Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/10/2007 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin, but I did not find this product gentle at all. It irritated my skin and dried it out even more.

on 8/10/2007 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

ok product...doesn't perform wonders, but doesn't worsen things either. My skin is pretty dry, so i prefer soemthing a little more hydrating.

on 8/9/2007 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used this cleanser for a few years now, and I have to say (maybe with the exception of aveeno, which is way more expensive), it's the best I've found for my acne-d but often-dry face. I have tried everything: Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Basis, Apricot Scrub, etc., but this is the only one that works without drying my skin out. A lot of the others left me with the same old pimples, and made them worse by drying and irritating. I have to use a moisturizer after washing w/ Cetaphil in the winter, but other than that it is great. The value is a plus too--a bottle lasts me 6 months or more, and the little pump thing is handy (though if it breaks, it's a pain).

on 8/8/2007 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I find this cleanser to be just okay. It does work pretty well for me, so I know that I can turn to it in a pinch. It never irritates my skin and never dries me out. I don't find that it leaves my skin feeling particularily clean and refreshed, though, so that is my main complaint about this product. The texture is a bit different, it doesn't foam, lather, bubble-up, or anything for that matter. It's just kind of a flat, boring, clear-ish liquid that doesn't do anything special, but I'm okay with that. It doesn't really do anything good for my skin, but nothing bad either, so I don't mind using it if I have to.

on 8/7/2007 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For daily use, I'm a fan of this cleanser. I know it won't break me out, make my skin dry, make my face itch, or make me feel slimy. A large bottle lasts me about 4 months with morning and evening use.

One thing I won't do with my oily skin - use it without rinsing. I felt incredibly greasy and had to rinse off after 10 minutes.

I also find that if I am wearing makeup, I have to wash a few times before I'm certain everything's off (and even then, I'll use eye makeup remover and a toner). Since I only wear makeup for special occasions, or when I get on a self-improvement kick, this isn't much of an issue.

on 8/7/2007 4:05:00 AM

great cleanser! i've been using this for years. have tried all sort of expensive face cleansers, including Clarins, Kiehl's and Murad, but always come back to this one. i don't wear foundation, so i don't need anything 'heavy duty'. use it AM + PM with a wash cloth. follow up with a toner and skin feels clean.

on 8/5/2007 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the few things I can use on my dry sensitive skin in the winter. It is not very good at removing makeup, but it is perfect for a morning cleanser.

on 8/4/2007 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

cetaphil is wonderful for dry, sensitive, allergic skin or skin with rosacea or for women who don't wear much makeup... but I have oily skin and I wear foundation when I go out (I wear a mineral foundation or a sheer liquid.) For oily skin with foundation, this product won't clean effectively.... you would need something else to get the makeup off first, and then follow up with this. But if I had dry, sensitive skin and didn't wear much base makeup: I could see how this is an ideal product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Useless for taking makeup off, but perfect for the morning shower, to take the night's grime off.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not nice at all.
Left my face feeling filmy.