my brush every time. It is a total waste of time. I usually don't mind high prices, but such product should not cost that much. I would not buy this product again.

I love this stuff, it is a billion times better than any other mineral powder. It matches my really yellow but palish skin unlike every other powder I've tried, and it's light enough in coverage that you can't see it but it still evens out my complexion. The packaging is great because you can close the holes so the powder can't get everywhere, and it lasts forever. It's fast to apply, doesn't clog pores like foundation always does for me, and I love it.

on 6/30/2009 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i was thinking if i should by this or not and the reviews just made me want to more. i dont really like it, its too powdery looking and gets alittle cakey. i dont feel like it stays on, the lady told me that if you dont use a primer with this foundation that it would fall off really quick. i dont think that even the primer is strong enough to keep this on me all day, i even let my friend try it whose got normal skin and she said the same thing. i even let her use the primer too. so now i just dust it on it i am going to close by places like the corner store or walks at night haha or when im bord and play with makeup or try to waste it sometimes. i also dont like how this product looks on my nose, i do peels and exfoliate and moisterize /prime, but it doesnt look smooth on my nose :(

on 6/26/2009 1:29:00 PM

+ perfect shade match (which is rare)
+ excellent for evening out skin tone
+ enough coverage to mask imperfections while also looking natural
+ *some* SPF
+ superior jar design
__________
= possible HG!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this seems to be better for those of us who are over 35. I was reading such varying reviews on this makeup and was on the fence for quite awhile about it because of that. Once I filtered the reviews by age category (reason #457 why I lourve MUA), though, I could see that most of the ladies who really like this are in my age group.
So I thought I'd go into Sephora to pick up samples of the lightest shades-- soft porcelain and tender rose-- but once I saw them in the store, I knew that soft porcelain would be best. And it's better than that. I have used so many brands of mineral makeup and none of them hit the right shade. The good thing about powder, though, is that you can mix them up to suit your needs but that gets tiresome and adds to the length of your daily routine. So I am SOOOOOO glad that this matches me perfectly-- in daylight, under flourescent lights, in pictures. No chalkiness. Does not settle in fine lines. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder does what I always heard raves about with other foundations-- it melds with my skin beautifully. It might be that this is the first time a shade has worked so perfectly for me, but the finish on it has to have something to do with it too. It's light enough to show your skin but perfects it nicely-- like a filter. Lasts all day without getting cakey. I actually didn't have to redo my makeup the other evening when going out after wearing it all day. Just a little touch-up.

I do use a primer and finishing powder with this. I'm considering the LM Mineral Primer but that has a lot of 'cones in it and I am leery. But I do prime with some kind of moisturizer, usually a higher SPF one. The new Korres 'cone-free primer is nice with this foundation. Aromaleigh Porcelaine or MAC Blot are fabulous on top to finish.