The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/20/2005 9:40:00 AM

These are great if you use them in between other products. I think they smell great and look nice on, but they give a yucky taste in your mouth. They work well if you use them in moderation, alone they actually have a drying effect on me. I have used Raspberry, Strawberry, Watermelon, Cranberry, Peach and Mango and Passionberry. My favourite was probably Watermelon because it was creamy, smelt nice and worked a little better than the other flavours!

on 9/8/2005 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Didn't like these at all. Made my lips feel very dry. Lovely smells,though.

I think that this lip balm smells wonderful, but as far as moisturizing goes, it doesn't do that great of a job.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This does absolutley nothing for my lips.They do actually get dryer/irritated after putting this on! And my lips aren´t dry at all before applying this! But when doing so it get ahhhhh...BAD! Must be because it contains lanolin :-/ !! And how icky with a lip balm in a pot such as this. Imagine all the bacteria growth in this, as you stick your fingers in it, without washing hands before *Yuack* !!! That`s really discusting!!! But I`m really nice now, giving this 1 lippy for the lovely scent & taste of "Mango Peach"!

UPDATE 26/1/09 : Now I've bought the whole range of the *newer* Born Lippy Lip Balms. **Wohooo : They have changed the formula**. And it is now YUM YUM devine. The scents are all lovely exept "Mango Peach" & "Satsuma" which i dislike a lot. but hte others LOVEEE! so THANK U Body Shop for changing the formula. Frpn 1 lippie to 5! WOW !!!

on 8/31/2005 10:22:00 PM

They are OK, but they arent very moisturizing and can dry out your lips. Smells nice, but I wish that they didnt change the pots they came in :( they were much nicer with the real fruit pictures on them!

on 8/29/2005 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love these lip balms.I have Raspberry,Strawberry and Mango/Peach.They smell beautiful,taste sweet and aren't sticky.My fave is the Strawberry.It would be good if they were in a squeeze tube instead of a pot-it's annoying getting it on my fingers every time I apply it.

on 8/27/2005 12:38:00 AM

Fantastic !! Using this creamy Born Lippy Lip Balm, you'll never feel chapped again!! It moisturize your lips with great fruit smell.

on 8/18/2005 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product has turned me off the Body Shop forever. Somewhere between the overly strong scent and the alergic reaction it hit me that I would never use one of these lip balms again.

on 8/17/2005 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been buying The Body Shop's 'born lippy' in various flavors since they first came out. My favorite is strawberry (tinted, no shimmer) and satsuma (tinted, shimmery). Though their colors fade very quickly, the smell is fantastic and makes them fun to use. Admittedly, they are not the most moisturizing lip balms and reapplication is a must, but the quality is surprisingly better than some expensive brands (i.e. Murad). I'd always stock up on these when TBS has a sale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really love these lip glosses. I have several shades. They're super shiny and they really condition your lips. My only real complaint is that, with all pot lip glosses, it's not very sanitary. Unfortunatley, one of the lip glosses, I think it was pomegranate or passion fruit, offended my best friends. I believe her exact words were, "Oh my god, it smells like dirt!" But she's nuts so buy one today!

Popular Lip Treatments