Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe that this product got an overall rating of only 3.2 because I love this moisturizer so much. It has completely changed my skin for the better since I've started using it. I have sensitive combo skin that gets red and breaks out easily. After using this (along with the aveeno ultra-calming night cream), i've noticed how wonderful my skin looks. I don't break out anymore (except during my period), and my skin isn't blotchy anymore. I get compliments on how smooth and creamy my skin looks (b/c this product has spf15). B/c I have combination skin, I had a hard time finding the right moisturizer that I could use both on my oily t-zone as well as my super-dry cheeks. Other moisturizers would either exacerbate the oiliness of my forward and nose, or else they wouldn't moisturize my cheeks enough. After using this product, my cheeks are well hydrated, and I've noticed how my t-zone isn't oily anymore! In other words, using this product on my entire face has basically changed my combo skin to normal skin. I find that this product works for my skin during the winter and the summer. I love the packaging of this product (it's a pump, so it's more hygienic). Even though the bottle looks pretty small for the price, a lot goes a long way. I would say that one bottle lasts me AT LEAST 6 months. Other reviewers have complained about the smell, but in all honesty, I really like it (and i'm usually picky about smells!). I'm surprised that people find the smell offensive, because to me the scent is very light and pleasant. I highly, highly recommend this product for people who are acne-prone or who have combo skin.

on 5/31/2009 9:26:00 PM

You know what I find ironic? The fact this product is called Ultra Calming and it does just the opposite. Yes, it may be a great daily moisturizer, but once I wash it off, holy crap, there will be red patches around my face like I've just got some kind of horrible skin diseases. If I got lucky I would also get a few pimples as a bonus. Yeah...probably not gonna repurchase. Ever. Again.

on 5/23/2009 9:21:00 PM

Maybe I'm using a different product from every other reviewer here cause I've had a completely different experience! I absolutely love this lotion. It is very light, and has a soothing scent to it. It applies easily and seeps in fast (within 15s). My only complaint is that even when its been locked, the start of a squirt is slightly dried.

on 5/7/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely lightweight moisturizer that soaks well into my dry cheeks and takes only a little longer on my oily t zone. Has not made me break out unlike the other Aveeno postively radiant one. Only on day two so no noticeble change in redness of my cheeks yet but I will update at the end of the bottle and add a lippie if it does take the redness away. Another lippie off for the smell - once again of sunscreen which makes my eyes water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wanted an oil free moisturizer for my very aggravated, acne-prone skin. I used the night cream until I realized it was balling up on my skin. I didn't really like this lotion the first time I used it, and after using it for about a week, I still didn't like it. Firstly I like that it's thick, and not watery, but it still didn't moisturize enough for me. Also, I feel like the sunscreen in it made this lotion look incredibly white on my skin. It did have a slightly oily feel to it on my skin. But basically I just don't think it will do much for my skin at all: wasn't very moisturizing and make my skin look a bit chalky and bland. Since i'm having such good results with lush's fresh farmacy, I started using their vanishing cream moisturizer instead.

This lotion did not live up to my expectations. I thought it would be great -- natural ingredients, calms redness, and sun protection. It also claimed to be non-comeodogenic and oil-free...i can't dispute any of those claims, as i didn't use it for long enough to really be able to tell. i think it calmed some redness, but like i said, i didn't use for long enough to see a real change. The reason why i didn't use it for long was because it did not help combat any of my skins dryness at all! it didnt help control any flakes...it also stings a little bit. it smells nice, but the fragrance may irritate some with sensitive skin, so be aware of that. one time, i got a little bit of this lotion in my under-eye area, and it STUNG and left dry skin that just looked so gross and didnt go away for a few weeks, even with the miosturizer i use for my eye area. if it had at least helped my skin to not be flaky, i would say it was worth the price i paid of $18...if you have sensitive skin, i would say to use with caution, and know what your skin is sensitive to. i DONT even have sensitive skin, but my skin was sensitive to this lotion.

on 3/29/2009 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wonder why this moisturizer is getting some bad ratings, well no one product is perfect for everyone, I suppose.

I have to say, this is THE best drug store moisturizer EVER. I was reccomended the Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturier by a friend (which I use too, at night) who thought I might benefit from it. I thank her so often for reccomending this!

I use this in the mornings after I wash up. It's such a great, light-weight moisturizer. It definately has helped my blotchiness, and my redness. It has never once caused me to break out. It can feel slightly oily and look a bit oily at times, but it's not enough to bother me, really. It takes a little bit of time to fully absorb into my skin, but again, doesn't bother me.

There is a very distinct, floral smell.. But I think it's really nice and it's a light scent, not overwhelming, and scented things can sometimes bother me if I put them on my face. This scent doesnt bother me at all. I actually look forward to putting it on, it smells so nice!

If I could change one thing about this moisturizer, I would change the SPF to something a little higher than 15.

I am DEFINATELY buying again, and again.

on 3/21/2009 6:04:00 PM

I've been using my first bottle of this and I will not be buying this again.
This moisturizer does not moisturize well at all and it gives your skin a weird greasy layer.
It is said to be for dry/sensitive skin, but I don't see how this could work for people with dry skin as it has leaves me with dry patches on my skin - along with that grease.
Not good for oily t-zone.
I think this has even darkened my skin somewhat and has made my skintone quite uneven.

on 3/19/2009 9:20:00 PM

I seriously cannot live without this face lotion. I don't see why people don't like it, because I have never used a better lotion than this. It's SPF15, so it protects your face as well as moisturizes, and leaves your skin with a silky-smooth feeling. It is a little thick because of the sunblock in it, but it is worth it because it feels sooo good on dry skin, especially mine because I swim. I've never had a face lotion moisturize so well and the smell is very refreshing. :) It is a little pricey, but soo worth it!

on 3/19/2009 2:19:00 PM

I really like this stuff....it doesnt make me red and itchy like other moisturizers...ive only used it for 2 days so i dont know if it will reduce redness well...I wish the smell was more subtle....its very fragrant...its a pleasant smell but to me it should smell calming not like an energizing citrusy smell...it would probably make people beleive it was calming their skin if it smelled calming as well. I returned eucerin redness relief night creme and got this instead, much better deal to me and hope it works ill update later if i have any new thoughts. also love the pump bottle. It was 18 for this bottle ( 4 ounces) and the eucerin was 16 dollars for like 1.7 ounces

Popular Moisturizers