Thierry Mugler Alien

3.7

on 4/4/2009 2:21:00 PM

I would actually give this a 4.5 - I like it a lot. It's like a deep dark-ish yet slightly fruity and sweet jasmine that is still utterly wearable, unlike many deep and jasmine scents. Very sexy and feminine.

on 3/19/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I can only say the only scent I hate more than this is Angel.. I know everyone loves it but im sorry, these both just smell like creepy old incense to me!

on 3/19/2009 7:33:00 PM

Love this perfume. So unique and mysterious. You cant really put your finger on the exact notes, but its a mix of loveliness. The scent remains consistant throughout the day. Mugler's perfumes are crafted wth the best ingredients and the most stunning bottles. All around: gorgeous and sophisticated. Go to Nordstroms and they will give you a sample spritz bottle!

on 3/19/2009 6:47:00 PM

my absolute favourite perfume of all time! Everytime I wear it friends ask what it is and then end up buying it themselves.
It lasts forever on the skin so no need to respray but is very strong so take it easy.
such a unique scent that is unlike anything else out there at the moment.

on 2/1/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the smell and concept of Alien. This is a deep floral fragrance with some green notes. I do think of the color purple when I smell this. As good as this smells, I'm not sure if I need a full bottle. I'll probably purchase this someday but it's not at the top of my list. Cool bottle.
Edit July 30, 2009 - I retried Alien and it really is gorgeous and there's nothing else like it. Plus I love the concept of the refillable bottle. I've changed my rating from 4 to 5 lippies and a bottle of Alien will soon be mine.
Edit Oct 26, 2009 - I've been wearing Alien for the past month and just love it. Will be getting my bottle refilled over and over again.

on 1/18/2009 8:03:00 PM

I always though I would hate Alien because I absolutely despise Angel. I was wrong! A friend started wearing this and I just fell in love and was surprised it was Alien. Luckily, she bought the refillable for my birthday!
This does not smell powdery on me at all thankfully. Its dewy, definitely grapey and so unique, totally gorgeous!

on 12/28/2008 1:00:00 PM

This is one of the most awful scents I have ever smelled. If you like very strong, powdery, musky smells, then this is for you. If you like clean, light, scents, then stay far away from this one. As soon as I put it on it was extremely strong and I hoped it dried down to something lighter - it didn't. It is such a pungent mix of sweet, cheap powder and musk, that it gave me a huge headache. I gave this one away. For those of you who actually like this and wear it - please - have pity on those around you and put it on lightly. It is horrific!! Retails for $72 for a 1 oz. spray.

on 12/26/2008 12:09:00 PM

this smell is amazingggg! i got this as a giftset with the lotion and it also came in a nice gold vanity box. I just cant get enough of the smell, i am usually in to fruity and floral fragrances but this one is so unique and it lasts for ages! this has got to be one of my best fragrances.

on 12/25/2008 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! My boyfriend bought this for me as a little gift. I dont think in a million years I would have bought this for myself, purely because I hated Angel and I have hated Theirry Mugler's male fragrances as well.
This is lovely though. Its the first fragrance I have used that people actually ask what I am wearing. Its quite a strong smell so I spritz in the air and walk through once. The smell lingers all day and I find it gets better the longer I have worn it.
At first it starts off as a really sharp scent but after a few minutes it settles to a really musky, powdery scent. Its very similar to Paul Smith London I think...but better...way better! Its very unique. Sometimes I feel perfumes all smell the same or very similar but Alien totally suits its name!

on 12/18/2008 2:56:00 PM

Where to begin? I received this fragrance as a gift from my SO, who no doubt had a chance encounter with the strange and mysterious bottle while headed to Thierry Mugler's section of the perfume counter to refill my depleted stock of Angel for Christmas. This is not something I would ever have chosen for myself. That being said, I am so happy that my guy gave me the chance to experience it on anything other than a test strip because it is absolutely beautiful. It is indescribable. It does smell of grapes and either nail polish or hairspray but you will not smell those notes for what they are, unless you seek them out; it also smells of a jasmine (the sambac) which is not floral but seems to be a lighter, liquid, powdery version of itself. The solar notes DO smell solar; I don't know what they are, only that they are so different and smell of the wet asphalt after a rain, perhaps? Dusty and new? How else can one describe them? And the amber is just enough to warm everything up and make it the perfect winter scent. I am an oriental, gourmand girl but this is a "floral" that I can actually wear and in fact, usually choose over my vast collection of (mostly winter) fragrances. It is soooo different from anything out there that I just fell in love with it after an hour of wearing it on my skin. The bottle is at times, the best perfume bottle I've ever seen. At other times, it annoys me by being the weirdest perfume bottle I've ever seen. Whatever it is, it's unique. I've received nonstop compliments on this scent while wearing it, mostly from women in their twenties and thirties, and a few men as well. My mother hates it; she says it left the smell of cigars in her car and house after my visit; all the more reason to love it! Ha ha! It's a keeper. You will probably smell a bunch of familiar notes but most likely, you will be at a loss for a description of the perfume as a whole. Though the fragrance is classified as a soft floral, and while I would agree with the softness, there is nothing, to my nose, floral about it. Give it a try. It needs skin, not a paper test strip, on which to develop its other-worldly awesomeness.

Popular Fragrances