L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

I looooooveeee this mascara.I use it mostly when I dont wear any eye make-up and want my eyelsahes to pop out.It makes em sooo much longer and curls them without me using an eyelash curler. It gives me that dramatic look as if I were wearing false eyelashes (wich i totally love). The only thing I dont like about it is that it doesnt thicken my lashes wich is something I really look for in mascaras.The lashblast thickens my lashes wich is why I love that mascara too. But this one makes it super long. It works.You just have to know how to apply it too.My mom tried this and it didnt work for her.hint:I know how she applies mascara and Im pretty sure thats why it didnt work for her.She didnt apply it right. This mascara is awesome and I am so going to repurchase everytime I run out.I have two mascaras that I know for a fact I repurchase everytime I run out and this is one of them.Its so wonderful!!!!

on 2/15/2009 2:24:00 AM

I like the concept of tube mascara in general - sometimes you just want to be able to do a makeup 'quick change' (say you're removing makeup at the gym) and not have to fuss with removing your mascara and making a mess. Previously I used the spendy Kiss Me mascara by Blinc (I think it's up to $27 now? vs. ~$8ish) and I don't like that HALF as much as this one.

Beauty Tubes has a primer + mascara configuration - which really does do a great job of volumizing and lengthening the lashes (especially for a tube mascara - it's not their strong suit). Plus it rinses clean. I take off my makeup with an oil cleanser and then just wipe off the little tubes. It won't smudge a BIT during the day. REALLY. No smudges. And it "hardens" enough to maintain a curl without looking too stiff. It has a glossy finish and doesn't tend to clump. Doesn't bother my contact lenses.

Actually, I'm so pleased with it, I've started wearing this as my primary mascara (not just when I know I'll be going to the gym later). I'd choose something else for a nighttime mascara for extra drama, but for daily wear, this one's great.

on 2/10/2009 11:32:00 PM

I like this product a lot, I really do. It helps my tiny eyelashes get the attention they deserve, and the black mascara part goes great with the white primer. The white begins to tube immediately after being applied, as already mentioned in a review, and the black applies smoothly over it. I have never had any troubles with flaking, and it holds a curl extremely well. I believe that the tube hardens just enough to keep those eyelashes curled upward the entire day, and I've never had any flaking or allergies to this product. I would definitely recommend buying this one, even though it is a bit pricey, ($7.99 at a local drugstore). It definitely can compare to the high-brands, and I do believe I have finally found my HG!

on 2/8/2009 7:06:00 PM

I like this. I really, really like this. Prior to this, I used Guerlain Le 2, which I liked quite a lot - it was fairly smudge resistant, and easy to wash off. Well, this is better and 1/3rd the price!

I initially resisted buying this, even when it was on sale for $7.99 at CVS because of the low rating and reviews on MUA. However, I eventually ran out of makeup, and I needed a mascara - so I took a chance with this mascara, and I'm glad I did! There is a bit of a learning curve with this mascara (the formula is quite different from that of a traditional mascara) but it's truly fantastic. I don't mind spending $$$ on a good mascara, but this mascara makes it not necessary for me to.

I think a lot of the problems people have with this mascara is due to not reading the directions on the back (and I don't blame ya - I mean, it's a frikkin' mascara. Really, who bothers to read the directions?) The trick to this mascara is that it has to be applied quickly, without allowing the layers to dry in between. When applying the primer, do it in quick short strokes (no 'wiggling' between the lashes) and then immediately flip the wand to the black side, and repeat on the same eye. Normally, I would use one side on both eyes first, then the other on both, but doing it that would would allow the mascara to dry, and you would end up applying layers upon layers of tubes, which can get spiky and clumpy... naturally, giving you an unattractive result.

I really love that this mascara is a *tubing* mascara, which I find to be incredibly cool. Both sides of the mascara will tubify, actually - I usually wear just the black end of the mascara (no primer) because it's quicker, but the primer gives me more volume and makes the mascara slightly easier to remove at the end of the day on days I feel like spending a little extra time on my mascara. I have short, thin lashes. After applying this mascara, my lashes aren't blow-me-away kind of incredible, but they do look pretty darn good.They don't look like false eyelashes, but they do look full and dark, but natural.

I think removal is the strongest part of this mascara. Prior to this, I used Lash Blast Waterproof, and that required a cleansing oil to remove fully. This just requires some hot water, and I think the little black fibers/strings coming off my lashes are actually kinda nifty. (My boyfriend thinks it's terrifying, though.) True to its tubing nature, I get absolutely NO smudging or running with mascara, and no flaking. I curl my eyelashes every day, and this is decent on curl. However, I canNOT use this with the primer on wet lashes, especially if I'm fresh out of the shower. The primer weighs down the lashes a bit, and will wilt the curl, but since I usually don't use the primer, the black end of the mascara is light enough to hold the curl, but again, tubifies to give me length in volume. I can't complain. I like this mascara quite a lot, and can see myself repurchasing this and having it become a staple. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I SOOOOOO wish that this product came in a brown or lighter. I am a very fair-skinned person but use this anyway because I love it. You have to get used to how the 'tubes' work, but it's worth it for the price. $10, compared to $25 for Dior Show? Works for me! And I have sensitive eyes, so it's great that this doesn't flake off during the day. I even slept in it once and woke up with perfect eyelashes. I just hope Loreal makes it in lighter shades sometime soon.

on 2/7/2009 6:17:00 PM

Looove this mascara. I really debated giving it a try, but I'm so happy I did. I have very average lashes, but this mascara makes my lashes look fabulous. I do find the case to be a bit clunky, but overall the mascara works. Now if it just curled, it would be out of this world.

on 2/6/2009 9:54:00 PM

My friend recommended this mascara as a cheaper alternative to my favorite Japanese mascaras (Imju Fiberwig & Majolica Majorca Lash Gorgeous Wing). Too bad Beauty Tubes (BT) doesn't work well because it is cheaper. I don't like having to use a base coat for longer lashes when my regular mascaras can do the same without having to use a base coat. This mascara uncurls my lashes after application right after curling them! So my lashes end up looking spiky. I will not purchase this one again. The only good thing about this mascara is that they are tubes that can be washed off with warm water. However, Fiberwig is also a tube mascara doesn't make my lashes spiky for only a few dollars more.

on 2/3/2009 8:35:00 PM

I really love this mascara! I have always had racoon eyes in the morning if I slept with mascara on. Now, it is so nice not to have to use a load of baby oil to remove my eye makeup. It comes off so easy and gives me quite a bit more lash due to the tubes. You just have to make sure and lather on the primer, then you barely have to use the actual mascara. I also was not using enough primer at first, so I was getting some clumps, but like I said, use the primer and a lot of it, and that takes care of the clumps. If I need to retouch my makeup later, I just use the eyelash curler and that is all I need. Will be buying this again, although the price is not that great. I think I paid $9.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara! I had my heart broken by Blinc's Kiss me when it would not build to a thick looking lash at all, even with the primer. And I hated that dinky brush. But this mascara had a good build able primer, thick brush, and build able mascara.

The Result? Thickening and lengthening. Ta Da!

To remove I got sick or bending over the sink splashing my self with warm water, so I get a wash cloth wet with warm water and let is sit on my eyes for about a minute. Very relaxing, and the mascara falls right off after.

Update: The mascara dried up and the primer didn't. There is still mascara in there, lots of it, but it is hard as a rock!

on 2/3/2009 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this yesterday and I love it! It's always hard for me to find mascara that hits all the right notes (volume, length, no smudging) but this hits it pretty close.

Before I always stuck to Maybelline Volum' Express, but it was such a pain to get off that I tried this just to see if it worked.

It doesn't give the fullness of the Volum' Express, but I think it's worth switching just for the ease of removal.

Popular Mascaras