Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 1/14/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

In 2009 I cut my hair to just above my bust and I HATED it. I searched everywhere I watched YouTube and found some gurus talking about the mane and tail products. I was desperate so I bought the the shampoo and conditoner. While I was using it didn't notice any difference. My hair did feel dry though. Anyway a year went by, just recently saw some photos from my 2009 Christmas work party and omg that's when I realised how FREAKING AMAZING this product worked! I couldn't believe it. In 9 months my hair had grown from just above my bust to 4 inches below my bust.

I was also using red ken extreme anti snap leave in conditioner that I looooove!

on 1/10/2012 2:47:00 PM

I bought this to use on my horse because of how cheap it was for a horse shampoo , one day while I was at the barn my friend and I decided to shower (not naked ) in the wash rack because it was extremely hot and we have been messing around out there all day. We used Mane n' Tale and on us and the horses at the same time. It was fantastic but I never really used it more than once or twice so I can't give a great review except for the fact that it works really well on my horse!

on 1/7/2012 7:22:00 PM

This is meant for horses and horses alone, avoid!Not for people!!!

on 1/6/2012 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shampoo and conditioner a while ago and I must say I really love this product! I have shoulder length hair, wavy, and oily. Since I've been using this I find that my hair is so much more shiny and silky. I always use the shampoo and conditioner together because if you don't your hair will be really dry! The reason I gave this a 4 is because I notice that I have a bit of dandruff now. I don't know for sure if it's because of the shampoo or because the weather keeps going from hot to cold all the time that my skin is going bonkers. All-in-all great product if you have oily hair. If you have dry hair I don't recommend.
Edit: A few months later...I would NOT repurchase this! It has dried out my hair really badly.

on 1/4/2012 4:25:00 PM

I have fairly thick, wavy, waist-length hair. As anyone with this type and length of hair knows, the roots get oily at a normal rate, but the ends stay dry.
Mane 'n Tail is an excellent shampoo. It really helps make my hair soft and shiny, and it's easy to lather and unscented. However, I have extremely strong hair that never gets split ends, I never blow dry it, and I only use heat styling tools maybe once every two months, so it might be a little too harsh for people with damaged hair. I also wouldn't recommend it for colored hair.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have been using this product for about 3 months, and I have seen no difference in my hair. In the first month or so, the product was working well. After a while I realized the product was making my hair VERY greasy. I recommend using this product for a month and then switch of with another shampoo every other month. This product was originally ment for horses, so it causes alot of build up.

on 1/2/2012 12:08:00 AM

I LOVE MANE n TAIL, MUST use the conditioner along with the shampoo and USE AS DIRECTED to see any type of results. Makes hair soft, the only thing they could do to improve this product is add afloral scent or somthing that smells a little better.
would repurchase.

on 12/27/2011 8:40:00 AM

AVOID! I bought this on the hype created by various magazines and now use ut for shampooing my dogs, which is what it's meant for. Dried out my highlighted hair appaulingly....not a good shampoo. It's an animal product and really isn't formulated for human hair ...

on 12/23/2011 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I literally hate this line of shampoos and conditioners. My hair always, ALWAYS feels insanely dry and i cannot even get a brush through after i use it. My sister has it, thats why i use it when i visit, she has fine, oily, curly hair and she likes it. I have long, mid back, thick hair which tends to get dry.
So, perhaps if you have oily fine hair it will work for you. Otherwise, thumbs wayyyy down.

on 12/18/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have very long, oily, fine hair. My hair tangles easily, and shampoo tends to make that worse. I have to wash my hair everyday due to having a very oily scalp. I had tried many different kinds of shampoo in the past, and all of them tangled my hair. Mane & Tail is the only shampoo I have found that leaves my hair tangle-free and moisturized without conditioner (conditioner weighs my fine hair down). I use it exclusively now, and have no plans to switch. Definite repurchase!