Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/27/2012 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Yep. I found you! Perfection in the form of a 2.99 eyeshadow. This is THE perfect, simple, "I'm wearing makeup but I didn't try too hard" palette. Lid color = amazing, crease color = fantastic, browbone color = wear it almost every day regardless of the shadow. I just really love this little trio, if I could only ever have one WNW trio it would be this one!

on 9/27/2012 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes. Oh my, yes. The colors look beautiful all blended together, but for me, the crease color is really the most coveted color in the collection. It works BEAUTIFULLY in my crease. It blends, it stays, it's beautiful. I can't believe WNW makes such great products. I will be buying forever and ever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing. Now, I won't go too far as comparing it to higher-end products, but it's up there with them in a way. The pigmentation exceeded my expectations; I don't think I would have expected it from a brand that's not only in a drugstore, but offered very cheap as well. I first saw reviews on these on temptalia[dot]com and I said to myself, hmm I have to try these someday. Well, Walking On Eggshells caught my eye for several reasons:

1) It has 3 shades that would perfectly for any look.
2) It was about $3 + tax
3) The name was reminiscent of a Christina Aguilera song I love; Stronger Than Ever

The first time I used the palette, I was going for a Lana Del Ray look - that's the reason I bought it. I wanted to do something neutral with a crease that was sharply defined by a brown shade. When I let the hairs of my brush touch the BROWBONE shade (a light, shimmery, ivory color), the color started to crush and there was fall out all over the palette. I thought to myself, "WHAT?", but really, what would you expect of something so cheap? Not to say it is poorly made because it isn't, but it's not GREAT. Anyway, I use this shade a highlight for EVERYTHING. It's that great. I prefer it than the highlight shades in the Naked palette because really, they do nothing for me. The CREASE color is amazing. It's a warm brown that has a sort of gold sheen to it. I use this on the lid, in the crease, to contour, it's that great. It's not that opaque, but it works for me. It just takes some patience and layering to get the color you want, but really, it's a great shade. The EYELID shade, a neutral pink with an unbelievable sheen to it, looks gorgeous on the cheeks. Can you tell just how multi-purpose this palette is?! The pink shade is very nice, true to color, but just as powdery as the highlight shade. If I swatch it with my fingers, it's fine. If I dip my brush into the shades, there's powder everywhere. When I smell the eyeshadows, I smell talc in the eyeshadows. It isn't too strong, so it's not bad enough to affect the quality of the product. Lastly, I just wanted to point out that these shades are buttery, sort of like the Urban Decay shadows in the Naked Palette. You can use the palette for other uses as I mentioned.

on 9/19/2012 4:14:00 PM

Crazy in love with this trio. Sin by Urban Decay is my go-to colour when I just want a neutral easy eye and unfortunately I hit major pan on it in my Naked Palette and couldn't justify paying full price for a single. The eyelid shade in this is almost an exact dupe and I actually find it a little easier to work with that the Urban Decay one! I couldn't be more thrilled. I accidentally dropped and shattered mine and was so devastated until I realized that I only paid $3! Just went and grabbed another one. I also love the other shades in this. It's just perfect for an every day look. I will buy this over and over again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This palette is completely worth all the hype it receives. Every color in this trio is a MAC dupe, which is a great plus in my book because not all of us have 16$ to spend per single MAC eyeshadow. This is a brilliant find for us bargain shoppers who like to save as much money as we can but obviously are still looking for a high quality product. These shades are such beautiful colors, highly pigmented, and blend like a dream. Wet N Wild has always been one of my favorite drugstore brands and remains so because they deliver so many inexpensive high quality products such as this one, and for 2.99$ it makes this product even sweeter. I love using this for everyday, as a highlight, and mix and matching with my other expensive and inexpensive eye-shadows alike. This is such a versatile product, I love it.

on 9/19/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Where I live, this costs around $7.59 so I am very wary of which shades I pick though I know that WnW eyeshadows are top notch quality. I chose this because this was highly recommended by emilynoel83 on YT as an everyday sort of palette. The browbone shade borders on a slightly creamy white jampacked with shimmer; I found this to be good in the browbone but I did have to tone it down with some matte eyeshadow because it was almost metallic on my skin tone. I also put it in my tearduct but, man, do I regret it. On my skin tone, it completely washed me out. So for me it's a strictly browbone/arch shade. The crease color is my favorite of the three, which is a very subtle light brown with just that right amount of shimmer. On my skin tone, I can also see wearing it as an all-over lid type color. The actual lid color is this pretty pearly light pink that actually works on my skin tone I think (if I remove the browbone shade from the inner corner). I would buy this again if I ran out, since this quickly gets sold out, but not to stock up.

on 9/16/2012 5:30:00 PM

I am just so amazed at how great a $3 palette is. I've heard so much hype about this trio and with the price i had to try it. The colors are so beautifully pigmented that i would pay what i paid for the naked palette for this. It's definitly worth a try if you haven't yet.

on 9/16/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this, especially the top color. I use it for a highlight, and an all over lid color. Today I dropped this palette and it cracked, i lost all of the colors except the highlight :( Be careful with the wet n wild palettes, they don't travel well, luckily they're cheap.

on 9/12/2012 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 1 ($2.96 CAN)

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

------------------------------------------

I bought this trio because everyone's been talking about it. I love neutral colours, so I gravitated towards it instantly. The colours are beautiful, wearable, and shimmery, so it's great to brighten the eyes. If you don't like shimmer, you won't like these.

I have no problem with creasing or fall out, so for me, it's great. And the fact that I can pick up one of these palettes for less than $3, is even better!

on 9/6/2012 8:47:00 PM

I really love this eyesahdow! Overall, I'm very impressed by this product's pigmentation, and it doesn't crease for hours! I consider this MAC quality for only $2. I can't wait to buy more palettes!