MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 8/30/2010 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow. I have to say, I'm just not impressed. This is my first MAC eyeshadow, and it just doesn't do much for me. I thought I'd branch out a little and try other products by MAC than just the lipstick I have bought on and off for several years. I chose this color because I often wear just a wash of a champagne color all over my lids and it seemed I could do that with All That Glitters. I have pretty dry skin and don't have oily eyelids usually. I rarely wear a primer because I just have never needed to. This stuff just disappears! I put it on this morning around 8 and by noon it was GONE. There was a little shimmer left, nothing else.
I have several eyeshadows which are almost the exact same pinky/peachy champagne color (Alima's Chai, ZuZu Luxe's Eternity, Clinique Lucky Penny), and they all last all day long and then some, without primer. Sad I spent the money on this.

on 8/18/2010 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW. It some hows manages to work it's way into an eyeshadow look that I do. Majorty of the time, it's my main lid color but sometimes I'll add it as a brow bone or tear duct high-light. The pigmentation is great and I love the color. Lovelovelove.

on 8/18/2010 4:40:00 PM

I know I am in the minority here, but I don't really like this color....at all (ducks). I definitely think this is more suited to warm-toned gals. I am cool/neutral and I pull so much orange out of this. Actually, I bought this with Woodwinked which did the exact same thing, so I just looked so sick and sad...and orange, yuck. To counteract this orangey color, the MA said to try soft ochre paint pot which to some extent helped but not enough that I felt like I had to have this.

I would describe the color as peachy shimmer with golden flecks. Its a veluxe pearl which is a faboosh texture. But you gotta like the color.

So if you too are having issues with ATG, may I suggest some alternatives...the peachy shade in the WnW Walking on Eggshells trio (everything I want ATG to be), or NYX Champagne. These colors I find are more brightening and don't pull orange. So 3 lippies since I can't pull off this color, but still think its a pretty peach shade!

on 8/18/2010 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It's a pretty colour, just not a very unique one. That's why i wouldn't repurchase. Cheaper brands have dupes!

on 8/18/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My all time fav golden shimmery eye shadow! I used this with many different brown colors on my eyes and it looks amazing with all of them! Looks great on the lids. Absolutely beautiful! I keep repurchasing when I run out.

on 8/16/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am generally a big fan of MAC shadows and this one is nice except that on my NW20 skin it barely shows up. It really just looks like my normal skin is shimmery. That can come in handy from time to time but I don't find myself reaching for this shade often. I tend to use it as a highlight more than anything else. Disappointing because I really wanted to like it a lot more than I do.

on 8/13/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I use this shadow every day as my lid color, it looks really nice with just a nice chocolate brown color in the crease. even though its 14 bucks i would buy it again, it lasts forever , i've had it since september and its still up and running! i love eyeshadow its a gorgeous neutral color.If You're new to mac, Make this your first eyeshadow:)

on 8/12/2010 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I use this on the lid or lightly below my brow as a highlight color. It's a gorgeous champagne peachy-pink color. I usually base my lid with Fresco Rose paint pot before I put it on so it can really pop.

on 8/10/2010 11:31:00 AM

I love love loveee All That Glitters. It is by far my favorite MAC shadow! I just love that it's so versatile on me. I have used it since last summer and to tell the truth, probably 95% of my looks included this one. Even on those days where I just threw something on to go to the store, this was it. It works beautifully with my skintone, whether it be winter or summer. I love that I can just pop this on lash to brow and add a quick liner and bit of mascara, and it just WORKS. Amazing on my blue eyes, too! This is probably my HG shadow, and I will be repurchasing soon as I've hit pan long ago and been working just with what's left in the rim lol.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other