Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 5/25/2011 5:18:00 AM

I don't get the hype.. This brush works oke for my liquid foundation, but I actually like a flat foundation brush better.. Swapped this away.

Can't complain about the quality, I'm starting to think that I like my Sigma brushes better than my Mac brushes. They are always super soft and dense, where Mac brushes can be scratchy (or is it just me?), and they nearly never shed at all! So that why I still gave it 4 lippies, nothing special for me, but greath quality and a reasonable price!

*update: I started using my flat top kabuki brush from Sephora (which I had forever) for foundation, and this is amazing! I like this so much beter than the Sigma one! Foundation goes on flawless and in less than 5 minutes. If you have a little money to splurge try this one!*

on 5/25/2011 4:06:00 AM

My favorite brush for applying liquid foundation, hands down. It really buffs the product in, leaving an awesome air-brushed sort of finish. I lovelovelove it and would highly recommend it :).

on 5/21/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was looking for something that could replace my HG Dior powder foundation brush and decided to give Sigma F80 a try. And I love it! It's very soft and no fall-out (a bit of a weird smell to it though or is my nose too sensitive?). I apply liquid foundations with it and it performs wonderfully! One minor problem - it absorbs a lot of product, much more than my Dior brush. But I can live with that :-)
Definitely recommended! It's a steal at this price!

on 5/19/2011 7:15:00 PM

OMG!! I just got the sigma F80 brush today..Used it and I'm in LOVE!!! You need so little foundation It makes your make up go on so smooth

on 5/17/2011 7:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is very good for buffering powders onto skin. You can also use it for liquids and cremes, BUT becos it is so densely packed, it absorbs alot of product, the washing + drying becomes very tedious. So I only use it with powders. Shedding is not a big issue with this one, unlike my other Sigma brushes (the black bristles ones).

on 5/17/2011 2:23:00 AM

love this brush. Is much better than mac or high end brushes, is so thick and soft.
The only thing i dont like is: because is so thick and big, you need to use more product (foundation or powder) to apply a uniform coat. A lot of product will stay in the brush : (
love this brush tough, i put my mac skunk brush on my back up drawer for now.

on 5/17/2011 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am usually a complete brush snob. 98% of my brushes are MAC. That being said, this brush is hands down the BEST brush for applying liquid foundation. It's blends so easily and flawlessly. It does not shed AT ALL. Also, because it is synthetic it doesn't absorb the product allowing you to use less. Previously I was relying solely on my BeautyBlender sponge. The only downside with that is that I don't like how it stains and that it never seems super clean. This brush is so easy to keep clean, which is very important to me. Needless to say, if you're in the market for a foundation brush, do not hesitate to purchase this one. You will love it!

on 5/16/2011 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing brush! I use this for liquid foundation or to buff in cream foundations.
It cost around 20 which is quite expensive but its great quality and if treated properly can last a very long time.
You lose no product what so ever on the brush.
It blends any foundation so well and leaves you with a flawless even coverage.

on 5/15/2011 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the set of 3 foundation brushes from Sigma. The brush does soak up a little more LF as compared to MAC187, however, it gives a perfect finish, very natural look. And it doesn't shed after deep cleansing. Highly recommended.
Just remember to search for coupon code before payment. You could save 10% of your bill (which may well cover your shipping cost)

on 5/15/2011 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This brush (including the other 2) is the best brush I've ever owned. It is just simply amazing! I love the way it applies, i love how soft it is, i pretty much love everything about it. This brush can also be used for applying blush, mineral, cream or powder as well as liquids. Airbrush look, smooth & natural look when used for foundation.
When i purchased it the first time, i only purchased the F80 & i fell in love! So i purchased 3 sets which came with the F80, F82 & F84. Def my holy grail brush :)