MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 5/30/2003 9:26:00 AM

This was my first MAC buy years ago and my staple for many years. It is a rose YLBB, and perfect for every day. I have not used it for ages now, mainly because I am more into glosses.

on 5/16/2003 10:13:00 AM

This was recommended to me by the MA at the MAC counter. I have a hard time finding lipsticks I really like on myself but I really love this one. It's great when you want to wear lipstick but are playing up your eyes or just want a more natural look. I agree with the other reviews that it is kind of drying but I just through a lipgloss on top of it. I will definitely repurchase this one!

on 5/8/2003 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great basic...there's a reason this is one of their best sellers. It's a muted rosey-brown, very much a ylbb kind of color. Looks great on everyone I've tried it on. Would absolutely purchase again when I ran out.

on 4/28/2003 12:24:00 AM

Love the color, hate the dryness. I admit I have repurchased this one, and it's first cousin color-wise, Cosmo, b/c the opaqueness and longevity are so good. MAC is hard to beat when it comes to great color selection, but even these satin finish lipsticks leave alot to be desired moisture-wise.

on 4/27/2003 12:33:00 PM

The ultimate nude lipstick definitely YLBB on this LLL asian girl. I wear BB warm ivory and LM Warm Ivory. Knocked off one lipstick because on cold months my ultra dry lips chap. Perfect for tropical weather. People are never sure if I wear lipstick or not.

on 4/20/2003 4:07:00 AM

The perfect pinky brown, which looks natural on most. This is the first lipstick in my life that is about to see the end of the tube, which says a lot about it, for me at least. I wear it mostly layered under MAC Lipglass in C-Thru, because together, they give the ultimate nude lip. Some say it's drying, but I actually find the opposite to be true. Another beautiful way to wear it (and solve the dry lip problem) is to apply, blot, then dab a bit of vaseline or lip balm on top...it gives a natural rosy color to your lips.

on 4/17/2003 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

No wonder this is one of MAC's best sellers! A fabulous taupe/pink/brown colour with a matte finish. Oddly enough, on me it looks more taupe (I'm a PPP). On my friend, it looks really pink (she's a MMM).
This is a great neutral for just about anyone.

on 4/9/2003 11:40:00 PM

I bought this because I usually either wear glosses or darker, burgundy-ish reds. I wanted somehthing more neutral and natural. I tried a bunch of MAC colors before settling on this. It is a lovely pinkish-brown shade that is a My Lips But Better shade for me. I do agree with others that the texture is a bit drry, but this is a very polished looking, wearable shade that lasts forever on. Highly recommended.

on 3/18/2003 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This made me look old fashionedly rough. This shade combined with its dense creamy texture was a no-no. A pink with some brown to it. I thought it would be lovely, but I was terribly wrong. In a pink brown I need something sheer or shimmery. This was dry looking in texture, however I didn't leave it on long enough to see how it would wear. I like MACs lippies, but this one- I have to stay away from.

on 3/3/2003 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

"Twig" is supposedly the "Spice" of the MAC lipsticks, which looks good on almost everyone, and I have to agree. It is the satin formula, and of course has the famous nice pleasant MAC vanilla scent. Great lipstick and coverage.

Popular Lipsticks