St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 5/3/2011 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well...I thought this product sounded great so I gave it a try....Wrong!!!!
It really broke me out badly. Large cystic pimples and not in the normal break out areas. I was so surprised....I kept going back to it to make sure this was what was causing the breakouts and it was for sure. Too bad, because I liked the feel of the scrub and smell of it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to say that I absolutely adore this product. I tried it by accident, actually. My mom had bought it and normally, I use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but I'd run out of that so I just decided to use a bit of my mom's Green Tea Scrub. I was honestly really surprised at the results. The texture of it isn't as rough as the Apricot Scrub, which makes it really easy to use everyday because it's not as harsh of an exfoliator. The scent of the scrub smells really fresh and clean. After I used it and washed it off, I got immediate results. My skin felt much softer and smoother. It's been a few weeks now and I use it every morning, and ever since then, my skin has much less breakouts, which is surprising for me because my skin is very acne-prone and difficult to control and clear up. The product also claims that it will reduce redness and for me, that definitely holds true because I can see that my skin tone has become more even and the redness has definitely decreased a lot. It also doesn't over-dry my skin too much either. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product and I'm a huge fan of every St. Ives product :)

on 4/21/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok so my face was breaking out pretty bad and i was DESPRATE for an acne wash or scrub that wouldn't break me out so i tried this because it was very cheap and i didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that wouldn't work. By the next day i saw some impressive reasults. This was about a year ago and it still works till this day. It is the only thing i will use. I definitely recommend.

after using my st ives apricot scrub for ages, i decided to try a different st ives scrub, and i chose this one because of the green tea quality it claims, the salicylic acid for acne, and the fact that it's a scrub.
i've only ever used the apricot scrub, so i didn't know if the exfoliating beads were supposed to be like they were. it took some time getting used to, but it works.
the only why i didn't give this perfect score is because, it's probably just me, but i personally didn't like the smell, even though the scrub worked wonders.
but i will buy again

on 4/21/2011 1:35:00 AM

Great gentle scrub. No irritating ingredients. Very fine grain, no shells either. I love this scrub, one of the best ive ever used. I mix it with my cleanser a few times a week. Rinses clean with no residue.Good job St. IVES! One to buy over and over!

on 4/17/2011 5:46:00 PM

This is my HG scrub, it doesn't contain rigid walnut shells as it's exfoliants like the St. Ives apricot scrubs do, so no micro tearing of your delicate facial skin will occur from using this product. It has small, but very effective exfoliating beads since there is a concentrated amount of them. Smells fantastic, and has salicylic acid to help with breakouts. I also use the Green Tea cleanser with this, and those two products have really transformed my once flakey skin into smooth radiant skin! Love it!

on 4/11/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I saw all the great reviews for St. Ives scrubs here at MUA so I bought a few sample sizes to see which one I liked the best, and this was it! It's very finely milled -- the first time I used it plain on dry skin and didn't realize how powerful it was -- I pretty much rubbed my face raw in a very short time! But now I use it regularly, it works great. I like it a lot better than the grainier scrubs, it gives me a much better and quicker dermabrasion with less scrubbing. It's very mild and doesn't dry my skin out -- but I almost always use my scrubs along with CeraVe hydrating cleanser which helps with any dryness. I have phymatous rosacea, which causes my skin to build up excess tissue daily, it's really noticeable when I wake up in the morning, so I use this every morning before applying my makeup to decrease the puffiness and large pores, and often at night when I remove my makeup, too. I actually prefer it to my Clarisonic, it dermabrades my skin just as well but is quicker and easier to use.

on 4/10/2011 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just started using this scrub recently. I love it! I love the texture of it, the exfoliants are quite finely milled, which is great for me- most scrubs really irritate my skin. This one doesn't at all. It has a pleasant smell and is quite affordable. I'll buy it again!

on 4/7/2011 8:31:00 PM

Pros:
-Can use it everyday
-Surprisingly minimized hormonal breakouts. I only broke out in 2 pimples using this stuff - I usually break out with 6 or 7 on my upper lip and chin right before my period.
-Love love love the smell and the packaging is nice.
-Very cheap
Cons:
-Drying to the skin so I apply this only to problem areas like my nose and around my mouth and chin.

This stuff hasn't left my skin perfect, but I have definitely seen an improvement. I would repurchase for sure.

on 4/2/2011 6:20:00 AM

So at the age of 47 I still get pimples! I was looking for a fine texture scrub with salicylic acid to combat the occasional breakout and clogged pores. This fits the bill perfectly. I use it once or twice a week and a tube would last me ages. It definitely helps refine my pores. I like the texture and it doesn't irritate my skin in any way. Personally I wuold probably find it too drying to use every day, but then again I don't need to use it every day.
Edit: The more I use it the more I like it. It doesn't dry out or irritate my skin in any way and I am now using it every second day. It does a great job of keeping my pores clear and getting rid of any flakes.

Popular Scrubs