Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/19/2007 10:38:00 PM

I started using this product after my previous cleanser began burning my skin when I began using Differin. It can be used with or without water and is inexpensive. This is definitely a no frills cleanser but it does it's job and doesn't irritate my skin so I'll continue using it.

on 8/19/2007 2:26:00 PM

Blech! I wish I loved this stuff as much as other people seem to, but alas..... it doesn't clean all that well plus I think it may be to blame for causing breakouts :( (probably because it doesn't clean very well!). I imagine if you had somewhat dry/normal skin that isn't very breakout prone, then you'd probably love it, but not me :(

on 8/19/2007 2:31:00 AM

for about the first month i used cetaphil (waterless method) my skin did feel a lot softer and i noticed a few less breakouts, but i didn't have a life changing skin miracle. it got all my makeup off very easily, but i felt like i needed more cleansing afterwards. you get a HUGE bottle for the price, but for me it just wasn't cutting it. (i have combo-oily acne prone skin.) also, my husband, who has sensitive acne prone skin, used it a few times and it stung his face and he hated it.

on 8/16/2007 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I keep this stocked up under my skin, and switch on and off it a lot. When I do use it however, it is religiously so. This makes my skin so soft and cleans my skin without drying it, or leaving any irritated, tight feeling. This is a great product if you have dry or sensitive skin and you don't use thick, heavy foundation. I have no problem whatsoever with it removing makeup, and I wear foundation, concealer, and water-proof eye make-up every day. Sometimes if I need a bit of exfoliation, I'll mix in a bit of baking soda, which is great at clearing off dead skin without making my skin turn bright red! I've been using this for years, and will keep on doing so!

on 8/15/2007 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is the only cleanser i will use. i've been using it for 6 years? it's perfect. sometimes it might not get all my mascara off, but i just re-wash a few more times and i'm good. it's non-irritating and gentle as well as scent free. i love.

on 8/14/2007 1:27:00 PM

I started using this after a long vacation from it. When I was a teen my mother purchased my first bottle. Once it was finished I moved on to try many different types of cleansers.

Fast forward to last winter when I noticed my skin becoming dry. I decided to give this another try. I am sure glad I did! It cleans my face but it does not strip it. I would not suggest using this to remove anything like eye makeup however.

It is gentle yet very effective for everyday use. I now keep a bottle in my shower and use it not only on my face, but to shave my legs with too.

Update: I notice this is terrible at removing makeup. If you use this on non-makeup days it is terrific. Or, you can use this as a morning cleanser, but if you want to cleanse makeup off your face you will need something a little less mild.

on 8/12/2007 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Cetaphil makes my skin glow because it does not strip away essential oils. It can be used as to exfoliate, to shave, and is very effective as removing makeup. I think it's better for drier skin than oily skin though.

Edit: After 5 years still using it, which is rare for me. Keeps breakouts at bay. Use as spot treatment. Makeup remover. I kneel and revere whoever concocted this, not exaggerating. However, I always follow Cetaphil with another foaming cleanser at night to rid of dirt, debris, tougher makeup during the day, but Cetaphil alone in the mornings is sufficient.

Edit 2: This past summer, I went to Target and bought the one for normal to oily skin, instead of the usual normal to dry skin and it actually caused minor bumps on my skin. Instead of the milky white runny texture, it was more gel-like and clear and had an INTENSE soapy smell to it that I hated. Now I'm back to using my good old normal-to oily skin Cetaphil and happy

I don't have particularly dry or oily or sensitive skin, but when I'd take a shower my legs would burn and my arms would itch. (probably because I take long, hot showers) But when I use this as a body wash, this doesn't happen. My skin is comfortable and happy. I also find this good to wash those, ahem, especially sensitive areas. You know... on a lady.

on 8/11/2007 8:18:00 PM

Can you say BORING? I know, I know, it's not supposed to be exciting, merely an effective means of cleaning the skin. I found it to be very average in that respect too. Defintintely not on my A-list.

on 8/10/2007 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin, but I did not find this product gentle at all. It irritated my skin and dried it out even more.