The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 3/2/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a really harsh product containing irritating ingredients (alcohol, SLS, menthol). I bought this originally (along with the toner and blemish-fade night lotion) to clear a really bad breakout - it only made things worse (I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin).
It does lather really nicely and it did take all of my makeup off. My skin felt clean and tight (which is not a good sign) after cleansing. Using the above skin routine did control my oil... but my breakouts continued. This wash strips all of the oil from your face and causes your oil glands to secrete more oil which in turn made my breakouts continue. As well, the irritating ingredients made my acne more red and irritated.
I used this product for a month and then decided to switch to the Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser (<3) which soothed my irritated skin. I now use this as a wash for my makeup brushes.
I think this would be more suitable for people who have extremely oily skin and do not have sensitive skin.

on 3/1/2010 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this face wash. I have really oily, acne prone skin. This product not only controls oil, but also prevents acne. I've also noticed that it made my old acne scars fade and finally go away, so it has become my HG face wash now!

But, I'd definitely ask people with dry skin to stay away from this as it's quite drying. Also, it isn't very efficient in removing dirt, so toner is a must (I'm deducting a lippy for that).

All-in-all, its a good product for people with oily and acne-prone skin.

on 2/12/2010 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It would be better if it comes with pump bottle, I just don't like to squeeze the liquid upside down.
It feels clean and refreshing after I use it, but a bit irritating my eyes so I avoid that. Price is not bad compare to other cleanser so will buy again~
Edit: after using it for a month, it actually eliminate the white head around my nose, but not really prevent pimple though. But generally does a great job for cleaning make up residues. So will add one more star for rating.

on 2/2/2010 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

its extreeeemely drying. after a month of using wid the toner my face was full of cystic acne (no redness or infection, just grains all over! :'( ...)
definitely not buyin it again!!....really disappointed wid body shop for using such harsh products!!....

on 1/28/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this helps to remove most of your makeup,
but did NOTHING to my acne. Made my skin really dry and broke me out.
DO NOT BUY THIS!
save your money and get cethaphil or something!!

on 1/25/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this.

Pros- makes your face feel fresh
cleans face

Cons- does not do anything for the treatment of spots
drying
made my face red

maybe it's just too harsh on my skintone

on 1/24/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This did get my face really clean, but did nothing for my acne. the bottle was kind of a hassle in the shower. The smell is refreshing and it comes with a lot of product so it lasted me for atleast two months. i wouldn't re purchase though.

on 1/20/2010 8:25:00 AM

I think it's a very nice every day product, to use in the mornings because :

1: It makes my face fell SO FRESH!!
2: You can really fell how the oil is being washed away!
3: It is a TOTALLY CUTE bottle, that can be placed at the front!

Overall I thinks it's a perfect MORNING product :'D I reccomend another product to use at night, because it dosen't deeply cleans..

on 1/15/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I would not say, that this product made me break out, but I never had as much pimples than in the time I used it. Therefore it at least did nothing against them. I give 2 points since there are products worse than that, but its on the verge to 1 point. Do not buy.

on 1/12/2010 10:31:00 PM

I have dry skin and this only made it worse. I bought the whole line thinking it will get rid of my acne (which I don't really have all THAT much but I always have some pimples on my face and it's never perfectly clear and flawless) but it did nothing for it. Granted, it cleaned my face nicely so I can't hate it completely. When I use the whole line it makes my face burn and bright red for a while and my skin was ashy and flakey even after using their lotion