Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 3/17/2012 3:19:00 AM

If I could've given this a 4.5 I would have, but only because I haven't used this for very long, but I rounded up because honestly after only 4 days of using this product the dry spots on my cheeks have drastically been smoothed down (and no break outs/sensitivity/redness on my sensitive,oily,acne-prone skin). I've been searching for the best moisturizer for a long long time now and have tried almost everything in the drug store (Olay, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear) and nothing has done a better job at hydrating my problem areas and improving my overall complexion than this product! Olay leaves my face feeling oily (maybe because of the sunscreen) and after it dries my dry patches were not gone. This product goes on smooth and has no oily, white pastey SPF, which is ok for me because my foundation has SPF in it, and this moisturizer WORKS. My face doesn't get oily or feel oily, in fact it feels refreshed and soft! even my trouble spots. Over time my skin has improved in softness which actually really surprised me! After using it once I was really skeptical because this has been a part of a long chain of returns and exchanges at the drug store, until I found this one! I wasn't expecting this to work on my patches. And honestly, it didnt work COMPLETELY the very first time, but i could tell it was better than anything else I've tried. And after a few days of using this morning and night the patches are completely gone, no more makeup building up in those spots! I love the gel consistency it really gets absorbed quickly into your skin and you can apply more to the areas that need it most without it bulking up and just smearing around. All in all, I think I can finally stop my parade of exchanges at Rite Aid, this one's a keeper for sure!

on 3/10/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Blessing for those of us with oily skin living in warmer climate. I had given up on finding a non-oily moisturizer - even those marked with 'for oily' skin make me oily. Not this one - it indeed is cooling and refreshing. I think I am going to want to bathe in it once the temp starts rising.

on 3/10/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is what happens when I give in to temptation and end up with a zit.. applied this in the evening and by 11 pm, saw this this huge zit forming.. immediately washed this off my face eeek. Will never touch this stuff...did feel wonderful when applying , didn't make my skin greasy or oily feeling. Yet it did fail in the breaking out my skin department.

on 3/9/2012 7:17:00 PM

I've been using this for about a week and I love it. It's very different. When I first used it, it didn't feel very moisturizing and I was disappointed. I used it at night right after cleansing, it went on nice and smooth and absorbed nicely but my skin didn't have that "creamy" feeling and I thought it wouldn't work. But then in the morning I noticed my skin was still nice and soft, so I kept using it. What I notice is that my skin just feels more "normal". It feels balanced. I have combo skin with an oily t-zone but dry patches and sometimes small flare ups of eczema. With this product, I've noticed that my skin never gets that real dry feeling and there's been no flakes or patches at all. I am very impressed. It takes a bit of getting used to because when I get dry skin I usually use an intense or oily moisturizer or balm. This feels much lighter than other creams (it's a true gel, not creamy) but it really keeps my skin hydrated all day. Which I've never found in any other cream, I always need to reapply eventually. I definitely recommend this gel cream, I paid about 8 dollars at Target for I think 2 ounces (or close to it).

on 2/26/2012 8:38:00 AM

I only gave this 4 stars (not 5) because there really is no anti-aging in here. I do LOVE this product though. I love the way it feels on my fae. It is not greasy and sinks right in leaving it as smooth as a baby's bottom. I have very sensitive skin and alot of products break me out so I am always hesitant to try new products. But with the cost of this being so inexpensive, I thought I would give it a try. I have been using it in the morning and at night for about 2 weeks now and love it. I love putting it on. I think I read another post where is says it is a "drink of water for your face." And that is probrably the best way to sum it up. I will definatly buy this product again!

on 2/25/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry skin and a day after using this product it left my skin soft and quite moisturized. It is not greasy and it is easy to apply. It also leaves your skin feeling refreshed and cool. I use this product in the morning under makeup and at night before I go to bed. It also comes in a cute little glass bottle and it's a pretty good product overall.

on 2/24/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I only gave this moisturizer 3 lippies because it doesn't really moisturize my skin. In fact, it makes it a bit drier. Usually, my combination skin leans oily as the day goes on. However, I have noticed this year that is now leaning dry and experiencing flakes on my forehead and cheeks. I never had dry skin before maybe it's an age thing or being winter time. I usually skip moisturizer because I either breakout from them or they clog up my pores. Some even cause redness and a skin reaction. This moisturizer doesn't bother my skin at all which I do love. I also enjoy the cool sensation of the gel texture in this and that it sinks into the skin nicely without leaving any residue. I also like using this moisutrizer before applying makeup. However, it's just not that great for my needs.

on 2/24/2012 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this to mix it with retina A, that way it is not as drying. I told my dermatologist and he thought that was a good idea. And it works perfect that way, to reduce the effect of the retina A's drying.
I put a drop on the back of my hand and a drop of the reitna A and mix and then apply, wherever you use it.
I don't mind is a gel and that it comes in a pot.
But I use so little of it that I don't know if it will go bad before I use it up.
I didn't give it a 5 "lips" because I am not really using it for its intended purpose so I cannot speak to that.
Price is average.

on 2/21/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have oily skin and I found this to be alright for me. Granted my skin had much oil break through later on in the day, but not as much as with other moisturizers. I love the coolness when it is applied. It has not broke me out and that's a plus. Overall its decent only four puppies cause of the price. I mean it is a drug store brand and the jar is okay but when I get to the end I am gonna have to dig around the bottom cause I am gonna get my money's worth.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

First off I just want to say that I am very anti-Garnier after the havoc that some of their products wreaked on my hair last year. But after hearing some good feedback about their skincare line and getting a $3 off coupon in the mail, I reluctantly decided to give this moisturizer a chance. Considering that I've gone through two jars of this already, I think its safe to say that it's a pretty great moisturizer, particularly for very oily skin like mine. I have to say this is a decent alternative to the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, although the Clinique is definitely richer in texture and feels better on the skin (the Garnier has a very watery feel). But I find after 5 minutes or so they have the same effect and feel on my face. The Garnier is nice because it's only about $6 and there are always a ton of Garnier coupons available, so you'll never actually have to pay full price. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't feel greasy or oily. Given the texture and the wear, I think this would be great for under makeup because it sinks into the skin very quickly and gives a nice almost matte finish. One thing I would caution, even for oily skinned girls like myself, is that this may not be a great moisturizer to use in the winter months. I started using this in September and loved it, but I've found over the last month to two months that my skin has been feeling drier, particularly at night when I use this. I've taken to using my Cerave lotion more often than this Garnier because I just don't feel like it gives my skin the relief that it needs from the cold winter weather. So I probably won't repurchase this right away, but I'll definitely come back to it around April or May once it starts to warm up and my skin starts to even out again. But overall this is pretty great and I'm quite happy that I gave it a chance.

Popular Moisturizers