MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 2/6/2003 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have had nothing but horrible luck with this concealer. It does give incredible coverage, but it always creases and looks cakey and dry, especially as the day wears on. I have tried various techniques of application, moisturizers, powdering, etc., but nothing alleviates the problem. It's too bad because the concealer has such a great range of colors, and it lasts a long time. But to me the negatives far outweigh the positives, and I won't be buying this again.

*Edit* I stand by my original statements concerning using this as an undereye concealer, but wow is this awesome for concealing blemishes! I was afraid of putting something so creamy/thick on my skin, but this has caused me no problems and it gives smooth, opaque, all day coverage on blemishes/dark blemish scars. I can now leave the house looking flawless. For this reason I've given it 5 stars. My apologies, MAC ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I like this for undereye circles but not for spots as mostly i get spots around my nose and that is where i also get flakies and this is a bit too dry to put near flakies. Good product, you get a lot in the pot and it is very reasonably priced. I think the colour i have may be a shade too light but i will have to go and ask the mu artist at the counter. Good texture and has a spf 15 too!

on 2/2/2003 9:11:00 PM

very nice for the price, you get a ton of product and it lasts forever. I've been using mine almost every day for several months and it hardly shows a dent. It is very dry and highly pigmented so you need only the smallest amount. I also find that it doesn't cover blemishes very well, but is wonderful for evening out the skin and covering undereye circles.

I purchased this in NW25. It is a little more orangy than I would like. It seemed to get like that over time. The MAC MA tested me for it and this worked, but I had a tan. It definitely is only good on my MMM if I've got tan.

on 1/30/2003 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked this concealer. A pot lasts forever! My only problem is that it gets a bit dry over time. Good colour matches though.

on 1/26/2003 7:40:00 PM

Creamy enough to spread, dry enough to cover and stay. This is my favorite concealer right now.

on 1/22/2003 10:20:00 PM

I love this concealer. It just works for me. I use it over studio tech foundation and it holds all day. I wouldn't use it if you have wrinkly eyes because it will settle and crease within seconds of applying but on the rest of the face it's great. The little pot thingie is kind of annoying though.

on 1/13/2003 6:12:00 PM

Stay away from this if you ave even slightly dry skin! This stuff will make you look ancient. A friend told me last year that MAC was changing the formula to make it more moisturized. So far this has not happened. On a positive note - they have some good shades that match well with your skin.

on 1/8/2003 3:49:00 PM

This was too dry for my almost 30 skin. I think it may work for those in the 25 and under crowd. But it just seemed to settle into those little fine lines that are sneaking up on me.

on 1/3/2003 12:45:00 PM

This provides pretty opaque coverage so it conceals pretty well. The pot is small, and if your nails are long, you probably won't be able to use your finger to get the concealer. But it is a pretty good concealer, I've been using it over a year now.