MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 4/4/2009 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

What a beautiful lipstick. It's lavender purple!!!! Oh, I love the way that this lipstick looks and feels on my lips. I usually only have to reapply after I eat which is the same with all lipsticks. It's very creamy and soft. I also don't wear a gloss with this lipstick. I like the color all by itself. This is the best product that I've received from the Back 2 Mac program.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Love this lippie! I was trepidatious about trying Lavender Whip so I figured this was the next best thing. A wonderful, bold and fun color. As always with MAC Amplified Creme formula, the consistency is smooth, moist, and not cakey. I love it!!! (NC45 for reference)

on 3/12/2009 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome lipstick! Beautiful fuchsia/lavender shade. The only con about this which made me deduct one lippie, is that I find myself reapplying this several times in the day. It's also somewhat drying on my lips. But I just love this shade so much I choose to overlook that :)

on 3/7/2009 10:59:00 AM

One word, GEORGEOUS. THis is such a lively colour. the most georgeous lipstick ever. even though im a fun of natural colours and generally i go for browns and nudes this really stands out. definately HG and a definite repurchase.

on 2/22/2009 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a lipstick colour that was fun and unusual and I remembered a long time ago I had a fuschia lipstick from MAC that had a bit of shimmer (I think it was called Stiletto) and I loved it and it really worked well with my caramel tan skin. I saw a girl with my skin tone wearing Lavender Whip and went to MAC to pick one up but when I swatched Up the Amp I knew it was the one. Its a bright violet pink. Brighter than I expected but I love it! My lips are naturally a deep pink, so if I could tone it down with a warmer liner or gloss over top. But I like it applied straight from the tube. This lippie is creamy shiny and moisturizing. I like it paired with a soft shimmery nude shadow and black liner and no blush. I find if i wear blush its too much going on. Or if i just dab it on lightly it gives my lips a nice violet stain. This is gorgeous colour for girls who love wearing lipstick and like something that's not soft and neutral.

on 2/7/2009 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love this color, it is a cool based pinkish purple shade that is bright without being annoying. This is a lipstick that really flatters my NC30 skintone IMO. I really like blue based shades on me, they are really bold and different. The texture of this lipstick is great too. I love all the amplified, you never get that peeling feeling that you can get with some other MAC lipsticks. This one has decent staying power too esp. for a lipstick that is so creamy.

on 2/6/2009 6:58:00 PM

I wanted to either get this or Girl About Town. In comparison I think it's a little more toned down and unique than girl about town. When I put it on it looks a bit purplish magenta. In pictures with flash, however, it looks very different to me (a lot more lavender and brighter) nothing like how it looks if someone were to just look at you on the street. On my NC35/Buttered Tan skin it looks awesome by itself (no liner or gloss). The texture of amplified creme l/s feels sooo good (it has murumuru butter in it). I will definitely repurchase if I run out of this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this l/s it's a purple with blue undertones but it has a bit of pink also, which I really like. I will definitely buy another tube when I'm done with the one I have right now. For reference I'm NC 40 in MAC SFF here's a pic of me wearing it.
continued >>

on 1/22/2009 4:36:00 PM

I like this color a lot. It is a purple, definitely stands out. Not that dark purple that looks black though..it's a nice shade of purple. If you want to stand out, get it. If you are looking for a simple natural look this isn't for you.

on 1/12/2009 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Can we say HG? This is the most beautiful shade of bright, slightly blue toned, violet. It's an amplified cream which makes it go on SO smooth and the color payoff is out of this world. It looks fabulous on my neutral/warm toned skin. I want to buy a million tubes of this in case it ever gets discontinued. Love, love, love!

Popular Lipsticks