Bare Escentuals buxom lash

LOVE THIS. Stranded on an island material. Have tried every mascara- Dept. and Drug store. Best for my sensitive eyes, sparse lashes that clump like crazy. Worth every penny because it lasts the full 3 months- and more if you risk it- without changing at all from it's first opened consistency.

on 1/16/2011 11:25:00 PM

I had wanted to try this mascara for a while and I finally convinced myself to but it at a pretty steep price of $18. It's an alright mascara but nothing special, I think I could have found something much better at the drugstore.

on 1/4/2011 3:19:00 PM

First off, I LOVE this stuff! The girl at Sephora convinced me to give it a try, and I'm glad I listened to her. (This particular girl never steers me wrong.)

I've found you have to apply it with some pressure to the upper lashes, you can't just lightly touch it. The way she explained it is that the brush acts kinda like a comb and untangles my long, sparse lashes, and coats them in the dark black colour at the same time. If you don't use the comb as a brush, it WILL clump up, stick your lashes together, and you'll look hilarious. (That's what I looked like on my first attempt with this stuff.)

I did find that I needed a few coats to get the roots of my lashes to look as thick as I wanted them to, but all in all, it only took me 2 tries to get the eyelashes I've been searching for (for a number of years). I've literally tried every drug store formula out there, and to me, $25 CDN was totally worth it.

What really sold it in the store was that she was wearing the product. She explained to me how the brush works, and that if you DO get clumps or tangles, you can flip the brush vertically (up and down), and use the really fine bristles on the end of it to comb out the lumps. I was skeptical about that one, and on my first attempt I managed to get my lashes all clumpy. So I tried it. You have to get most of the mascara off the tip of the brush first, but it DOES take out the clumps. Doesn't make your lashes perfect, but you also don't have to wash it off and start all over. It's a wonderful little emergency feature if you tend to have really bad makeup days often, like I do.

I will definitely be buying this product again, as I swear it was practically MADE for me.

on 1/3/2011 12:35:00 AM

I got a full-size tube of this mascara as a GWP, and I used it up. On the plus side, the shaped brush made application to my sparse lower lashes a lot easier, and seemed to help lock in curl for my straight upper lashes. The color is very black. No smearing, no transfer due to my eye cream, another plus.

On the down side, it has an extremely thin formula--very difficult to use for the first couple weeks. Weeks three and four were great, but it dried up almost immediately after that. I didn't notice any thickening at all, even with multiple coats, and lengthening was nominal. My lashes are fairly long, so I didn't find that to be an issue, but this mascara would be best for someone who just wanted to change the color of their lashes (thinking white-blonde, here), rather than to give a thickened look.

I would not repurchase, but would certainly use another free one!

on 12/27/2010 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I signed up with Makeupalley just so I could review this product. I've been searching for a 'holy grail' mascara for at least 5 years, and while I've been impressed with many (Hourglass, Dior, Josie Maran) nothing has come as close to perfect as Buxom has for me.
You do have to 'build it' and layer it on a bit, but the end result has been amazing for me. Keep in mind, I'm a false eyelash girl - love my lashes looking very long and full - and Buxom mascara does that for me, without the false lashes. Will rebuy again and again!

on 12/24/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HATED THIS! Wanted to try this for a long time and was very disappointed in the results. Lashes stuck together and looked sparse. My lashes looked better without it on! For the price you can find a few different mascaras that work a lot better. Didn't lengthen, didn't separate, didn't add volume. Pretty much only made my lashes black.

on 12/20/2010 7:58:00 PM

Pricey but this mascara is one of the best I've tried! Separates lashes beautifully and creates such a dark color too! Lengthens well and it can be layered effectively! Too bad it comes with an expensive price tag...Definitely wouldn't have thought to buy this if I didn't get a free sample of it from my Sephora....Using this along with my HG Maybelline wp Turbo boost gives me such pretty, dark, yet natural-looking thick lashes!

on 12/10/2010 6:34:00 PM

I have short yet naturally curled lashes and can't seem to find a good lengthening mascara that won't clump up! The Buxom Lash elongates my mascara and doesn't irritate or dry out my eyes and makes a perfect mascara for layering! One coat of this mascara, and another 'volumizing' mascara and I have beautiful thick, sky high lashes. LOVE!

on 12/2/2010 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too expensive you get pretty much the same results/benefits with maybelline full and soft and thats better priced. Once the buxom mascara is gone I'm gonna keep and reuse the wand.

on 11/26/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Received a sample size of Buxom Lash in my Sephora 500 Point Gift. I am typically of the school of thought that it's a total waste of money to buy a mascara that costs more than $7-$8 and I have found a few cheap drugstore mascaras that I really love (CoverGirl Lash Exact and Rimmel Sexy Curves), but this Buxom Lash is amazing. Fantastic results delivered for color, thickness (without being clumpy) and especially length (and I have very short, thin lashes without mascara). The brush is terrific. I would absolutely consider spending the extra money and purchasing a full size tube of Buxom Lash once this runs out.

Popular Mascaras