Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

on 10/27/2007 1:35:00 PM

I really like this, but I marked its overall rating down due to its poor staying power. I was really surprised by how much I like this perfume. I typically gravitate towards heavier fragrances... Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Fracas are among my favorites, and this is very different. I really don't smell irises... but I don't particularly care for the scent of irises! so if I hadn't received a sample, I wouldn't have purchased this.

on 10/22/2007 10:03:00 PM

I am in love with this scent. It does not smell florally at all to me - not sure why. I never purchase floral products and have a penchant for spicy, musky scents. I purchased the body lotion and will buy the perfume as soon as I can find it. It was backordered at Neiman's. It is very subtle and feminine. I only write reviews if I feel strongly about a product, and I do about this.

on 10/17/2007 3:31:00 PM

Infusion d'Iris falls into what I would call the "ideal office fragrance" category. It's a very light and inoffensive clean scent. I'm not a huge fan of iris, but this iris is very faint and isn't metallic or earthy. It reminds me of a combination of Apres l'Ondee and Petits et Mamans.

on 10/16/2007 1:19:00 PM

A few days ago I sprayed a bit edp Infusion on my wrist when I was in a perfume store. "Nothing special" I thought. More like an averige, 13 in a dozen- kinda smell!!
But how wrong I was... a few hours later I had to sniff my arm constantly, I loved it. It reminds me of the linen closet (cupboard?) of my grandmother, a clean, cosey and warm smell. I bought a bottle the next day!
Some people discribe this as a light perfume but I don't agree. This is indeed not a Here I Am-perfume, but it's very noticable in a subtile, classy way. I recognize also a leathery note in it, at the beginning. It's also very longlasting: I sprayed it on this morning at 7.30 and can still notice the fragrance, and it's 12 hours later!
Prada: I love this fragrance. Hope that not too many people will buy this (sounds strange:)) because I like my perfume to be special and exclusive. Nowadays 3 of the 5 women in the office wear Mademoiselle Coco, and you can allready smell them when you enter the building!! Sad but true.

on 10/15/2007 1:52:00 PM

This perfume is more on the light side, compared to the other Prada's on the market. There's something incredibly artificial for me, I cannot put my finger down on it. It reminds me of some Chanel fragrances and I do detect a powdery scent to it, with some anise and iris flower. It just seemed like a really old fragrance. My best friend loves this perfume, she swears by it, but I found it rather dull.

on 10/7/2007 8:47:00 PM

very nice, quietly elegant, clean & sexy. A wee bit floral, a wee bit spice but so very, very nice. its not heady or cloying or in your face. immediate reaction from dh was very nice. This scent is beauiful but expensive. i am considering this to be my newfound hg. will update...

on 10/5/2007 11:09:00 AM

This smells nice. It has a very floral aspect to it but also smells crisp and almost of baby powder (which I normally hate in a fragrance). I can't believe how much I like it.

on 10/4/2007 3:36:00 PM

I"m always avoiding iris fragrances because I grow bearded irises, and the iris that they use in perfume comes from the rhizome, ot the blossom. Iris flowers smell gorgeous, some have an anise-tinged scent, some smell like grape, but underneath it all they have the same, 'blue' musky scent. I've been searching forever for something liek it.
I received this as a sample from Nieman Marcus. I have to say, I reallllllly like it. It's the first 'iris' scent that even comes close to an iris FLOWER. maybe they did use some of the rhizome scent, but what i'm getting is a mixture of fresh green leaves, blue/purple flower, and some sort of faint spiciness. could be the perfumer's iris note, or what they are calling 'incense' on the notes list. it almost has a frankincense like qualitly. Anyway, the overall effect is very sweet, light and pleasing. ON me, a little goes a long way. I might have to purchase this.

This smells really really good. I think this is one of the best new fragrances to come out in a long time. I smell musk in this scent.

on 9/19/2007 9:00:00 PM

Gosh another one that makes me wonder why everyone is raving? I did not smell iris in this. I love Iris Silver Mist and Hiris. This is nothing like either one. To me it is just another department store thing, generic and nothing out of the ordinary.

Popular Fragrances